How do Frost supporters defend the fact that our recruiting class is currently ranked 83 out of 130?

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

With our O-line it doesn't matter who you put back there -- we could have Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, and Walter Payton in the rotation, and every one of them would average under 4 ypc.

Nebraska has had one of its toughest schedules in years and is currently the #3 Rushing Offense and the #2 Total Offense in the Big 10.

Let's stop pretending we don't have the talent. This team can put together outstanding drives, quarters, halves, and one time they dominated an entire game.

Consistency, discipline, killer instinct and clutch playcalling problems stretch across every unit. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Consistency, discipline, killer instinct and clutch playcalling problems stretch across every unit. 

I'd say the first two and maybe the third are true issues. Play calling has been pretty good all year to me, minus Illinois. No play caller is going to be 100%. Frost and Lubick have done a good job with play selection and setup. My only gripe is the 4th and goal call, but it would have scored if the RB didn't trip.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I'd say the first two and maybe the third are true issues. Play calling has been pretty good all year to me, minus Illinois. No play caller is going to be 100%. Frost and Lubick have done a good job with play selection and setup. My only gripe is the 4th and goal call, but it would have score if the RB didn't trip.

Honestly, I've been a bigger fan of Frost's playcalling than most. It can be a very fun offense to watch. But it's hard to get around the persistent red zone issues, fourth quarter and overtime decisions, and some of that bleeds over to the defense, too. All four mental issues suggest the same problem: inability to handle pressure and step up in the big moment. And that typically points to coaching and culture.  

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Honestly, I've been a bigger fan of Frost's playcalling than most. It can be a very fun offense to watch. But it's hard to get around the persistent red zone issues, fourth quarter and overtime decisions, and some of that bleeds over to the defense, too. All four mental issues suggest the same problem: inability to handle pressure and step up in the big moment. And that typically points to coaching and culture.  

But it's been a theme across three regimes too. 

• Plus1 2

Haven't seen it mentioned yet.  This week is the first time or coaches have been able to travel to see recruits in 2 years.  When you consider our lack of proximity to recruiting bases, and our on the field results, it would be crazy to expect it to be any different.  We will fill the class but I'm guessing what level of receipts we get will be determined by how we finish the season.  Settling on mediocre recruits now makes zero sense.  If we finish poorly, we can get those guys 6 weeks from now.  If we finish strong, we likely attract a few more upper level kids so waiting to push makes complete sense.

b!^@hing about something that doesn't matter right now is just another way to whine and show your dissatisfaction with the staff and the past results.  But it means absolutely nothing.  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, ZRod said:

But it's been a theme across three regimes too. 

And that's what so crazy.  Penalties/TO's and miscues have been our identity....I remember complaining about Wats play calling, Becks play calling, Langs play calling and now Frost's...........Can we please all finally admit that Frank must be brought back and honored at NU.....Maybe even have him jump in with the Golden Knights and Thurston from Pender in  lieu of the dredge....

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, lo country said:

And that's what so crazy.  Penalties/TO's and miscues have been our identity....I remember complaining about Wats play calling, Becks play calling, Langs play calling and now Frost's...........Can we please all finally admit that Frank must be brought back and honored at NU.....Maybe even have him jump in with the Golden Knights and Thurston from Pender in  lieu of the dredge....

I recall people b!^@hing about osborne's and solich's play calling too.

• Plus1 3
13 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Haven't seen it mentioned yet.  This week is the first time or coaches have been able to travel to see recruits in 2 years.  When you consider our lack of proximity to recruiting bases, and our on the field results, it would be crazy to expect it to be any different.  We will fill the class but I'm guessing what level of receipts we get will be determined by how we finish the season.  Settling on mediocre recruits now makes zero sense.  If we finish poorly, we can get those guys 6 weeks from now.  If we finish strong, we likely attract a few more upper level kids so waiting to push makes complete sense.

b!^@hing about something that doesn't matter right now is just another way to whine and show your dissatisfaction with the staff and the past results.  But it means absolutely nothing.  

I agree completely. Outside of Indiana perhaps which is recruited by 3 major universities, Nebraska has the lowest population density of any state represented by the Big Ten. We are reaping what a years worth of Covid restrictions have given us. We are severely limited unless we can get far away recruits to Lincoln to see for themselves what there is to offer.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

I agree completely. Outside of Indiana perhaps which is recruited by 3 major universities, Nebraska has the lowest population density of any state represented by the Big Ten. We are reaping what a years worth of Covid restrictions have given us. We are severely limited unless we can get far away recruits to Lincoln to see for themselves what there is to offer.

Doesn't help when all the ones down the street don't want to come either 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1