The Hypocrisy Of Firing Bo AND Keeping Frost

IUHusker

“They would’ve been burning crosses in my yard if I won 5 games”.  At min 4 below 

So… It’s ok for Frost to win 5 games and get a contract extension after winning 5 games….?  Bo was 7-0 and getting questions about his job status?  What is in the air in Lincoln?   

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

Thanks for posting.  This was a great interview and Bo handled himself well.  I like the comment about winning 9 games and feeling the heat when some coaches only when 5 games and get contract extensions.  Not sure if that was directed at Frost, but the point is well taken.  

He also really stood up for Osborne and felt Osborne was forced out as AD.  

• Plus1 1

Bo's certainly right about the hypocrisy with W/L expectations at Nebraska, but his successor barely got three years, and the golden boy himself is on the hot seat at season 3.5.

Both Youngstown State and LSU showed less patience with Bo than Nebraska. 

"Burning crosses in my yard" is also the kind of tone-deaf analogy that explains why Pelini remains a PR liability. 

• Plus1 4
36 minutes ago, IUHusker said:

It’s a great interview.  

Yeah it was entertaining. I was glad we fired Bo and wanted him gone (until we hired Riley) but he was fun to listen to here. My only real interaction with him was back at a high school football camp in Lincoln where I was hurt and hanging out on the sideline. He stopped by me to see what was going on. Turned out not to be a good fit here but he was cool to me personally 

12 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Bo was becoming an embarrassment from his sideline antics alone.  Regardless of our current situation definitely still glad he's gone and there's no way I'd want him back.  

As for SF I think the fact that we just switched AD's is buying him some time.  

Typically when you switch ADs its a sign the current coach is on the hot seat. A new AD would be more inclined to make a change than the old AD that put the current coach in place. 

Now Trev being a former player may show bias toward Frost as a former player. We will all know more as the rest of the season unfolds.

11 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Typically when you switch ADs its a sign the current coach is on the hot seat. A new AD would be more inclined to make a change than the old AD that put the current coach in place. 

Now Trev being a former player may show bias toward Frost as a former player. We will all know more as the rest of the season unfolds.

The AD reports to someone 

That hierarchy is very different now than when Pelini was fired.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1