The Hypocrisy Of Firing Bo AND Keeping Frost

IUHusker

Here's how I see it. Bo was firey. I guess some people felt he was too emotional on the sideline and call that "antics." Whatever, that is an opinion and those people are certainly entitled to it.  But he was a helluva coach and we were competitive under him, every year. Now we have a total pu&&y on the sideline, but apparently, in some respects, that's a good thing, but in others it isn't. I am confused. I want a coach who shows up to face the music in a post-game press conference and takes the blame. Honestly admits that he sucked. that the team wasn't prepared. Own it. Then, move on. (preferably forward).

I don't want my teams football coach to have to be a wuss. I want someone who is outspoken, but willing to take the blame when everything fails. Which, is does almost every Saturday. 

What I am saying, is we should have kept Bo. Maybe worked with him on some of his rough edges, but Bo is a football guy. I don't know what Frost is, but he isn't that.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Here's how I see it. Bo was firey. I guess some people felt he was too emotional on the sideline and call that "antics." Whatever, that is an opinion and those people are certainly entitled to it.  But he was a helluva coach and we were competitive under him, every year. Now we have a total pu&&y on the sideline, but apparently, in some respects, that's a good thing, but in others it isn't. I am confused. I want a coach who shows up to face the music in a post-game press conference and takes the blame. Honestly admits that he sucked. that the team wasn't prepared. Own it. Then, move on. (preferably forward).

I don't want my teams football coach to have to be a wuss. I want someone who is outspoken, but willing to take the blame when everything fails. Which, is does almost every Saturday. 

What I am saying, is we should have kept Bo. Maybe worked with him on some of his rough edges, but Bo is a football guy. I don't know what Frost is, but he isn't that.

Yep...

Bo was a great fit for NU and was much closer to winning the conference than he was far away.  

It sucks that some fans turned on him because of the tape (newsflash, all the coaches hate us, we are annoying) and it is lamer that the media turned on him.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Slow yer Roll said:

Nope, that's when the switch was flipped, and nothings been the same since.

We went to the Rose Bowl and crapped our pants...then we fired 3 coaches and made a conscious decision each time to send the program into the toilet. That is what hasn't been the same. We threw away the history and tradition of the program. Moved away from everything that led to our success and this is a different program today. Worse. We need to go back to what made us great. Best strength and conditioning program, top tier facilities, model walk-on program...all of it. That is who we are. Solid running game, and good enough passing game is what made us great. 

• Plus1 1