The Hypocrisy Of Firing Bo AND Keeping Frost

IUHusker

4 minutes ago, FTW said:

Bo would still be here if he had better media handlers, took anger management classes. He even admitted as such during Will Comptons podcast. Seems like he regrets losing his cool like he did and feels bad about it. But he had zero admin support… and those leaked tapes were a hit job. IMO, we should’ve never fired him. He’s a guy who deserved all the resources and help imaginable to keep him happy in Lincoln… NOT Scott Frost.

Are you saying fans that want to keep Frost are MAYBE being a bit irrational?  Bo went 67-27 in 7 seasons.  Frost is 15-26

• Haha 1

The schedule is easy next year. So IF Nebraska brings Frost back and the team goes 6-6 then what? Is that progress? Does that merit another year for Frost?  What happened to Bowl game or bust this year?  Who is watching this Saturday? Who is paying thousands of dollars/year to watch this product next year?  

Frost is a Husker legend, I get it and I hate that I’m writing this but it’s time for him to go.  Adrian too (he seems like a great person but his execution in big moments seems habitually terrible). Can Frost not find a better QB?  How has he not recruited one in 4 years?  

3 minutes ago, IUHusker said:

The schedule is easy next year. So IF Nebraska brings Frost back and the team goes 6-6 then what? Is that progress? Does that merit another year for Frost?  What happened to Bowl game or bust their year?  Who is watching Saturday? Who is paying thousands of dollars/year to watch this product?  

Frost is a Husker legend, I get it and I hate that I’m writing this but it’s time for him to go.  Adrian too (he seems like a great person but his execution in big moments seems habitually terrible). Can Frost not find a better QB?  How has he not recruited one in 4 years?  

To be fair, my only cost is what I pay Comcast. It’s a sunk cost at this point so I’m simply viewing this masochistic experience as free

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, IUHusker said:

Are you saying fans that want to keep Frost are MAYBE being a bit irrational?  Bo went 67-27 in 7 seasons.  Frost is 15-26

Hell NO I just despise the woulda coulda shoulda what if BS ppl like to do to defend an abysmal coach.

*Edit* I guess I am, haha.

9 minutes ago, FTW said:

Hell NO I just despise the woulda coulda shoulda what if BS ppl like to do to defend an abysmal coach.

*Edit* I guess I am, haha.

They are being irrational, and it’s embarrassing as a Husker fan to read the reasons those people give for Frost to stay.  Any other coach would’ve been fired by now 

10 minutes ago, IUHusker said:

They are being irrational, and it’s embarrassing as a Husker fan to read the reasons those people give for Frost to stay.  Any other coach would’ve been fired by now 

Totally agree if this was Mike Riley he would be gone by now. The wrong message is being sent by keeping SF because “he’s one of us.” An outsider will be apprehensive about coming here. Keeping Scott will do more damage to the program. That’s my hot take as a fan. I think what you see is what you get. We’ve got a coach who is so in over his head and stubborn and using the same coach speak we heard from Bill Callahan in 2007.

2 hours ago, IUHusker said:

The schedule is easy next year. So IF Nebraska brings Frost back and the team goes 6-6 then what? Is that progress? Does that merit another year for Frost?  What happened to Bowl game or bust this year?  Who is watching this Saturday? Who is paying thousands of dollars/year to watch this product next year?  

It builds confidence. Confidence builds success. Success builds on success. Its the same thing you guys argue to get a new coach started on the right foot. - I argue Frost deserves the opportunity to take a cracking at next years schedule and build from there. If he fails next year, even as an ardent supporter, I'll probably agree its never going to work. But the monumental task he took on, taking over the sh!t show Riley left, Covid, cancelled games, injured first year qb, etc, has more than earned him the right to coach next season. 

This in addition to the fact, that there is not one active coach out there that I think is worth hitting the reset for. Campbell, Fickel and the rest ya'll dream about ain't coming. Prolly end up with Paul Rhodes or something....

3 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

It builds confidence. Confidence builds success. Success builds on success. Its the same thing you guys argue to get a new coach started on the right foot. - I argue Frost deserves the opportunity to take a cracking at next years schedule and build from there. If he fails next year, even as an ardent supporter, I'll probably agree its never going to work. But the monumental task he took on, taking over the sh!t show Riley left, Covid, cancelled games, injured first year qb, etc, has more than earned him the right to coach next season. 

This in addition to the fact, that there is not one active coach out there that I think is worth hitting the reset for. Campbell, Fickel and the rest ya'll dream about ain't coming. Prolly end up with Paul Rhodes or something....

Good coaches are able to build that confidence and get changes done in year 2-3, not 5 or 6. I understand that Frost has dealt with a lot of issues, but many of his issues have been self-inflicted. Blaming the inherited players and their former coach, instead of embracing them. Not recruiting competent QB's who can give Martinez a true challenge. Blaming the "hard schedule" when Frost can't even beat the teams in his own division. The lack of development at the skill positions is maddening. While COVID was a challenge for 2020, the extra year of eligibility enabled many players to come back this year and Frost and his assistants haven't taken advantage of it. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Good coaches are able to build that confidence and get changes done in year 2-3, not 5 or 6. I understand that Frost has dealt with a lot of issues, but many of his issues have been self-inflicted. Blaming the inherited players and their former coach, instead of embracing them. Not recruiting competent QB's who can give Martinez a true challenge. Blaming the "hard schedule" when Frost can't even beat the teams in his own division. The lack of development at the skill positions is maddening. While COVID was a challenge for 2020, the extra year of eligibility enabled many players to come back this year and Frost and his assistants haven't taken advantage of it. 

Exactly.  I don’t understand fans that think Frost deserves unlimited amount of time when he has clearly failed as Nebraska’s head coach.  Nepotism over sense?  He’s making over 1 million per win guys!  I’m embarrassed by those coming to his defense.  These are the same people that roasted Solich, Callahan, Pelini, and Riley.  But give Frost more time?  Why?  There is no reason and I’m embarrassed by fans making the case for him to stay because they have no case. 

9 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

For starters, let's not attempt to rationalize this Coach's lack of success to date.  All coaches are presented with similar challenges and either rise to the task, or fall short.  It is evident that this staff in all likelihood will fall short.

Separately, let's be honest about why this Coach will remain for one more season; sentimentality.  If job performance were the metric, this engagement would be over.  That said, and following 5 losing seasons in a row, I am comfortable with the fans holding on to their sentimentality for this Coach for one more season.  Next season we can respectfully show the Coach our appreciation for his contributions to the University and gracefully allow him to exit in November.  

On 11/2/2021 at 8:15 AM, IUHusker said:

Exactly.  I don’t understand fans that think Frost deserves unlimited amount of time when he has clearly failed as Nebraska’s head coach.  Nepotism over sense?  He’s making over 1 million per win guys!  I’m embarrassed by those coming to his defense.  These are the same people that roasted Solich, Callahan, Pelini, and Riley.  But give Frost more time?  Why?  There is no reason and I’m embarrassed by fans making the case for him to stay because they have no case. 

They want to give Frost more time because we have this idea that if you're a Nebraskan or played for Nebraska then you're automatically better.  Everyone would be calling for his head if he was a non Nebraskan guy.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1