What’s your (unpopular) Husker hot take?

10 hours ago, runningblind said:

It's a universal language.  Some dude saw my hat from the tee box on a golf course in Minneapolis two weekends ago and did that.  We responded, it was fun.

Creepy I'll give you.

My own take? Frost is in the bottom 5 coaches in the B1G.

I appreciate your willingness to go there.  The correct answer however is that Frost is either the worst coach in the Big Ten or second worst depending on your thoughts about Locksley at Maryland.

8 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

There’s an over saturation of media and former players covering the team that it becomes nauseating.

And it’s hard to even enjoy a win long enough before nit-picky complaining and doubt sets in. I get we suck, but would like to become a winning team again before being overly critical of winning. 

+1. Every media outlet seemingly has 3-4 guys covering the team: LJS, OWH, 247, Rivals, HV,....there's at least 20 people reporting the same damn thing every day. Then the radio stations regurgetate that information for 3-4 hours at a time, every day.

• Thanks 1

I’ve said this before in a similar thread, but I think Callahan gets too much unnecessary hate. I believe he genuinely tried his best and it just didn’t work out. I can respect that effort.

Conversely, I think Riley and Co had zero intention of ever putting forth a good faith effort. It was simply seen as one last pay day for him and his boys. The whole “nice guy” schtick is a total facade. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
11 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The block “N” sucks. 

Interesting.  As boring as it is I will fully admit that I still love it and don't want them to ever change it.  Even better than than the recent NU logo on our most recent alternate's that even one media member actually thought should replace the block N logo smh.

10 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Not sure if this is unpopular, but the fat, Herbie in overalls should return and be the official mascot. I also like Lil Red.

I like the block N, the pencil N (what I call N on the helmet, and script Huskers, but the script Huskers on top of the block N was a terrible logo. 

I like that Nebraska has Adidas as the uniform and gear outfitter. Too many teams have Nike, so it makes NU unique, and Under Armor sucks. 

This 100%.  You guys are coming up with some good ones.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

I appreciate your willingness to go there.  The correct answer however is that Frost is either the worst coach in the Big Ten or second worst depending on your thoughts about Locksley at Maryland.

Given that frost has way more talent than Maryland to work with, in a worse division, I’d say he’s the worst.  

As far as unpopular hot takes go, I think frost is probably the best/smartest play designer. For those who might get this analogy, frost is a genius level football engineer, where being a head coach means being a football foreman, of sorts.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1