Crypto/NFTs

Who's into the crypto markets and the NFT spaces? What waves are you riding, what alt and s#!t coins have you lost a ton of money on?

I just minted a sneaky squirrel on their whitelisted pre-sale...will probably completely lose out on this investment but surely the next one will hit :lol: It hasn't propagated yet but excited to see what features it's got. 

https://opensea.io/assets/0x5ab3919884531dc742422351dbf9ae19b2b49822/19/

Ve47lqIaTeu-IAwM_oXNf-WK_kIindRfOh2F6kXM

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, admo said:

I get a lame, boisterous AD on youtube each time I go there.

"What if you invested in bitcoin and google back in.. 2009...."

b!^@h, our phones weren't even 4G at the time lol GTFO here with that

I got offered 1 entire bitcoin in 2014 to design a book cover for a book about Bitcoin.

Unfortunately I was incredibly broke at the time, and couldn't afford to take a non-cash paying gig, so I said no. Live and learn.

• Haha 1

I've dabble a little in NFTs.  I did well with NBA Top Shots on purely dumb luck by getting in a few months earlier than everyone else did and that was only because I have a friend who has consistently been ahead of the curve with digital assets basically called me a moron for 4 months straight for not getting in on them.

I quasi get the appeal on Crypto Punks due to them being the OG NFT and the scarcity of it.  All the other deviations like Ape Yacht Club and stuff like that make zero sense to me.  Some of the digital art I've seen out there is pretty sweet tho.

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

These seem like just the latest collectible fad. Remember the 90s when beanie babies were all the rage?

I guess if you're lucky enough to get in ahead of the wave and get out before the crash, you're going to have fun making some money. But NFTs won't hold value.

Yes!  The Beanie babies!  I never had one but that s#!t was nuts.  

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Yes!  The Beanie babies!  I never had one but that s#!t was nuts.  

We’ve got a big box of them from back in the day….and Pokemon cards. Are they still a thing? Maybe I’m sitting on a gold mine here.

I have a very hard time wrapping my mind around cryptos and NFTs. Maybe it’s my age and old fashioned ideas about what is  and isn’t valuable but they just aren’t something I’d ever “invest” in. Stocks, bonds, Mutual funds etc. all make sense to me. NFTs, cryptos that can be mined, blockchains..….I just don’t get it.

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

We’ve got a big box of them from back in the day….and Pokemon cards. Are they still a thing? Maybe I’m sitting on a gold mine here.

I have a very hard time wrapping my mind around cryptos and NFTs. Maybe it’s my age and old fashioned ideas about what is  and isn’t valuable but they just aren’t something I’d ever “invest” in. Stocks, bonds, Mutual funds etc. all make sense to me. NFTs, cryptos that can be mined, blockchains..….I just don’t get it.

Crypto might as well be lotto tickets.  Seems like it is all or nothing.

21 hours ago, knapplc said:

These seem like just the latest collectible fad. Remember the 90s when beanie babies were all the rage?

I guess if you're lucky enough to get in ahead of the wave and get out before the crash, you're going to have fun making some money. But NFTs won't hold value.

The pudgy penguins and sneaky squirrels and the like are 100% a fad, no doubt about it. But the blockchain isn't. We're in the first wave toddler-level experimenting with what is possible but smart contracts and decentralized blockchain will fundamentally shift our world in web 3.0 imo.

I'm one foot in each camp - most of my energy is spent speculating trying to make a buck and get ahead as an early adopter (this is mainly the way I survive in the world is being early) but also trying to familiarize myself enough with what's coming to be ready for it.

15 hours ago, knapplc said:

I don't want to brag... but I have FOUR beanie babies.

Probably worth half a million NFTs.

That's....not how NFTs work :lol:

8 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

The pudgy penguins and sneaky squirrels and the like are 100% a fad, no doubt about it. But the blockchain isn't. We're in the first wave toddler-level experimenting with what is possible but smart contracts and decentralized blockchain will fundamentally shift our world in web 3.0 imo.

this went way over my head. god i feel so old now.