What’s your (unpopular) Husker hot take?

I love the Huskers and love college football, but based on what we know about

- concussions

- history of recruiting scandals

- history of sexual abuse

- arbitrary NCAA rule enforcement

- lack of parity

- packing fans into stadiums while we are still in a pandemic 

- and Nebraska's decline into the abyss

It would not be a terrible thing if football actually went away.

• Plus1 5

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The game announcers are generally good, do their homework, and have a solid understanding of Nebraska football and its meaning to the state. 

The refs aren't biased against Nebraska.

The media isn't biased against Nebraska.

Husker fans are far worse critics of the program than outsiders. 

Id agree in principle about refs. In college football, the field refs are powerless to the review ref and there are too many subjective rules in place.

In general, some officials just suck and the culture of “good ol boys” club keeps them hanging around. Anybody in officiating knows that many refs are promoted for reasons other than merit. 

Hot Takes?

The Huskers should give up on finding a high profile coach. The job is too tough and the fan base is too needy.

The Huskers should adopt a system of rotating coaches with a new one each week. All coaches must be posters to Huskerboard and everyone else is disqualified.

No repeats. You get to coach the Huskers just once and that’s it. You are, however, allowed to select members of your family and friends to act as assistant coaches. You can have as many as the number of years the Huskers have been playing football.

Also, you as acting coach-of-the-week get to select who is the Glamour Matchup game of the season. You can select from any major college program in the United States or Canada. It can be anyone from Alabama to New Mexico State. Your choice.

Finally, home games can no longer be played in Lincoln. All games will be played in Fremont on weeks when Midland is on the road.

1 hour ago, Savage Husker said:

Id agree in principle about refs. In college football, the field refs are powerless to the review ref and there are too many subjective rules in place.

In general, some officials just suck and the culture of “good ol boys” club keeps them hanging around. Anybody in officiating knows that many refs are promoted for reasons other than merit. 

As a San Francisco Giants fan watching this year's division playoffs, I couldn't agree more. 

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

As a San Francisco Giants fan watching this year's division playoffs, I couldn't agree more. 

Man, that was a BS call to end the series. If there’s a bias I’d hold as an official is that I’d never end a game, let alone a series, on a 50/50 call

edit: that wasn’t even 50/50