What’s your (unpopular) Husker hot take?

35 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

How stupid are some of you ?

Sellout does not equal attendance.

Sellout = all tickets sold.

Doesn’t matter if it’s individual buyers, a corporation, a ticket broker .. sold is sold.

This isn’t being propped up artificially.. sold is sold.  

I see that your Husker pride and feelings are hurt, so you are trying your best to make it believed as a real thing. 

So, 3200 fans go to the game.  90k seats, 90k tickets sold.  3200 butts in the seat.  But you claim it's a sellout...... ???

Like how stupid you think some of us are across the nation ??!?!!

R.7418fc958004145eee6a1eec71da7d7c?rik=0S%2fKPFFSN2Hcqg&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Call it whatever you will dawg.  Aint nobody believe it. 

As long as you do, that's just wonderful.

Pulp Fiction Eyes GIF

PS.  Don't hate the truth.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

With all due respect, lots of those tickets ARE purchased and given away.  We’ve lost so much! Can we not have one thing that is still ours? Everyone I know KNOWS that the sellout streak is based on purchased tickets not butts in the seats. I say keep the streak! (Just my humble opinion and I mean no disrespect to your opinion. ) :)

That's awesome (tickets are given away). I have no doubt that every Husker fan recognizes that the "sell out" streak means tickets sold not butts in the seat. My mine gripe is the national perspective that is communicated to non-Husker fans/recruits is that it implies its "butts in the seats".

When we were winning I could go along with it as you may have 1 or 2k that don't show up...as we continue to lose and 5+k are not showing up and it is evident the stadium has plenty of seats open, than it becomes gimmicky.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I think there are a lot of people on here that agree with this already.

The thing is its def a little lame but if other schools were always close enough for a few tickets to be bought by boosters to sell it out then they can do that. The difference is most schools especially with our current record and even more so with our five year record would have half the stadium empty.  Also every school has some hokey thing they act like is real cool. 

Absolutely agree that your fan base has always supported the team through ticket sales, even in the past 20 years. That said, there have been MANY games that the crowd has begun to leave at halftime and the stadium is pretty empty at the end. No doubt you guys are great fans, hell maybe some of the best, but the sellout is a joke.

• TBH 1
4 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

Absolutely agree that your fan base has always supported the team through ticket sales, even in the past 20 years. That said, there have been MANY games that the crowd has begun to leave at halftime and the stadium is pretty empty at the end. No doubt you guys are great fans, hell maybe some of the best, but the sellout is a joke.

Pretty soon they will be super offended if you say the Runza is gross (It is).  

You can say it's ok, but that won't be good enough.  You must embrace it and say you love it.  

3 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

I would disagree with this take, and frankly i think its also none of your f#&%ing business to be honest.  Do i go into your house and complain about the drapes.  So take your 1959 Rose Bowl Win, which is all you fans truly care about and hit the bricks.  We could care less about your history so dont come into here and dump on ours.

Let go of your make believe 1950 something Hawkeye National title. 

16 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Well everytime the tv networks mention the sellout streak the cameras pan out to the crowd implying that crowd of people are actually in the seats.  Do you think kids give a sh** about the sellout streak if fans aren't in the seats to watch the games and that's one of the selling points that we tell recruits why Nebraska should be the place for them.

Who cares what the networks show... every damn ticket is SOLD. By definition, that is a SELLOUT! 

BTW. This is Texas A&M at halftime this weekend. 

image.thumb.png.3d69d80b9b4280d61226b0ec582a2d9e.png

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, admo said:

Pretty soon they will be super offended if you say the Runza is gross (It is).  

You can say it's ok, but that won't be good enough.  You must embrace it and say you love it.  

How can I block you.  Blasphemy:D:D

Haven't had one in years, but I still miss those (Original and onion rings), Vals pizza and Taco Johns with Potato Ole's!  

• Haha 1

https://hawkeyesports.com/news/2022/08/03/all-7-iowa-football-home-games-sold-out/#:~:text=The last time Iowa sold,at hawkeyesports.com%2Ftickets.

Everyone call and tell Kirk Ferentz and the administration they lied through their damn teeth. As terrible as Iowas offense has been this year, there was no sellout. Way too many empty seats! @CyHawk and @admo say so. 

The University of Iowa football’s regular season finale against Nebraska, scheduled for Nov. 25 at 3 p.m. (CT) on Duke Slater Field at Kinnick Stadium, is officially sold out. The announcement was made Wednesday by the UI Athletics Department.

All seven of Iowa’s home games are now sold out: South Dakota State (Sept. 3), Iowa State (Sept. 10), Nevada (Sept. 17), Michigan (Oct. 1), Northwestern (Oct. 29), Wisconsin (Nov. 12) and Nebraska (Nov. 25).

The last time Iowa sold out all seven home games in Kinnick Stadium was 2011.

Good thing the Husker fans can create sellouts for the Hawkeyes too 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

https://hawkeyesports.com/news/2022/08/03/all-7-iowa-football-home-games-sold-out/#:~:text=The last time Iowa sold,at hawkeyesports.com%2Ftickets.

Everyone call and tell Kirk Ferentz and the administration they lied through their damn teeth. As terrible as Iowas offense has been this year, there was no sellout. Way too many empty seats! @CyHawk and @admo say so. 

The University of Iowa football’s regular season finale against Nebraska, scheduled for Nov. 25 at 3 p.m. (CT) on Duke Slater Field at Kinnick Stadium, is officially sold out. The announcement was made Wednesday by the UI Athletics Department.

All seven of Iowa’s home games are now sold out: South Dakota State (Sept. 3), Iowa State (Sept. 10), Nevada (Sept. 17), Michigan (Oct. 1), Northwestern (Oct. 29), Wisconsin (Nov. 12) and Nebraska (Nov. 25).

How is this an unpopular Husker hot take? :lol:

4 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I am really confused. Do you think there were sellouts this year, or not? Did the Huskers create all of the sellouts this year? Are they lying about this being the first sold out season since 2011? No doubt there will be plenty of red at Kinnick this Friday. You are all over the place on this one! 

I do agree that the Hawkeye offense has been terrible, not just this year but last also. No doubt the defense and special teams has won most of the games. This is the year that the Huskers really have a chance to break a more important streak, beat Iowa for the first time in years (forget exactly how many).  That streak is not a sham.

• Plus1 1