What’s your (unpopular) Husker hot take?

13 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I think that team deserved the NC - perhaps the best team to never have one it.  This after the 82 team got a NC stolen from them at PSU. 

I'm also annoyed that a #5 ranked team can ascend to #1 based on a razor-thin margin of victory on it's home field. But you know, I'm not bitter or anything.

Ever since the playoff was established, I think about those 80s teams all the time and how they might have fared. In 1983, Miami isn't even in it.

11 hours ago, CheeseHusker said:

I'm also annoyed that a #5 ranked team can ascend to #1 based on a razor-thin margin of victory on it's home field. But you know, I'm not bitter or anything.

Ever since the playoff was established, I think about those 80s teams all the time and how they might have fared. In 1983, Miami isn't even in it.

Agree.   Turner Gill had us in 3 NC chases in a row.  We lost to Clemson in 81,  the PSU stolen game, and of course 83.  While Clemson was the better team in 1981 -  The 82 & 83 teams should have had back to back NCs.  But that is why they 'play the game'.  Human errors are included - such as the stupid referee calls in 1982 & 1993 (94 orange bowl)  Just think how that would have changed the rest of the 1980s and Tom's overall image.  For so long he was viewed as the coach who couldn't win the big game until he got the monkey off his back.   But as you say, we aren't bitter, resentful, envious, mad:steam or anything :D

On 11/15/2022 at 10:05 PM, TGHusker said:

:ou1:Tom should have told the Orange Bowl committee no way we are playing OU again in the bowl. It was a no win situation for Neb

Totally agree.  A lot of people agree with it.  I remember Bo Schembechler was asked about it in an interview on Detroit TV - and he went off about how ridiculous and unfair to Osborne it was.

1 hour ago, ladyhawke said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It's complete crap...I don't know how anyone can sit here with a straight face and think the sell out streak holds anyother value than a sham of $ to make people think the stadium is at physical capacity. EVERY time on TV when they announce "x straight sellout" and they immediately pan to the stadium to show the crowd. Hence "sell out" implies to non Nebraska fans "full capacity." It would be more respected on my end, if they immediately panned to John C Moneybags in a suite.

If this sham is going to continue atleast the tickets that were bought to "sell out" should be given away for free at the gate. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

It's complete crap...I don't know how anyone can sit here with a straight face and think the sell out streak holds anyother value than a sham of $ to make people think the stadium is at physical capacity. EVERY time on TV when they announce "x straight sellout" and they immediately pan to the stadium to show the crowd. Hence "sell out" implies to non Nebraska fans "full capacity." It would be more respected on my end, if they immediately panned to John C Moneybags in a suite.

If this sham is going to continue atleast the tickets that were bought to "sell out" should be given away for free at the gate. 

Or Husker Fans actually show up. I just think Husker Fans are tired of the same old crap on the field and with the decisions that have been made by the administration. Husker Fans are saying we will buy tickets but won't watch the product bc the product sucks so better get it right or your going to get Husker Fans stopping to support them.

3 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

It doesn't matter if butts are in seats. A sell out means all tickets are sold. The UNI has no power over what buyers do with the tickets after they are sold. Idiots can burn them for all they care. I wish you and every other "individual" who can't tell the difference between a sell out and a capacity crowd would either go back to school or learn to Google the definition on such things. 

• TBH 1