How do Frost supporters defend the fact that our recruiting class is currently ranked 83 out of 130?

5 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Since we are already grossly underachieving, I am not certain you will see much difference in terms of tangible results.  The better question would be, do we believe that a reduction in talent will jeopardize potential future wins over the Fordhams and Buffalos of the world?  Unlikely.  

Don't forget about Troy 2018  -  Example of low talent Nebraska being beaten by a lessor school. 

Football 9/15/2018  

Troy Beats Nebraska Troy 24, Nebraska 19

LINCOLN, Neb. – B.J. Smith scored on a 26-yard run midway through the fourth quarter and Will Sunderland made an interception in the final 3 minutes, giving Troy the cushion it needed to beat Nebraska 24-19 on Saturday and denying new Cornhuskers coach Scott Frost his first win.
Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

I am glad that you knew that I knew that you knew that they knew too. 

:snacks:

Just now, TGHusker said:

Don't forget about Troy 2018  -  Example of low talent Nebraska being beaten by a lessor school. 

Football 9/15/2018  

Troy Beats Nebraska Troy 24, Nebraska 19

LINCOLN, Neb. – B.J. Smith scored on a 26-yard run midway through the fourth quarter and Will Sunderland made an interception in the final 3 minutes, giving Troy the cushion it needed to beat Nebraska 24-19 on Saturday and denying new Cornhuskers coach Scott Frost his first win.

Perhaps it matters marginally in games such as this.  To that point, you may be on to something TG.  That said, FSU lost at home to Jacksonville State this season where I believe there should have been a bit of a talent gap.

At any rate, when you fail to consistently defeat the 4 that really matter in our quest to become bowl eligible (Purdue, Minnesota, Northwestern, Illinois), these games are even less important.  Honestly, how many fans have had sleepless nights over the near miss against Troy in 2018?  Nary a one.  In fact, most of us (self-admission) forgot we even played Troy that season let alone lost to them.  

17 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

I can only hold out hope that the coaches are just working hard at trying to get the best offensive and defensive lineman in the country and the lack of skill players just doesn't attract recruiting stars. 

well you my friend are in luck! We currently have 0 OL and 0 DL commits in our class. Guessing we are holding out for high 4 and 5 stars who are uncommitted at this point. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
11 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

well you my friend are in luck! We currently have 0 OL and 0 DL commits in our class. Guessing we are holding out for high 4 and 5 stars who are uncommitted at this point. 

Or JUCO's, I wouldn't mind if they planned on getting some 6'8 already Junior or Senior JUCO transfers on the line. 

3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Tony, what's your view on COVID affecting folks within our radius like Helms, Riley, Jackson, Woods?  For me, I think we wouldn't be having this kind of conversation if we were securing this talent.

it pushed back their visits to schools outside of nebraska back a little. as has been stated about the "top" talent in nebraska this year, they had no real desire to go to UNL. not sure why you brought this up since you've been told this before.

sometimes i wonder if people even read and comprehend things or if they are being intentionally obtuse.

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Or it could be that we signed 14 linemen in the last 2 cycles and are fairly deep in the rooms.  Most were too green to use this year but with another year we actually have quite a bit of depth on both lines... on paper.  

Again, recruiting has actually been pretty good.  You guys are barking up the wrong tree with this entire thread.  

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Or it could be that we signed 14 linemen in the last 2 cycles and are fairly deep in the rooms.  Most were to green to use this year but with another year we actually have quite a bit of depth on both lines... on paper.  

Again, recruiting has actually been pretty good.  You guys are barking up the wrong tree with this entire thread.  

so is it poor development? We have appeared to develop depth etc. on the opposite side of the ball. So if recruiting isnt an issue as you are suggesting does it come down to coaching? Should we have possibly brought in a couple JUCOs etc instead of relying on Fr and RS Fr from the last 2 cycles? 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, desertshox said:

it pushed back their visits to schools outside of nebraska back a little. as has been stated about the "top" talent in nebraska this year, they had no real desire to go to UNL. not sure why you brought this up since you've been told this before.

sometimes i wonder if people even read and comprehend things or if they are being intentionally obtuse.

I wasn't talking to you.  Tony is a real nice guy and I've had some great conversations with him as a fellow Husker fan.  Thus, I wanted his thoughts as we tend to see the status of Husker football in the same light.