What’s your (unpopular) Husker hot take?

1 hour ago, Hagg said:

I could never stand Frank Solich ever since driver's ed at Southeast High when he'd play with his nads while "instructing."  Corner of the eye stuff that staring at the road ahead could not fully alleviate.  The guys laughed about it but all the gals could talk about was his "cute walk." 

^ How to say you’re old without saying you’re old. 

51 minutes ago, Red Five said:

It is an interesting thought exercise if Byrne was able to conduct a real search for the next HC.  We don't end up with Solich, Byrne might stay and not go to A&M since he has his guy at HC, we never get Stevie P, etc, etc, etc.

I'm probably in the minority, but I highly doubt Bob Stoops lasts any longer here than Solich did.  

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I still think Tom Osborne in his prime could beat Saban in his prime. chuckleshuffle     I'm not bias.  I'm not bias.  I'm not bias.  

Like in a fight?

Saban's a pretty small guy... I think Prime Dr. Tom TROUNCES Nick.

Flying knee KO in the 1st is my prediction

5 minutes ago, Spacer said:

Like in a fight?

Saban's a pretty small guy... I think Prime Dr. Tom TROUNCES Nick.

Flying knee KO in the 1st is my prediction

Yes in a fight to but Tom would be to nice and Saban is a jerk.  So you never know.  

Actually, if one could magically have a 8 team tournament of 4 of Saban's best teams and 4 of Tom's - Tom would come out ahead.  I think the 95 team even wins without a magical adjustment for different eras.   But remember "I'm not Biased in any way"  :D

When Osborne retired, the Husker boosters, AD, Administration, etc. should have recognized that what he accomplished was extraordinary, and could not be maintained, probably not even by him.  Instead of expecting nothing less than NC contention every year, they should have looked for, and accepted, something along the Wisconsin or Iowa Model.  Find the next Alaverez or Ferentz. 

• Plus1 1