The Hypocrisy Of Firing Bo AND Keeping Frost

IUHusker

All I know is Nebraska and it’s fans deserve better than Bo and definitely better than what Frost has done so far. If Frost stays, he needs to cut the crap and start putting a winning product on the field. Enough excuses. After 4 years, we heard it all. In my opinion, Frost needs to go 3-1 this season if he is to be retained. Otherwise, he needs to make way for someone who can give Nebraska what is deserves after two decades of mediocrity. Everyone’s patience is running low.

16 hours ago, IUHusker said:

Frost is in the business of winning football games.  At Nebraska, in year 4, Frost has won 15 out of 40 total football games.  Am I a bad fan for wondering why 50%+ of Nebraska fans don’t think that he has done a bad job at winning football games? 

We've already decided you're not a lifelong fan at all, but as a trolling outsider you should know that the vast majority of Husker fans don''t think Scott Frost has done a good job of winning games. Expectations were high and Frost got some passes no other coach would get, but the next step is firing Frost and hiring another coach -- our fourth in 8 years. Not firing Frost mid-season is not the same as saying you're satisfied with Frost. Some stubborn fans even want to see how the next four games play out.

Don't miss Bo's antics. I DO miss those 9-10 wins per year. Let's not forget he recruited and developed some straight DUDES. He didn't recruit Suh, but definitely pushed/developed him into one of the best DTs we've ever seen in Lincoln, and there've been some good ones. Burkhead, Ameer, Randy Gregory, Crick, Collins, Jano, several others he recruited and developed have done/are doing well on NFL rosters. 

He had his flaws, to be sure, and hindsight is 20/20, but he definitely should NOT have been fired after a nine-win season. It's like we didn't learn our lesson after Solich. 

Alas, as others have said, it's water under the bridge. To me, it's undeniable that firing Pelini like that KILLED the program and whatever momentum there might've been going forward. Riley...was obviously not the answer, and Frost was left with a program in shambles. 

One could argue that Frost maybe didn't know what he was getting into, came in with a cocky attitude, and has made some very poor decisions in trying to turn it around. Depending on how the final 4 games go, I think next year is a given, but Frost needs to take a long look at his overall philosophy as a coach, because he didn't seem to understand that just because things worked at UCF, doesn't mean they'll work in the B1G. 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Since LSU's defense is still a dumpster fire this year, it's less about Bo and more about they miss the detail and coaching acumen of Dave Aranda.

It's a lot to do with Bo.

Notice all those D1 coaching offers he's not getting. There's a reason for that.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

It's a lot to do with Bo.

Notice all those D1 coaching offers he's not getting. There's a reason for that.

But is he searching for a Job?

And I love how people think big time coaches want to come here now. Who wants to come to Neb after we have fired 2 Winning Coaches and The NU Poster Boy cant get it done. Im really hoping Frosty can turn it around. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1