Why Scott Frost Should Stay

35 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

It’s not always all about you. Yes you had plenty to say about what Trev really meant, but you weren’t the only one blowing a few sentences into multiple paragraphs of explaining exactly what it all must mean. Sorry if you felt that was aimed directly at you but it wasn’t (not all of it anyway).

BTW, I went back and counted your contribution. Ironically it was exactly 8 paragraphs (even if I did pull the 8 number right out of my a$$). And then 5 more complaining directly to my off the cuff one sentence post. Maybe I should’ve claimed 20 paragraphs, to help you avoid confusion, because that’s the minimum that’s been wasted on what Trev really must’ve meant.

Everyone is scared to say it so I will. Trev has a verbal agreement with Nick Saban. 

• Haha 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1

33 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Hmmm. That's not making me feel good about it either. The person in the article felt it was definitive.

That is very very interesting that back then that he couldn't say "No, he will be back next year."

Things were probably being set up just in case.

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Kentmick said:

Hmmm. That's not making me feel good about it either. The person in the article felt it was definitive.

That is very very interesting that back then that he couldn't say "No, he will be back next year."

Things were probably being set up just in case.

Trev didn't want to produce a sound clip of him saying "Scott is coaching for his job". I also think many people assumed 6+ wins and a bowl was a foregone conclusion. The media and all our fans thought this would be a 7-5 type team. The people in the pre-season prediction thread that we're calling for a loss to Illinois or a losing season were told to not be so pessimistic. I think people are still holding out hope for 6 wins, but 3-4 wins would create an insane amount of pressure for Trev to make a move. We aren't living in the same world when Trev made that original quote. 

In the 122 years of Big Red football... any Husker fan can name the two best coaches in Nebraska history (by far)... Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne.

More than one thing went into making them both successful. But there is a personal quality they share that is an important one to their success:

Both of them were ‘Father Figures’. (And both became 'beloved' by the fans).

Major college football coaches for years now are more than just guys who coach football. They have become Father Figures for their program, their fan base, and their State. In many States, they are the highest paid and highest profile persons in the State. They come to represent the State on the National stage. Like Dr. Tom, they can transit into high profile positions away from football.

Nebraska has not had a ‘Father Figure’ coach since Dr. Tom.

Can Scott Frost become a Father Figure in the mold of the two Husker legend coaches? Is that in his personality? If not, can he find ways to have a winning program without that?

And if a new person is in the Husker future, do you go with the hot young coach who seems on his way up like Frost was? Or do you find that already established Father Figure to return the program to glory?

What personal qualities should the next Husker coach have?

Honestly at this point I don't care if he's retained or not. I don't think one more year will make a difference one way or the other. If he finishes with 3 or 4 wins, he should be let go in my opinion..... or if there's a coach Trev really wants who he thinks won't still be available next year (like Chadwell, whose offensive system I believe would be a great fit here.)

On 10/27/2021 at 1:48 PM, Kentmick said:

Thats true. But anyone thinking it means Frost is staying is delusional. We are at a point where each side is only seeing/hearing what they want. What Trev said also doesn't mean that Frost is gone either. He simply punted the decision. It was a smart NON COMMITTAL move.

If I had to venture a guess...Trev is hoping one of 2 things happen, the feelers he has orchestrated to potential replacements get a bite and talks heat up.

OR

Frost gets to 6 wins.

Either of these would make Trev's job very very easy.

Until then? Punt to the end of the season, which any AD should, and see what happens.

S

I

X

let's go!