Made up your mind or waiting to see?

Hilltop

Have you already made up your mind?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Oh I completely agree. The issue isnt a player or 2. If that were the issue we wouldnt have our best season under Frost so far a 5-7 affair in year 2. Where we beat P5 giants Illinois, Northwestern and Maryland for our only P5 wins. 

The real problem is if we hit the reset button again, it's just more years of crap while they try to get it together, and we have no idea who would even end up in Lincoln after then next coaching carousel. I doubt Chadwell even glances in our direction. It's sad to say, but keeping Frost is really our best option at this point.

• Plus1 3

5 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

The real problem is if we hit the reset button again, it's just more years of crap while they try to get it together, and we have no idea who would even end up in Lincoln after then next coaching carousel. I doubt Chadwell even glances in our direction. It's sad to say, but keeping Frost is really our best option at this point.

Keeping one the worst statistical coaches that has coached 40 games at his current place of employment is the best we can do? You really think the BEST coach we can get cant win 40% of his games? 

• Plus1 4
On 10/28/2021 at 8:58 AM, Hilltop said:

I get the impression a lot of people have made up their mind already.  I personally think Scott & staff should be given another year if they can finish the season strong.  

define, strong?  1-3?

and why are we with our back against the wall, again?

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Keeping one the worst statistical coaches that has coached 40 games at his current place of employment is the best we can do? You really think the BEST coach we can get cant win 40% of his games? 

new facility coming up n the next few years, time to clean house.

most of Scott's coaches will land on the bench somewhere.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

If it comes to a change, I have no doubt we’d be able to get a good coach.  Good AD, money, fan support, top notch  facilities upgrades, weaker division of a prestigious conference…

Like everyone else, I’ve been marinating on the thought of firing/keeping Frost these past few weeks. Some days I say blow it up, some days I say keep him.

Ultimately, I keep coming back to the question, “Are the shortcomings of this staff so irredeemable, that blowing it up entirely is the only option?” At this moment, I can’t unequivocally say that it is. While the losses this season have been excruciatingly painful, they’re starkly different than the Callahan, Pelini and Riley losses where Neb was consistently getting outclassed. Blah blah blah moral victories. 

So I guess I’ve made up my mind that the only way to move forward with Frost is for staff adjustments. Michigan had an abysmal 2020, made several staff adjustments and it’s clearly paid dividends this year. It’s not crazy to think that a new OL coach and the addition of a full time Special Teams Coordinator would result in improved play and wins in 2022. At this point I’d rather try that and see what happens, than venture into the unknown, blow it up, start over, and watch another staff “install their system, get their guys, learn the B1G.”  

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Fru said:

Like everyone else, I’ve been marinating on the thought of firing/keeping Frost these past few weeks. Some days I say blow it up, some days I say keep him.

Ultimately, I keep coming back to the question, “Are the shortcomings of this staff so irredeemable, that blowing it up entirely is the only option?” At this moment, I can’t unequivocally say that it is. While the losses this season have been excruciatingly painful, they’re starkly different than the Callahan, Pelini and Riley losses where Neb was consistently getting outclassed. Blah blah blah moral victories. 

So I guess I’ve made up my mind that the only way to move forward with Frost is for staff adjustments. Michigan had an abysmal 2020, made several staff adjustments and it’s clearly paid dividends this year. It’s not crazy to think that a new OL coach and the addition of a full time Special Teams Coordinator would result in improved play and wins in 2022. At this point I’d rather try that and see what happens, than venture into the unknown, blow it up, start over, and watch another staff “install their system, get their guys, learn the B1G.”  

Do you see a lot of similarities in what Harbaugh did last year and what Frost should do this year? After 1 down year Harbaugh made several staff changes. Look at any of Jim's years in 4 year increments. I agree Scott needs to make changes in his staff. I would have argued he should have done that last year. If he makes it to a year 5, who is he going to find that wants to join his staff that is a proven commodity as a P5/NFL assistant? 

Harbaugh

2015 Michigan 10–3 6–2 3rd (East) W Citrus 11 12
2016 Michigan 10–3 7–2 3rd (East) L Orange 10 10
2017 Michigan 8–5 5–4 4th (East) L Outback    
2018 Michigan 10–3 8–1 T–1st (East)[180] L Peach 14 14
2019 Michigan 9–4 6–3 3rd (East) L Citrus 19 18
2020 Michigan 2–4 2–4 T–5th (East)      
2021 Michigan 7–0 4–0        
Michigan: 56–22 38–16

Frost

2018 Nebraska 4–8 3–6 T–5th (West)      
2019 Nebraska 5–7 3–6 T–5th (West)      
2020 Nebraska 3–5 3–5 5th (West)      
2021 Nebraska 3–5 1–4 (West)      
Nebraska: 15–25 10–21
  • Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Do you see a lot of similarities in what Harbaugh did last year and what Frost should do this year? After 1 down year Harbaugh made several staff changes. Look at any of Jim's years in 4 year increments. I agree Scott needs to make changes in his staff. I would have argued he should have done that last year. If he makes it to a year 5, who is he going to find that wants to join his staff that is a proven commodity as a P5/NFL assistant? 

Harbaugh

2015 Michigan 10–3 6–2 3rd (East) W Citrus 11 12
2016 Michigan 10–3 7–2 3rd (East) L Orange 10 10
2017 Michigan 8–5 5–4 4th (East) L Outback    
2018 Michigan 10–3 8–1 T–1st (East)[180] L Peach 14 14
2019 Michigan 9–4 6–3 3rd (East) L Citrus 19 18
2020 Michigan 2–4 2–4 T–5th (East)      
2021 Michigan 7–0 4–0        
Michigan: 56–22 38–16

Frost

2018 Nebraska 4–8 3–6 T–5th (West)      
2019 Nebraska 5–7 3–6 T–5th (West)      
2020 Nebraska 3–5 3–5 5th (West)      
2021 Nebraska 3–5 1–4 (West)      
Nebraska: 15–25 10–21

I hate comparisons with that goofy dude and/or the Michigan team in general.  They and he are not the goal.  They have won some games this year but anyone watching us play them this year for the first 58 minutes of the game could easily say we were the better team.  If our staff can figure out the weird mistakes, I believe we have a higher ceiling.  I don't see Michigan getting over the Ohio State hump under their current strategy.  

11 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I hate comparisons with that goofy dude and/or the Michigan team in general.  They and he are not the goal.  They have won some games this year but anyone watching us play them this year for the first 58 minutes of the game could easily say we were the better team.  If our staff can figure out the weird mistakes, I believe we have a higher ceiling.  I don't see Michigan getting over the Ohio State hump under their current strategy.  

Our currently strategy doesnt even get us over the bottom half of the B1G West. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheSker said:

It was.

It's not now.

But...but...if they're Super Seniors, it means Frost inherited them.

Ipso facto, the cupboard wasn't bare.  We also lost a few to the portal. 

If Frost has spent the last four years recruiting and developing at a higher level, then his own sophomores, juniors, and true seniors should be returning better results than the original bare cupboard years. Or his fired predecessor's, for that matter.  

Right? 

Again, love your brevity and optimism, but this is Season Four of you insisting Scott Frost is playing a long game of multi-dimensional chess, and I'm just not sure the evidence is there. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I was at that game and will have to disagree with this.  Michigan’s RBs,  O-line, and D line were clearly better than ours from my vantage point.  Otherwise I’d say we were fairly even.  I’d even say Michigan also edged us in overall speed/athleticism IMO too, but that’s difficult to say for certain.  I do agree that Harbaugh is a goofy D-bag, though.  

9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

But...but...if they're Super Seniors, it means Frost inherited them.

Ipso facto, the cupboard wasn't bare.  We also lost a few to the portal. 

If Frost has spent the last four years recruiting and developing at a higher level, then his own sophomores, juniors, and true seniors should be returning better results than the original bare cupboard years. Or his fired predecessor's, for that matter.  

Right? 

Again, love your brevity and optimism, but this is Season Four of you insisting Scott Frost is playing a long game of multi-dimensional chess, and I'm just not sure the evidence is there. 

I will keep this brief as well.

First, you've repeated some of your phrases numerous times....such as multi-dimensional chess.

It's your term, not mine.

A bare cupboard doesn't mean there are literally zero players that are Riley recruits that are key players now.

But not many.  I am happy for the few who are still around.

Some lost to the portal were intentional.

And I appreciate you reading my posts, but honestly I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

I like this team.....I like a lot of the talent in waiting.....and I believe this team is close.

The new AD has been very involved with Frost and the team.  He seems to like the trajectory..

Yes, I'm optimistic.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1