Nebrasketball Game #2- Sam Houston State: Friday, November 12 7:30pm (BTN+)

What will the game result be?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Sam Houston State single digit win
    • Sam Houston State double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2021 at 02:01 AM

7 hours ago, Mavric said:

I mean ... he's averaging 6 assists per game.  That would have been 12th in the country last year.

The problem is all players NOT named Verge have 4 assists ON THE YEAR.  That's pathetic.

He passes the ball 6 times a game it feels like. The rest and fade away mid range jumpers and driving into 3 defenders. He has all the talent in the world and his ability to breakdown a defender is impressive. He could be an excellent PG, but he plays like a SG. 

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, Mavric said:

I mean ... he's averaging 6 assists per game.  That would have been 12th in the country last year.

The problem is all players NOT named Verge have 4 assists ON THE YEAR.  That's pathetic.

Problem is, he dribbled himself to trouble and only passes when it’s a near automatic assist on the stat sheet. The ball sticks with him

bad. More players would have assists if he would just catch and swing the ball quickly. But every time he Gets the ball he looks to see if he can score first rather than just keeping the offense moving. That being said I think we were in need of a guy who can break down the defense off the dribble. Just needs to figure out when to pick those moments. We really need him so hopefully he finds the flow of the offense 

1 hour ago, cornheadnation said:

Problem is, he dribbled himself to trouble and only passes when it’s a near automatic assist on the stat sheet. The ball sticks with him

bad. More players would have assists if he would just catch and swing the ball quickly. But every time he Gets the ball he looks to see if he can score first rather than just keeping the offense moving. That being said I think we were in need of a guy who can break down the defense off the dribble. Just needs to figure out when to pick those moments. We really need him so hopefully he finds the flow of the offense 

I don't disagree that he's been a ball-stopper so far.

But no one else is creating anything for anyone else.  Our offense is basically BMcGowens being great and Verge either creating for himself or someone else.  So I don't really fault him for trying to make something happen.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, cornheadnation said:

Verge is a pro at getting the ball across the time line… then he should pass it to Trey who is deadly driving and dishing.