Nebrasketball Game #3- Creighton (Gavitt Tip Off Games): Tuesday, November 16 6:00pm (FS1)

What will the game result be?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Creighton single digit win
    • Creighton double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/17/2021 at 12:03 AM

1 hour ago, Farms said:

God damn it sucks being a Husker fan right now. Combining football and men’s basketball I’m not sure there is a worse program in the country right now. 

I completely agree oh, I'm losing all interest in the program. I got rid of my YouTube TV cuz I don't care about the last two games in the football season and I sure do not care about a lackluster basketball season. Also looks like volleyballs going to disappoint me. There's just no real reason to TuneIn

1 hour ago, PaulCrewe said:

Bryce was gone after this year anyways, he'd said as much.  Now does he stick it out the whole year now is a bigger question

He’s going to have to show a lot more than he did tonight - in his first game against a legit team - if plans to be a one and done.

And in another chapter in the “Only at Nebraska” book of sports ineptitude, he may be one of the few one and done guys that comes out of a losing team.  Most of those guys take their team to the NCAA tournament.

Nebraska is not sniffing the NCAA’s this year.

Verge is Teddy Allen 2.0.  The ball sticks and we are not nearly as good with him in control. 

I love hoiberg, and he knows more about basketball than I ever will...but I'll never understand him bringing in guys like that when he wants free flowing offense with ball/player movement.  

Certainly a head scratcher.  If we hang on to verge playing a ton as long as we did teddy...we're in for another long season.  If he's regulated to 10 minutes a game or less, we'll be fine.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Cobra Kai said:

Verge is Teddy Allen 2.0.  The ball sticks and we are not nearly as good with him in control. 

I love hoiberg, and he knows more about basketball than I ever will...but I'll never understand him bringing in guys like that when he wants free flowing offense with ball/player movement.  

Certainly a head scratcher.  If we hang on to verge playing a ton as long as we did teddy...we're in for another long season.  If he's regulated to 10 minutes a game or less, we'll be fine.

Watch the first half of the Colorado game. Things were clicking there. I have no clue what has changed in the days since, but it might simply be that the games are counting now that changed what Verge is doing.

4 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Watch the first half of the Colorado game. Things were clicking there. I have no clue what has changed in the days since, but it might simply be that the games are counting now that changed what Verge is doing.

Yeah I'm not sure what changed but he morphed out of being a PG and into a ball hog. Multiple times all of our team could have stayed back on defense and let Verge go down the court for 5v1. 

Based on what I have seen live the last two games, both Verge & Walker should have their minutes drastically reduced and neither should be starting.  Kobe Webster may not have the "handles" that Verge does, but at least he gets the offense moving like Hoiberg wants and is a threat from 3.  Eduardo Andre brings energy that Walker clearly doesn't have and is a better rebounder & shot blocker and at least as equal as a scoring threat.

The last two games when NU made a run, neither were on the floor & I don't think it's a coincidence.

• Plus1 4

When things are going good, everything looks good.  When its nut cutting time and things are a little dicey, players fall back on habits.  Habits are hard to break.

Verge won't be fixed this year.  He can ball, I'm not overall bashing the kids talents, but he's not a match for this teams desired style of play.  That's not on him, that's on hoiberg for not learning from the Teddy Allen mistake. 

14 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

I’ve never seen so much standing around and watching on offense. They only run one pick up high on the point guard and that goes nowhere, then they end up forcing up a poor shot. No picks off the ball or any kind of cutting.  

You may have heard of him....but does the name Tim Miles ring any bells?

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

I’ve never seen so much standing around and watching on offense. They only run one pick up high on the point guard and that goes nowhere, then they end up forcing up a poor shot. No picks off the ball or any kind of cutting.  

It only seems to work that way when Verge has the ball in his hands & occasionally Bryce M.