What’s your (unpopular) Husker hot take?

21 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I think it's going to be 2-3 wins this year, so 4-5 sounds pretty optimistic.

This is where I’m at too. The NU Ministry of Propaganda tweets out a bunch of well edited hype videos and everyone starts taking the bait again.

Rhule and Co have done some nice things thus far, but we’ve all been down this road too many times. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, Fru said:

This is where I’m at too. The NU Ministry of Propaganda tweets out a bunch of well edited hype videos and everyone starts taking the bait again.

Rhule and Co have done some nice things thus far, but we’ve all been down this road too many times. 

How does this make any sense ?  How does taking over a 4-win team and doing some nice thing with it equate to 2-3 wins?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1

3 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Undisciplined No culture program has won 4 games the last few years.

This is not Temple or Baylor (post scandal).

Bowl eligibility has to be a reasonable expectation.

I agree.  After what we found out about Frost and what we now know about Rhule - I have no doubts  (ok very few - Probably NO DOUBTS after Frank is honored at the Spring game and the curse is removed)  we'll be going bowling.   Change of attitude alone should win a couple of games.   Improved coaching, hopefully better O-line play can get us the rest of the way to a bowl game.  7 wins is my minimum. 

We win the first 4, lose to Michigan, Ill. & Purdue,   Beat NW and MSU.  - 6-3 after 9 games.    Win 2 of the last 3         9-4  best case scenario.   Let the :koolaid2: flow. 

Worst case scenario - we lose 2 of the last 3.  7-6  ;)

Throw in another loss to either Mini or MSU  My "upset we didn't do better:bang but glad we got to a bowl :snacks:" worst case scenario.   6-6 

Another losing season:  :frenchy

• Oh Yeah! 2
23 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Kind of where I'm at too.

N. Ill

La. Tech

NW

Purdue and/or Maryland

Anything beyond that will be shocking. And I'm none too confident in any of the B1G games for wins. Expect them to start 2-4.

Even if you believe Deion is a better coach than Rhule, do you believe he's that much better? Colorado was much, much worse than anything we've put on the field in recent memory and that's saying something. He brought in a lot of talent, but Nebraska winning that game would not be shocking. There are no guaranteed wins at this point, but Colorado has to be in the possible wins category.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Even if you believe Deion is a better coach than Rhule, do you believe he's that much better? Colorado was much, much worse than anything we've put on the field in recent memory and that's saying something. He brought in a lot of talent, but Nebraska winning that game would not be shocking. There are no guaranteed wins at this point, but Colorado has to be in the possible wins category.

We lost to a team last year that had only 1 win and that was against us.

• Plus1 1