What’s your (unpopular) Husker hot take?

27 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

It doesn't matter if butts are in seats. A sell out means all tickets are sold. The UNI has no power over what buyers do with the tickets after they are sold. Idiots can burn them for all they care. I wish you and every other "individual" who can't tell the difference between a sell out and a capacity crowd would either go back to school or learn to Google the definition on such things. 

Well everytime the tv networks mention the sellout streak the cameras pan out to the crowd implying that crowd of people are actually in the seats.  Do you think kids give a sh** about the sellout streak if fans aren't in the seats to watch the games and that's one of the selling points that we tell recruits why Nebraska should be the place for them.

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

It doesn't matter if butts are in seats. A sell out means all tickets are sold. The UNI has no power over what buyers do with the tickets after they are sold. Idiots can burn them for all they care. I wish you and every other "individual" who can't tell the difference between a sell out and a capacity crowd would either go back to school or learn to Google the definition on such things. 

Good lord, we all get the difference. Reread my post, the "sell out" is marketed as " full capacity" to the public. Again every broadcast starts with a "x straight sell out crowd" with a camera pan of the crowd. 

What's prideful about all the tickets being "bought" due to the University and big boosters working together to ensure on paper the "crowd is technically full"

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

Good lord, we all get the difference. Reread my post, the "sell out" is marketed as " full capacity" to the public. Again every broadcast starts with a "x straight sell out crowd" with a camera pan of the crowd. 

What's prideful about all the tickets being "bought" due to the University and big boosters working together to ensure on paper the "crowd is technically full"

Right.  And the butts in the seats vs butts in bars or at home differences we're seeing speaks to game interest or lack thereof.  A bad sign lately for us, and the hope is that interest grows before there is some catch up as to more people unwilling to renew their season tix.  The big wealthy boosters will likely remain for some time, but there are about 90 thousand seats and they can't cover more and more and more as interest wains.  That whole thing is the backdrop to all this about network cams panning the empty seats as they announce the "sellout."

Bragging about the "sellout" streak is a bit like the Nebraska guy that brags about an affair he had with his instructor. Pretty impressive until you find out that he was home schooled! Yes he got laid, but..............................

Get rid of the sham sellout curse so that you can get back on track of winning!

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

Bragging about the "sellout" streak is a bit like the Nebraska guy that brags about an affair he had with his instructor. Pretty impressive until you find out that he was home schooled! Yes he got laid, but..............................

I think there are a lot of people on here that agree with this already.

The thing is its def a little lame but if other schools were always close enough for a few tickets to be bought by boosters to sell it out then they can do that. The difference is most schools especially with our current record and even more so with our five year record would have half the stadium empty.  Also every school has some hokey thing they act like is real cool. 

It was so obvious.  Lincoln's stadium had several large chunks of areas with emptiness...... And areas where there was a lot of fans missing in attendance.... need to stop boasting and calling it a sellout....  

You got to be real and embrace reality.  No matter who buys up the extra tickets, we did not have butts in the seats to make it a sellout.  "The sellout streak".... It's so weird.  Sorry, Not buying it and not impressed.

7 minutes ago, admo said:

It was so obvious.  Lincoln's stadium had several large chunks of areas with emptiness...... And areas where there was a lot of fans missing in attendance.... need to stop boasting and calling it a sellout....  

You got to be real and embrace reality.  No matter who buys up the extra tickets, we did not have butts in the seats to make it a sellout.  "The sellout streak".... It's so weird.  Sorry, Not buying it and not impressed.

They track attendance numbers, too. So, I mean, its always been over 87k scanned attendees. Not sure what Saturday was but I would be surprised if it was markedly lower. Are scanned attendance numbers a scam as well?

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

I would disagree with this take, and frankly i think its also none of your f#&%ing business to be honest.  Do i go into your house and complain about the drapes.  So take your 1959 Rose Bowl Win, which is all you fans truly care about and hit the bricks.  We could care less about your history so dont come into here and dump on ours.

2 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

They track attendance numbers, too. So, I mean, its always been over 87k scanned attendees. Not sure what Saturday was but I would be surprised if it was markedly lower. Are scanned attendance numbers a scam as well?

Let it go.  It's not a real thing.   Only a Nebraska thing to mention.

17 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

It's complete crap...I don't know how anyone can sit here with a straight face and think the sell out streak holds anyother value than a sham of $ to make people think the stadium is at physical capacity. EVERY time on TV when they announce "x straight sellout" and they immediately pan to the stadium to show the crowd. Hence "sell out" implies to non Nebraska fans "full capacity." It would be more respected on my end, if they immediately panned to John C Moneybags in a suite.

If this sham is going to continue atleast the tickets that were bought to "sell out" should be given away for free at the gate. 

With all due respect, lots of those tickets ARE purchased and given away.  We’ve lost so much! Can we not have one thing that is still ours? Everyone I know KNOWS that the sellout streak is based on purchased tickets not butts in the seats. I say keep the streak! (Just my humble opinion and I mean no disrespect to your opinion. ) :)