Made up your mind or waiting to see?

Hilltop

Have you already made up your mind?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Ulty said:

I've made up my mind that we need more new threads speculating on Frost's future, let's keep cranking these suckers out.

I know, there have been a lot but it's been either one or the other.  I am curious to see really where people stand.  Plenty are complaining but I believe the reality is most would want the staff back for another year if we can finish strong.  

I’m in the evaluate at the end of season camp. If they can perform solidly the rest of the way, win 3 or 4 and no signs of the team quitting, then I can see another year. Win 2 and it gets more dicey, highly dependent on how the 2 losses occur. Win only 1 or 0 and it becomes pretty tough to make a case for keeping them.

I am not anxious to see another staff change. If there are glimmers of hope and a basis for future improvement, my preference would be to stick. I’ve seen many things improve this year but they are meaningless if they can’t figure out how to flip these close losses to wins and if they can’t start crushing lesser opponents. The Illinois and Minny games may prove to be the lynch pins.

• Plus1 5

Without looking at the season as a whole it's tough for me at least.  Our schedule is brutal.  The offense is better but of course we still suck eggs when it comes to scoring in the red zone which is kinda important.  The improvement on offense which we needed so badly is there but the development of our quarterbacks seemingly, the ridiculousness of the running back depth chart and lack of development on the offensive line well those are all huge.  While the play calling has improved some from the abundance of swing passes the last few seasons for example to me it's still not up to par.  

Leave it up to Nebraska to have such an offset of good and bad things still occurring.  Key word being still.  SF will def be back next season.

I want to see how we finish the season.  SF and this program needed the 2022 schedule this year I can tell you that much.

• Plus1 2

Always interesting to me to see how positive or negative people see the board as. I probably lean a little too optimistic, I stopped posting on 247 because that board is pretty overwhelmingly negative these days and I actually do feel a couple posts go as far as rooting for Frost to fail. I personally don’t think this board gets anywhere close to that and I think the poll shows you that. 

There’s a few people who go above and beyond with the positive spin and they all kinda blend together these days but overall, I think this board is pretty reasonable given how message boards usually are. Just my opinion though and I could be completely off base.

• Plus1 3

I'm projecting what I think will happen in the next four games.  I'm sorry, I've become a Debbie Downer and voted for the 1st option.  I do acknowledge there has been progress made but this is year 4 and I don't see more than one more win in the forecast.  I was a Frost believer until the Illinois game this year.  I then got the courage to drink some kool aid after Michigan and now I'm only on sour lemon aide.   I really do hope Frost proves me wrong - I'd love to see the turn around but the realist part of me say it ain't going to happen. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Always interesting to me to see how positive or negative people see the board as. I probably lean a little too optimistic, I stopped posting on 247 because that board is pretty overwhelmingly negative these days and I actually do feel a couple posts go as far as rooting for Frost to fail. I personally don’t think this board gets anywhere close to that and I think the poll shows you that. 

There’s a few people who go above and beyond with the positive spin and they all kinda blend together these days but overall, I think this board is pretty reasonable given how message boards usually are. Just my opinion though and I could be completely off base.

I would agree.  There really have been 2-3 people pushing the majority of the negative stuff over the past 10 days.  This poll shows what I thought was the case- most still want to see Frost succeed here.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I'm projecting what I think will happen in the next four games.  I'm sorry, I've become a Debbie Downer and voted for the 1st option.  I do acknowledge there has been progress made but this is year 4 and I don't see more than one more win in the forecast.  I was a Frost believer until the Illinois game this year.  I then got the courage to drink some kool aid after Michigan and now I'm only on sour lemon aide.   I really do hope Frost proves me wrong - I'd love to see the turn around but the realist part of me say it ain't going to happen. 

So really you are on option #2 but voted #1 because you don't think it will happen?