Chili and Cinnamon Rolls

Speaking of chicken....:B)

Has anyone been to this place in Omaha ?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/the-fried-chicken-everyone-is-talking-about-in-your-state/ss-BB198NmV?ocid=entnewsntp#image=28

Nebraska

Big Mama's Kitchen, Omaha

It's Patricia "Big Mama" Barron's chicken that keeps her customers coming back. Instead of using the typical deep-fry method, Patricia cooks her chicken in a convection oven in a pan of oil. - Foursquare user Food Network

On 10/25/2021 at 7:02 AM, gobiggergoredder said:

I grew up in Omaha as did my parents.  I never even heard of cinnamon rolls with Chili until I got married.  It’s been 20 years and I still don’t get it.

House divided.  I have to make cinnamon rolls for the wife and cornbread for me.

Same for myself and my parents. All of my grandparents were from the south so there was no such thing as cinnamon rolls with Chilli. You ate Cinnamon rolls for a snack or maybe breakfast but Chilli is eaten with cornbread. Still to this day have not tried cinnamon rolls and Chilli, no rush to either.

• Plus1 2
  • 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm now just coming across this talk of chili and cinnamon rolls and have seen references pop up on instagram lately.  I've never heard of it let alone tried it.  I think I might give it a go.  Asked my family if anyone had tried it and nobody had.  My sister-in-law said they were served chili and peanut butter sandwiches for their school lunches in small town middle of nowhere Indiana.

7 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I'm now just coming across this talk of chili and cinnamon rolls and have seen references pop up on instagram lately.  I've never heard of it let alone tried it.  I think I might give it a go.  Asked my family if anyone had tried it and nobody had.  My sister-in-law said they were served chili and peanut butter sandwiches for their school lunches in small town middle of nowhere Indiana.

my school always did chili and cinnamon rolls. Central Nebraska

30 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

my school always did chili and cinnamon rolls. Central Nebraska

I figured maybe my dad had heard of it or tried in as he spent time in Nebraska but that was for college.  The rest of us spent our school days in North west Indiana and I can't think of any sweet and savory pairing they gave us that would seem weird to others.  

3 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I figured maybe my dad had heard of it or tried in as he spent time in Nebraska but that was for college.  The rest of us spent our school days in North west Indiana and I can't think of any sweet and savory pairing they gave us that would seem weird to others.  

According to this super scientific BuzzFeed article, the weirdest food from Indiana is Roast Beef Manhattan which doesn't seem very weird at all 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/farrahpenn/heres-the-weirdest-food-every-state-is-known-for-according

14 minutes ago, GSG said:

According to this super scientific BuzzFeed article, the weirdest food from Indiana is Roast Beef Manhattan which doesn't seem very weird at all 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/farrahpenn/heres-the-weirdest-food-every-state-is-known-for-according

i don't think its weird but I've also never heard of it.  Never seen it on a menu or at dinner gathering.

2 hours ago, GSG said:

We always called that a Hot Beef Sandwich in S. Dak.  

The Horseshoe sandwich from Illinois looks good 

Iowa's loose beef is dorky - typical Iowa

Kansas has the Cinnamon roll and chili  

Boudin in Louisiana - my favorite.  The state wt the best food in my opinion

Nebraska - The Runza :Runza2:  oh yeah

My home state:  South Dakota: Chislic    As a jr in High School - I and some buddies  butchered  a lamb and made chilslic and sold it out of an extra house my parents owned on our 'north farm'.  The 4 of us guys made a lot of $$ - as the high school students (small town SD) came to our place after a game to get some good old lamb  Chislic.  It was always sold at the Turner County Fair (Parker) - SD's largest county fair back then and maybe still is.  

2 hours ago, GSG said:

This list is stupid.  If you really think the weirdest food in Louisiana is Boudin, then you have never set foot in the state.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This list is stupid.  If you really think the weirdest food in Louisiana is Boudin, then you have never set foot in the state.  

Is this your first experience with BuzzFeed? :lol: 

That's why I said "super scientific" when it's all just clickbait 

• Oh Yeah! 1