What’s your (unpopular) Husker hot take?

On 1/10/2023 at 5:21 PM, Nebhawk said:

My hot take is rather simple and obvious:  SEC is going to keep dominating the college playoffs.  The other conferences are not even close to challenging right now.  Bama should have been one of the playoff teams this season.  They are better than most teams, even in losing 2 conference games this season by a slim margin. 

My preseason top 10:

1.  Georgia

2. Bama

3. Tennessee

4.  USC

5.  Clemson

6. Ohio ST

7.  Michigan

8  LSU

9.  NOtre Dame

10.  TCU

Expect a SEC team to win.  BAMA or Georgia, but don't sleep on LSU.

Nebraska not in your top 10:o

Ok you want a hot take, here's the truth.

It has been so long ago since we routinely played the former Big 8 / Big 12 teams that I have no hateful disdain for any of those teams.  

Even if this year we scheduled Oklahoma State, Kansas, Texas Tech as Non-Conf games for one season (insert any former conf team) it means no more to me than if we play anyone else.  

Now, if I was living in Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, I may feel different.  As a Texan, I don't have any hate towards UT or A&M or OU at all.  None.  Zero.

I actually watch their games if they are on and enjoy it.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, admo said:

Ok you want a hot take, here's the truth.

It has been so long ago since we routinely played the former Big 8 / Big 12 teams that I have no hateful disdain for any of those teams.  

Even if this year we scheduled Oklahoma State, Kansas, Texas Tech as Non-Conf games for one season (insert any former conf team) it means no more to me than if we play anyone else.  

Now, if I was living in Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, I may feel different.  As a Texan, I don't have any hate towards UT or A&M or OU at all.  None.  Zero.

I actually watch their games if they are on and enjoy it.  

I live in Colorado and couldn't care less about the Buffs. None of them care at all save the day we play them either.  Now ask me about the Raiders though...:lol:

36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I just can not relate to this thought process.  Have you considered seeking help?

I know, it’s truly an unpopular opinion. And for the record, I hope and pray for their demise like any Husker fan. The hate runs deep. 

35 minutes ago, Ulty said:

I also find myself rooting for CU...

...to lose every fu#king game in every fu#king sport no matter who the fu#k those fu#kers play against. But Boulder is  otherwise fun to visit. 

I think that’s the main part of it, I’ve always enjoyed Boulder and Colorado in general. 

On 3/10/2023 at 7:11 AM, Fru said:

I know, it’s truly an unpopular opinion. And for the record, I hope and pray for their demise like any Husker fan. The hate runs deep. 

I think that’s the main part of it, I’ve always enjoyed Boulder and Colorado in general. 

I have enjoyed living in the Boulder area for a decade, it's beautiful.  There are good people here (as can be found everywhere) despite what people like to say.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, runningblind said:

I have enjoyed living in the Boulder are for a decade, it's beautiful.  There are good people here (as can be found everywhere) despite what people like to say.

I can't afford to live in Boulder, but I work there and like to think I'm a pretty good person. :)

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don’t understand the concept of a “second team” to root for. That’s just silly. 

Eh, I don't think it's all that silly.  I don't see why you can't be interested in more than one team.  

I'll root for the Huskers in whatever game they play.  But I have other teams that I also like.  Especially in college basketball because it's fun to actually have someone to cheer for in March.  I don't follow anyone else nearly as closely as the Huskers but I definitely have a couple other teams that I root for, as long as they're not playing Nebraska.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 2
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Eh, I don't think it's all that silly.  I don't see why you can't be interested in more than one team.  

I'll root for the Huskers in whatever game they play.  But I have other teams that I also like.  Especially in college basketball because it's fun to actually have someone to cheer for in March.  I don't follow anyone else nearly as closely as the Huskers but I definitely have a couple other teams that I root for, as long as they're not playing Nebraska.

College basketball is different, because NU has traditionally sucked. I was referring to college football. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Mavric said:

I agree.  And I think you chose a great word (having interest).  I have a lot of interest in other teams (football season, and hoops too) when the Huskers are not playing.  Total respect on that.