Why Scott Frost Should Stay

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

So Frost is unable to A. recruit a better QB, B. make the tough decision to bench the QB. C. Call plays that his QB can execute. Yep bring back Frost I am sure he has all the answers. 

Yeah I don't know why he keeps putting him at there but it is on Frost to have a viable back up, but I'm not sure there are any plays Martinez can execute. He mis reads zone reads all the time. Even on direct snaps he fumbles the ball look at Michigan. Frost refuses to turn the page on Martinez it's going to be his downfall

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ndobney said:

Yeah I don't know why he keeps putting him at there but it is on Frost to have a viable back up, but I'm not sure there are any plays Martinez can execute. He mis reads zone reads all the time. Even on direct snaps he fumbles the ball look at Michigan. Frost refuses to turn the page on Martinez it's going to be his downfall

and he deserves to be fired because of it. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
9 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

and he deserves to be fired because of it. 

Starting to maybe agree with that. I'm still in the camp that if he's willing to move on from from Martinez and make a few changes staff wise we give him more time especially with $20 million owed also says to the next head coach we are willing to give you all the fair opportunity you need to succeed. This might be a moot point as I'm not sure Frost is willing to do any of that.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Starting to maybe agree with that. I'm still in the camp that if he's willing to move on from from Martinez and make a few changes staff wise we give him more time especially with $20 million owed also says to the next head coach we are willing to give you all the fair opportunity you need to succeed. This might be a moot point as I'm not sure Frost is willing to do any of that.

He’s had 4 years. That’s more than enough time for a full refresh.

watching MSU play sound and spirited football under Mel yesterday, and really all year, is more than enough proof that visibility progress and consistency doesn’t need 4 years to be in place.

7 minutes ago, ndobney said:

if you have to convince your HC that he needs a new QB and staff you might as well fire your coach. He should have made these decisions after his THIRD losing season. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, iablackshirt said:

I've been for keeping frost regardless of the outcome this year.  Unless you go 3-9.  The schedule next year for us is much easier which I would like to see how we would do. I think one more year to see what they can do wiuld be good.  I don't think we can attract a big name at nebraska the we have been.  Give a coach more than 4 years for once to see if he can turn it around. Just imagine if we win three of the 6 one shore games this year were bowl eligible.

Having a good record when we have an easy schedule just creates the illusion that everything's fine and no changes are necessary (assuming we'd even finish the year with a good record).  This year was the real test, and at this point I don't think anyone can argue that we're anywhere close to passing.  

48 minutes ago, ndobney said:

1) The money owed shouldn't be a factor in the decision to retain Frost 

2) Frost has been here 4 years. That's enough time to make progress, not stay in 4-8 and 5-7 purgatory

3) The next head coach isn't gonna care about "having the fair opportunity to succeed."  The next guy is going to be confident he will succeed, get a contract extension, and then go from there. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ndobney said:

The story about Adrian Martinez's failures is more about Frost than Martinez.  Frost hand picked AM as he was starting at Nebraska and believed AM would be the next Marcus Mariota.  We all know that is not the case, yet Frost remains stubbornly loyal to AM.  If rumors are true, Frost even overlooked pursuing Joe Burrow a while back and likely could have gotten other quality QBs in the transfer portal, yet he believed Martinez was the right QB to turn things around.  

This love affair with AM along with his loyalty to his UCF staff speaks to Frost's judgment and decision making as a head coach.  A good coach with proper vision and decision making would have realized after year 2 that staff and QB changes were needed, yet he has stood by all of them to the point where he is now on the verge of being fired.  As a fan I have no trust in Frost to suddenly start improving his decision making abilities and he has forfeit the right to lead this program.

1 hour ago, ndobney said:

I don't think he processes quickly enough to actually make a good read so it's more of a guess. Don't think he's a "fast-blinker" to begin-with and that's exacerbated by being developed by a coach that should have been gone already. Do wonder what AM would look like being coached-up by somebody better. 

4 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

So Frost is unable to A. recruit a better QB, B. make the tough decision to bench the QB. C. Call plays that his QB can execute. Yep bring back Frost I am sure he has all the answers. The bigger indictment would be putting Smothers in and we actually win games and complete those passes. If that happens I am more than confident that Frost has zero business being a HC at this level. 

And that is why we won't see Smother's. QB AND coaching controversy....

2 hours ago, Danimal said:

I don't think he processes quickly enough to actually make a good read so it's more of a guess. Don't think he's a "fast-blinker" to begin-with and that's exacerbated by being developed by a coach that should have been gone already. Do wonder what AM would look like being coached-up by somebody better. 

And we could tailor the O around this. Ditch the zone read and RPO.  Go with "traditional" running plays.  Tosses, traps, dives....Use 12 as our base personnel....Use more PA.  The option is good, but it goes away too quickly.  Maybe teach ie show AM to fake the pitch to make the DE move up.....Or "slide" up to force the DE to commit to him or the RB.....A lot a legit play caller could do to help and make him look/play much better.  And I agree, Verduzco never would have seen 2020 from the Husker sideline....

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, lo country said:

And we could tailor the O around this. Ditch the zone read and RPO.  Go with "traditional" running plays.  Tosses, traps, dives....Use 12 as our base personnel....Use more PA.  The option is good, but it goes away too quickly.  Maybe teach ie show AM to fake the pitch to make the DE move up.....Or "slide" up to force the DE to commit to him or the RB.....A lot a legit play caller could do to help and make him look/play much better.  And I agree, Verduzco never would have seen 2020 from the Husker sideline....

Biggest issue is the idiotic zone/area blocking scheme Austin "teaches",  that the OLine still doesn't know, wouldn't work so hot with traditional running plays.