The Hypocrisy Of Firing Bo AND Keeping Frost

IUHusker

4 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Apparently, the only reason no one has rehired Bo as a power 5 head coach is because he didn't go kiss Saban's ring for a season or 2. Doing that makes every failed coach the pick of the litter all over again- Apparently. 

• Plus1 1

Bo is a 100% correct

How many First team All Big 10 players have Nebraska had after Pelini? How many players drafted after Pelini?  

This program started to become a laughing stock the day after the 2014 Iowa game when they fired our second coach that never coached a losing season with a winning record. Now we’re going on our 6th losing season in 7 years with the golden boy leading the program.

This program has the biggest ego and think their crap don’t stink that instead of lowering the deposit for season tickets which would’ve helped sell season tickets are now doing BOGO to help preserve the sellout streak. 

I rather take Pelinis sideline antics, winning 9+ games and never losing to Illinois and Purdue than to watch Nebraska complete another losing season, 6 losing seasons in 7 years.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, ZRod said:

Ron Brown put out a pretty good stable too.

Oh heck yes he did, he’s probably the one coaching up the RBs and would be an upgrade.

I just was playing off the idea of Frost and Pelini coaching together, why not add another relic. Wouldn’t mind seeing Solich come back in some capacity though. 

Bo is a straight shooter, he doesn’t belong here. He should be in the NFL somewhere.  He’s like an Army sergeant… the troops will follow him into battle.

The AD, major boosters, media, league reps….they’re like officers and war profiteers…. or the people in the Capitol of Panem.

I’d want Bo back on the condition that he doesn’t spend half the game yelling at the refs and distracting the team instead of finding ways to win the game. No one ever accused Bo of being on the take or an insider of the pro wrestling league.

His brother and other coaches who have trouble keeping their pants on would not be welcome.

On 10/30/2021 at 3:30 PM, IUHusker said:

Bill Callahan as the recruiting coordinator and you have a dream team 

Callahan’s a standup guy. He recognizes his mistakes and tries to make up for them. I think he was just shocked to find out what he walked into… I don’t think he expected that much help from the fans.

On 10/23/2021 at 11:19 AM, IUHusker said:

“They would’ve been burning crosses in my yard if I won 5 games”.  At min 4 below 

So… It’s ok for Frost to win 5 games and get a contract extension after winning 5 games….?  Bo was 7-0 and getting questions about his job status?  What is in the air in Lincoln?   

After watching this I see a lot of the same things in the comments the players say about Frost. 
Like Albert the Bulls cousin Horacio the Bull said, we’re only one touchdown a game from being 9-0…. We shouldn’t just tear it down out of emotion.

Bo would still be here if he had better media handlers, took anger management classes. He even admitted as such during Will Comptons podcast. Seems like he regrets losing his cool like he did and feels bad about it. But he had zero admin support… and those leaked tapes were a hit job. IMO, we should’ve never fired him. He’s a guy who deserved all the resources and help imaginable to keep him happy in Lincoln… NOT Scott Frost.