What’s your (unpopular) Husker hot take?

On 11/25/2022 at 9:01 PM, HuskerPriest said:

Valentino’s is average. Gives me almost instant diarrhea. 

The original Valentino’s on Holdrege was very good.  

Then, they started mass producing it and it went to crap.  It’s still edible, but not as good as it used to be. 

kind of like if you have pizzeria uno downtown Chicago at the original location, compared to at a quick spot in the airport.  Totally different. 

• Fire 2

Frankly, this is generally true of about all pizzas today. I blame the sauces but some of the cheeses aren’t as tasty either.  The Val’s on Holdrege 40 years ago.  It’s been so long I couldn’t say the last time I ate there so ???   

Heck, Domino’s was actually decent back then too!   Pizza Hut was much better in the 70s and 80s as well.  

I suppose the cut throat competition gave us cheaper and cheaper ingredients etc.  

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Frankly, this is generally true of about all pizzas today. I blame the sauces but some of the cheeses aren’t as tasty either.  The Val’s on Holdrege 40 years ago.  It’s been so long I couldn’t say the last time I ate there so ???   

Heck, Domino’s was actually decent back then too!   Pizza Hut was much better in the 70s and 80s as well.  

I suppose the cut throat competition gave us cheaper and cheaper ingredients etc.  

The Domino's here is still decent. Pizza Hut is eundible.  Marco's kills it with the old world pepperoni. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

9 hours ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

The Domino's here is still decent. Pizza Hut is eundible.  Marco's kills it with the old world pepperoni. 

Dominos death disks were horrible, unless it was 2:00am after the party was shut down by the cops.  

It was cheap and they delivered.  It was pretty good though the next morning cold for breakfast after being left out on the coffee table all night.  

• Oh Yeah! 1
37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Dominos death disks were horrible, unless it was 2:00am after the party was shut down by the cops.  

It was cheap and they delivered.  It was pretty good though the next morning cold for breakfast after being left out on the coffee table all night.  

Dominos has made a total 180 from the death disk days (I remember them as well...well I kinda remember them haha).  While it's still chain pizza and needs to be evaluated accordingly, Dominos in a pinch is not too shabby nowadays.  I think it's the 'best' of the Papa Johns/Pizza Hut like companies.

• TBH 1
14 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Dominos has made a total 180 from the death disk days (I remember them as well...well I kinda remember them haha).  While it's still chain pizza and needs to be evaluated accordingly, Dominos in a pinch is not too shabby nowadays.  I think it's the 'best' of the Papa Johns/Pizza Hut like companies.

I used to like papa John’s. I just haven’t had one in a very long time. 

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

Marco's old world pepperoni and italian sausage are on point. Although, Mama's and Oscar's are the best in Omaha. Coincidentally, they both put their toppings underneath the cheese.

HOT TAKE! Toppings under the cheese is the best!

On 12/29/2022 at 2:13 AM, THROW_DEM_BONES said:

Marco's old world pepperoni and italian sausage are on point. Although, Mama's and Oscar's are the best in Omaha. Coincidentally, they both put their toppings underneath the cheese.

HOT TAKE! Toppings under the cheese is the best!

This is correct.