How do Frost supporters defend the fact that our recruiting class is currently ranked 83 out of 130?

Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

IT’S A SMALL CLASS, HAVE YOU NOT HEARD OF SHRINKAGE

You would just hope that a small and selective class would consist of guys that won't take 2 to 3 years to see the field. It Looks like we are signing a small developmental class as our staff has shown how they excel at squeezing every ounce of potential out of our roster. Now it sounds like we are done with HS players and filling up the rest with JUCO and transfers. With how young we are due to covid year we should just sign all transfers. Screw it 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Will be a small class and thus not ranked highly.  They’re being selective.  

I’d find other things to worry about at the moment than this.  

This makes zero sense. If the class is smaller, you need to focus on quality. Should be primarily 4-star guys, with maybe a few high 3-star guys. The rankings aren't based solely on class size.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Our highest ranked recruit is the 46th best RB in the country. Suck on that Trebek. 

Watching  a ton of football today (like most Saturdays) it is glaringly clear we might have one of the worst RB coaches in a P5 school.  Every year we have multiple guys fighting it out and no one wins.....Then we have some crazy a$$ rotation no one understands and wonder why we have no running game.  Or why our QB is the leading rusher the past 2 years...Or why we used a 5'8 180lb Wan'dale as a RB last year.....Or why we are able to get the 46th best RB in the nation. Honest question.  How does a guy like Sevion Morrison (I know he was injured) come in from HS beating Spencer Tillman's records not even sniff the field....beat out by a walk on and a guy who started 5th.....

10 minutes ago, lo country said:

Watching  a ton of football today (like most Saturdays) it is glaringly clear we might have one of the worst RB coaches in a P5 school.  Every year we have multiple guys fighting it out and no one wins.....Then we have some crazy a$$ rotation no one understands and wonder why we have no running game.  Or why our QB is the leading rusher the past 2 years...Or why we used a 5'8 180lb Wan'dale as a RB last year.....Or why we are able to get the 46th best RB in the nation. Honest question.  How does a guy like Sevion Morrison (I know he was injured) come in from HS beating Spencer Tillman's records not even sniff the field....beat out by a walk on and a guy who started 5th.....

The thing is, I don't know if it is a Held issue at all. Frost tries to hide all injury information and seems to almost run a disinformation campaign.  Is he responsible for personnel decisions or is Held? Or Austin as the run game coordinator? Do any of them have an actual plan? Just seems like a disjointed mess.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, runningblind said:

The thing is, I don't know if it is a Held issue at all. Frost tries to hide all injury information and seems to almost run a disinformation campaign.  Is he responsible for personnel decisions or is Held? Or Austin as the run game coordinator? Do any of them have an actual plan? Just seems like a disjointed mess.

Not like what you's expect from a team playing in the B1G.  That's what's so frustrating.  You summed it up great. Just a disjointed mess....

12 hours ago, lo country said:

With our O-line it doesn't matter who you put back there -- we could have Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, and Walter Payton in the rotation, and every one of them would average under 4 ypc.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

With our O-line it doesn't matter who you put back there -- we could have Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, and Walter Payton in the rotation, and every one of them would average under 4 ypc.

I'm fairly confident if we had an Ameer Abdullah he'd probably be 3rd string and we'd never know why ha 

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

How did Illinois churn at 360 yards on the ground against Penn St in Happy Valley and win.  IN 9 OT's.....Even after yesterday PSU total D is 26th.  Rush D is now 62 after yesterday.  I don't think Illinois recruits better than us.  They just seem to either develop better or coach better.  Because they also beat us this year....and last year.

• Plus1 2