How do Frost supporters defend the fact that our recruiting class is currently ranked 83 out of 130?

that is truly unacceptable with the amount of money that is put into this program and the salary frost is making... regardless what our win/loss record is...

and yea... i'm sure we'll get a bunch of 3 stars to sign before signing day and huskeronline will bump up our class ranking as much as they can....

but clearly no top talent is interested in coming here and frost is no longer a name recruits are interested in playing for...

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Will be a small class and thus not ranked highly.  They’re being selective.  

I’d find other things to worry about at the moment than this.  

I don't follow recruiting much, but I'm willing to fly into hysterics and rage for several pages about this thing that I know nothing about.

Explain to me why this will be a small class (Covid years?) before I burn up my keyboard in righteous rage.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I don't follow recruiting much, but I'm willing to fly into hysterics and rage for several pages about this thing that I know nothing about.

Explain to me why this will be a small class (Covid years?) before I burn up my keyboard in righteous rage.

there's not many seniors in this class.

• Thanks 1
Just now, desertshox said:

there's not many seniors in this class.

I noticed that on the two-deeps they've been releasing all year. We just don't have the roster space for a bunch of players. Lots of teams have this problem, which means recruiting rankings will be wonky this cycle, right?

But I still think I may want to complain and complain and complain about this. Should I?

• Oh Yeah! 2
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I noticed that on the two-deeps they've been releasing all year. We just don't have the roster space for a bunch of players. Lots of teams have this problem, which means recruiting rankings will be wonky this cycle, right?

But I still think I may want to complain and complain and complain about this. Should I?

yes and yes. and also if you had the team going 4-8 on the year you should be overly fired up about that too.

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, desertshox said:

yay! another unnecessary thread to rag on the coaching staff.

Unnecessary to make a new thread. Should be in the 2022 class thread.  

OP has a point though. Even taking into account our limited #s these guys are getting their asses handed to them on the recruiting trail. Low average recruit ranking. No four stars. No offensive lineman. Injured, mediocre QB prospect. Highest rated player just announced he wants to open up his recruitment. Lost every single high ranked in state prospect (a disturbing trend now). I’m not being a Debbie downer. This class just straight up isn’t very good. There is nobody on the radar but 3 star JUCO guys & gonna try and get portal players. I hope it works out. 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Decked said:

Maybe unnecessary to make a new thread but even taking into account our limited #s these guys are getting their asses handed to them on the recruiting trial. The kinda class that sets a program behind because it’s so bad. 

i wont argue the class isnt good and probably should be better. it's the people who feel the need to just pile on their negativity. iirc their is also a thread in the recruiting forum. it is almost as if people wake up and go "i havent whined about this yet. im gonna go create a thread about it."

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, desertshox said:

i wont argue the class isnt good and probably should be better. it's the people who feel the need to just pile on their negativity. iirc their is also a thread in the recruiting forum. it is almost as if people wake up and go "i havent whined about this yet. im gonna go create a thread about it."

Wrong thread/forum but poster has a legit gripe. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, desertshox said:

And there's no thought of "I'll bet I'm not the first person to notice this" and go search. The first thought is, "Let find that Create New Thread button and go to town!"

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

Will be a small class and thus not ranked highly.  They’re being selective.  

I’d find other things to worry about at the moment than this.  

this makes no sense. regardless if it's a small class the there are no highly rated recruits signed.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
19 minutes ago, Decked said:

Unnecessary to make a new thread. Should be in the 2022 class thread.  

OP has a point though. Even taking into account our limited #s these guys are getting their asses handed to them on the recruiting trail. Low average recruit ranking. No four stars. No offensive lineman. Injured, mediocre QB prospect. Highest rated player just announced he wants to open up his recruitment. Lost every single high ranked in state prospect (a disturbing trend now). I’m not being a Debbie downer. This class just straight up isn’t very good. There is nobody on the radar but 3 star JUCO guys & gonna try and get portal players. I hope it works out. 

I can't add a single thing.  Good info.  If we continue to lose our own kids, that's no bueno.  Small class or not, it's shaping up to be a real dud.  End of the day, winning cures all.  And we haven't been winning.  The previous classes, I always said that the kids must like the vision that Frost is selling.  Moving forward, it appears that a lot of kids are no longer buying.  And we have not won with our "higher ranked" classes.  How will it look when we start pulling in the last class in the B1G. I think it's a valid concern and observation.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1