How do Frost supporters defend the fact that our recruiting class is currently ranked 83 out of 130?

1 minute ago, lo country said:

I just don't know if I can really point to an offensive player that has gotten "better: since being here. Guys on the D?  Quite a few for sure.  I just think the anchor around Frosts neck is the offensive staff.  We could go after "lower" rated guys of he showed the ability to develop them, but I am unsure we can.  Attrition/transfers/guys just leaving really seem to have hurt the offensive side much more than the defense  

Austin Allen

Rahmir Johnson

Cameron Jurgens

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Austin Allen

Rahmir Johnson

Cameron Jurgens

AA-Beckton who I would keep.  

RJ started out 5th on the depth chart.  I would argue he got where he was by hard work and misses by our RB staff on the other guy(Held)

Cam-finally starting to play well, but poor penalties.  But is not a Remington finalist....

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, lo country said:

I just don't know if I can really point to an offensive player that has gotten "better: since being here. Guys on the D?  Quite a few for sure.  I just think the anchor around Frosts neck is the offensive staff.  We could go after "lower" rated guys of he showed the ability to develop them, but I am unsure we can.  Attrition/transfers/guys just leaving really seem to have hurt the offensive side much more than the defense  

100%.

Lots of heads should roll on the offensive side of the ball if Frost stays. It's kind of a Cally-Cosgrove situation at this point and will be telling of whether he'll succeed here or not.

But for this class in particular we should be OK with Stenger type guys since they seem more likely to succeed in spite of the staff and will be less likely to just bail immediately.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Decked said:

is *valid criticism*

Probably is. I’m just currently fed up with the nonstop negativity. Some people need to put on their big boy pants and quit whining about every possible thing from every possible angle. Or maybe I just need to go away for awhile.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
4 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

My guess is the coaches understand if they don't get some issues fixed next year their time here will come to an end. They are going to focus on recruiting kids from the portal that are more ready to play next year than a high school kid who could take 3 or 4 years to  mature and grow into the system. They are also looking for junior college kids with experience.

One problem with this is that it pretty much guarantees that next year's recruiting class will be poor as well with so much uncertainty.   2 years of bad recruiting will hurt future years even if they manage to get to 6 or 7 wins with the weaker schedule next season.

4 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

My guess is the coaches understand if they don't get some issues fixed next year their time here will come to an end. They are going to focus on recruiting kids from the portal that are more ready to play next year than a high school kid who could take 3 or 4 years to  mature and grow into the system. They are also looking for junior college kids with experience.

One problem with this is that it pretty much guarantees that next year's recruiting class will be poor as well with so much uncertainty.   2 years of bad recruiting will hurt future years even if they manage to get to 6 or 7 wins with the weaker schedule next season.

Probably pointed out, but this will be a VERY small class, which impact rankings. When you are going to be as limited as we are going to be, you just can’t take anyone. Losing sure doesn’t help, but this class and ranking will be a numbers crunch casualty 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we only take 13-14. To get worked up about this class, especially after SF last few classes is kind of reaching for more to bit@h about. Our class is already half full, and will rank a lot lower than his other because of pure numbers alone.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

One way to fix having a very small class is recruiting from the portal or junior college. You eventually add more numbers to your small class 4 years from now by adding kids who don't graduate in the 4 year cycle.