Why Scott Frost Should Stay

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

2021 beats 2018?  I wouldn’t be so sure about that..  Defense is better now.  Offense is not....That sad reality is we are discussing which of our losing record teams is the least bad of the 4 we currently have......

I’d still take, Foster, Farmer, Stan and Oz and AM 2018 in a heart beat.....

I'd take end of the year 2018 squad hands down. Hung with that 13-1 OSU team on the road. Hung with 9-4 Iowa on the road. Beat the only two winning teams in Frost's entire tenure. 

• Plus1 3

17 minutes ago, lo country said:

2021 beats 2018?  I wouldn’t be so sure about that..  Defense is better now.  Offense is not....That sad reality is we are discussing which of our losing record teams is the least bad of the 4 we currently have......

I’d still take, Foster, Farmer, Stan and Oz and AM 2018 in a heart beat.....

8 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'd take end of the year 2018 squad hands down. Hung with that 13-1 OSU team on the road. Hung with 9-4 Iowa on the road. Beat the only two winning teams in Frost's entire tenure. 

I’d have to go with the 2021 squad that didn’t get pushed around and outplayed Michigan long before I’d take the 2018 team that got their asses handed to them 56-10 by Michigan. 

I realize the narrative in 2021 is we suck so s#!t has to change but you can’t even argue that we aren’t more competitive now. Has everyone forgotten what this team looked like Riley’s last couple of years and Frost’s first couple? We aren’t getting the Ws and moral victories mean squat but at least we look like we belong on the same field as some of these other teams finally.

5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I’d have to go with the 2021 squad that didn’t get pushed around and outplayed Michigan long before I’d take the 2018 team that got their asses handed to them 56-10 by Michigan. 

I realize the narrative in 2021 is we suck so s#!t has to change but you can’t even argue that we aren’t more competitive now. Has everyone forgotten what this team looked like Riley’s last couple of years and Frost’s first couple? We aren’t getting the Ws and moral victories mean squat but at least we look like we belong on the same field as some of these other teams finally.

And I'll take the team that beat s#!tty Illinois by 19, not the team that lost to s#!tty Illinois. BTW that '18 OSU team had proved way more than this year's Michigan, MSU or Oklahoma. MSU/UM currently haven't played any teams even receiving a vote in either poll. So '18 had better wins, and a more impressive moral victory. 

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, HuskerPriest said:

Frost stays. Nebraska has made progress. Two key pieces of evidence:

-Best defense in ten years.

AND 

-I was in Ann Arbor in 2018 for Nebraska/Michigan. I was in Lincoln for Nebraska/Michigan in 2021. 

Stevie Wonder could see the difference in those teams. 

And yet 5 wins is the high water mark.....How do we fix this?  It is funny (not hahaha) that instead of discussing the best Husker teams we are discussing how one was less worse than the others.  2018 had a very potent O, 2021 a solid D that has given us moral victories and only 5 losses, all by one score or less......2019 the best record with 5 wins....

No doubt we have improved on D as evidenced by hanging with UM, MSU, OU....We just can't seem to get out of our own way.  

I'd like to think that there was something in between they all stay or they all go.  Maybe, as has been suggested, some are offered options to "leave" and seek other opportunities.  Which raises the question, how good of hires could we get if Frost was retained, but most think he would get fired in 2022....Does Trev publicly say that Frost is here until 2024......Does Trev and Frost renegotiate contract........Set clear expectations ie more than 6 wins, bowl game.....Would Jamey Chadwell (as example) come as OC for 1.2 mill as OC or Bill O'Brien........Ed Wariner as OL coach....

26 minutes ago, HuskerPriest said:

Frost stays. Nebraska has made progress. Two key pieces of evidence:

-Best defense in ten years.

AND 

-I was in Ann Arbor in 2018 for Nebraska/Michigan. I was in Lincoln for Nebraska/Michigan in 2021. 

Stevie Wonder could see the difference in those teams. 

It’s a funny thing about that white speck on the top of chicken s#!t…

• Haha 2
41 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

And I'll take the team that beat s#!tty Illinois by 19, not the team that lost to s#!tty Illinois. BTW that '18 OSU team had proved way more than this year's Michigan, MSU or Oklahoma. MSU/UM currently haven't played any teams even receiving a vote in either poll. So '18 had better wins, and a more impressive moral victory. 

Plenty of crappy teams for everyone to have a slightly less crappy favorite :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Article on Trev and Frost:

https://hailvarsity.com/football/trev-alberts-declines-to-make-bold-broad-statements-on-frosts-job-status-for-2022/

“I thought we really had some solid momentum,” Alberts said. “So unfortunately, when you go up to Minneapolis and don’t find a way to get that done, it clips your wings a little bit. The bye week was really the first chance for the coaches to do some really hard internal evaluation, some self-scouting and actually reaching out to others to analyze your program and where it’s vulnerable.”

“I know it’s crazy la-la-land in some of those respects. I’m proud of what Coach Frost and our in our staff has done. Like I said, we’ve got four games in the next five weeks that I think are a great opportunity for us. I’m really looking forward to seeing them play well against Purdue.”

Alberts did say on more than one occasion during his hour-long radio show that the football team has four opportunities left in the season to finish the year strong. He has faith in the team that they will be able to get that accomplished.

AD speak or some hidden expectations????

7 minutes ago, lo country said:

https://hailvarsity.com/football/trev-alberts-declines-to-make-bold-broad-statements-on-frosts-job-status-for-2022/

“I thought we really had some solid momentum,” Alberts said. “So unfortunately, when you go up to Minneapolis and don’t find a way to get that done, it clips your wings a little bit. The bye week was really the first chance for the coaches to do some really hard internal evaluation, some self-scouting and actually reaching out to others to analyze your program and where it’s vulnerable.”

“I know it’s crazy la-la-land in some of those respects. I’m proud of what Coach Frost and our in our staff has done. Like I said, we’ve got four games in the next five weeks that I think are a great opportunity for us. I’m really looking forward to seeing them play well against Purdue.”

Alberts did say on more than one occasion during his hour-long radio show that the football team has four opportunities left in the season to finish the year strong. He has faith in the team that they will be able to get that accomplished.

He's telling the truth. He expects some internal evaluation to occur and to see a good game against Purdue.  Sounds to me like he expects this team and Scott to show him something the last 4 weeks.

I don't know if some folks truly realize, we aren't just 3-5 right now. We are 2-5 against FBS teams, and 1-5 against Power 5 teams. How do those numbers sit when you break them apart like that?

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, lo country said:

You know maybe after the first, but definitely after a second(so I wouldn't make it a third.....oops) losing season at my alma mater, one would think FOR SURE some "hard internal evaluations, self scouting and finding program vulnerability" might have taken place then.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Undone said:

Here's the crux of the matter, though. There is a distinct difference between casting a vision and actually tangibly executing a successful plan.

Yes, Frost has played really well from the "bring the emotions to the table" angle and has been really strong at casting a vision about a big turnaround...but has he personally really laid much of a hand on actually fixing things?

He definitely made excellent choices at strength & conditioning with Duvall - so there's a check box in that category. And Chinander has wound up being well above par - also a Frost decision.

But there's a difference between being a visionary and actually executing a plan. Scott has been strong on the former and weak on the latter, in my opinion. That's the problem, and that's why he's a perpetual 5-7 losing coach.

No...Duval is not a good S&C coach.