Made up your mind or waiting to see?

Hilltop

Have you already made up your mind?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, Jeremy said:

If Trev doesn't have Troy Calhoun, Jeff Monken, or Urban Meyer waiting in the wings, Frost stays. 

For what its worth, the girl in that infamous bar video earlier this month- her last name is Nebraska... 

https://www.awesemo.com/sideaction/urban-meyers-girl-at-bar-identified-as-ohio-state-alum-cayman-nebraska/

Coincidence? I think not.  Trev gonna sell our damn souls to get on that urban train and he's pulling out all the stops

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 minute ago, gossamorharpy said:

For what its worth, the girl in that infamous bar video earlier this month- her last name is Nebraska... 

https://www.awesemo.com/sideaction/urban-meyers-girl-at-bar-identified-as-ohio-state-alum-cayman-nebraska/

Coincidence? I think not.  Trev gonna sell our damn souls to get on that urban train and he's pulling out all the stops

There's no way her real name is Cayman Nebraska, right? Seems too stupid 

5 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

I think Trev was just lacking inspiration on her fake name.. Drew some funds out of our secret cayman island bank stash and figured why not call her Cayman Nebraska.  It's all coming together

:lol: Seems plausible 

Maybe she used the Ron Mexico name generator 

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Do you see a lot of similarities in what Harbaugh did last year and what Frost should do this year? After 1 down year Harbaugh made several staff changes. Look at any of Jim's years in 4 year increments. I agree Scott needs to make changes in his staff. I would have argued he should have done that last year. If he makes it to a year 5, who is he going to find that wants to join his staff that is a proven commodity as a P5/NFL assistant? 

Harbaugh

2015 Michigan 10–3 6–2 3rd (East) W Citrus 11 12
2016 Michigan 10–3 7–2 3rd (East) L Orange 10 10
2017 Michigan 8–5 5–4 4th (East) L Outback    
2018 Michigan 10–3 8–1 T–1st (East)[180] L Peach 14 14
2019 Michigan 9–4 6–3 3rd (East) L Citrus 19 18
2020 Michigan 2–4 2–4 T–5th (East)      
2021 Michigan 7–0 4–0        
Michigan: 56–22 38–16

Frost

2018 Nebraska 4–8 3–6 T–5th (West)      
2019 Nebraska 5–7 3–6 T–5th (West)      
2020 Nebraska 3–5 3–5 5th (West)      
2021 Nebraska 3–5 1–4 (West)      
Nebraska: 15–25 10–21

It’s definitely not an apples to apples comparison. My broader point is adjusting a handful of staff members can have a positive impact, and at the moment I would prefer trying to do that instead of blowing it up. 

10 minutes ago, Fru said:

It’s definitely not an apples to apples comparison. My broader point is adjusting a handful of staff members can have a positive impact, and at the moment I would prefer trying to do that instead of blowing it up. 

My biggest issue is that I cannot actually pinpoint the actual problem. Whatever the problem is it appears to be one that has lasted all of the time Frost has been here. Is it recruiting? Is it scheme? Is it development? Which is what makes all of this so frustrating. 

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Do you see a lot of similarities in what Harbaugh did last year and what Frost should do this year? After 1 down year Harbaugh made several staff changes. Look at any of Jim's years in 4 year increments. I agree Scott needs to make changes in his staff. I would have argued he should have done that last year. If he makes it to a year 5, who is he going to find that wants to join his staff that is a proven commodity as a P5/NFL assistant? 

Harbaugh

2015 Michigan 10–3 6–2 3rd (East) W Citrus 11 12
2016 Michigan 10–3 7–2 3rd (East) L Orange 10 10
2017 Michigan 8–5 5–4 4th (East) L Outback    
2018 Michigan 10–3 8–1 T–1st (East)[180] L Peach 14 14
2019 Michigan 9–4 6–3 3rd (East) L Citrus 19 18
2020 Michigan 2–4 2–4 T–5th (East)      
2021 Michigan 7–0 4–0        
Michigan: 56–22 38–16

Frost

2018 Nebraska 4–8 3–6 T–5th (West)      
2019 Nebraska 5–7 3–6 T–5th (West)      
2020 Nebraska 3–5 3–5 5th (West)      
2021 Nebraska 3–5 1–4 (West)      
Nebraska: 15–25 10–21

If you think Husker fans are too impatient and demanding of their homegrown heroes, Jim Harbaugh turned the Michigan program around in his first year and has kept them nationally ranked and relevant for most of his tenure. And a lot of Michigan fans want him fired strictly for his inability to beat Ohio State. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you think Husker fans are too impatient and demanding of their homegrown heroes, Jim Harbaugh turned the Michigan program around in his first year and has kept them nationally ranked and relevant for most of his tenure. And a lot of Michigan fans want him fired strictly for his inability to beat Ohio State. 

I wonder how many years they would have given Jim if he started out with the same record as Frost...

• Plus1 2
On 10/28/2021 at 8:21 AM, Caliborn72 said:

Always interesting to me to see how positive or negative people see the board as. I probably lean a little too optimistic, I stopped posting on 247 because that board is pretty overwhelmingly negative these days and I actually do feel a couple posts go as far as rooting for Frost to fail. I personally don’t think this board gets anywhere close to that and I think the poll shows you that. 

There’s a few people who go above and beyond with the positive spin and they all kinda blend together these days but overall, I think this board is pretty reasonable given how message boards usually are. Just my opinion though and I could be completely off base.

I signed up for 247 a few years back and I’m thinking of canceling. The tone of that board is really bad and there are so many fans there who have their heads in the sand. And every thread ends in a fight. 

• Plus1 1

On 10/28/2021 at 10:06 AM, admo said:

Just going to point this out.

Huskers have 4 losses to teams with win % of (.931) - 27-2 combined record.
Huskers average margin of defeat to those teams is 5 points.

Illinois is a head scratcher.

In the next 4 games you expect the Huskers to grab 2-3 wins, for HCSF to keep his job?

The winning % of those opponents is (.714%) - 20-8 combined record. 

Two of those teams are ranked in the top 15.  One team just dropped out of top 25.  And one game is on the road at Wisconsin.

I know we want more wins and bowl games.  But this talk of firing HCSF?  Dang, some of yall are savages

I think the issue here is that it’s reasonable to expect Nebraska to be apart of that .931 if we were looking at another teams optics, by this point at least. We shouldn’t be looking at things as if we have the talent or history of a Purdue, Rutgers, Indiana, etc. At some point, you have to become the big bad wolf of the schedule with wins to show it. By year four, all we have proved is that we play great football for a quarter and a half. 

• Plus1 2
On 10/28/2021 at 12:47 PM, admo said:

Why would any good coach (OL, RB, OC) leave their current team to go to Nebraska, if they think this staff could be out of a job 12 months from now? 

Possibly higher pay, better players to work with, and a really good name on your resume. Unless the coach comes from a top ten program. Nebraska isn’t a dumpster fire on the field. They’re a really good team that cannot close games out. A 10 to 15 percent improvement on offense would put Nebraska in the top 10-20 easily. Our imperfections wouldn’t be so magnified if we could just punch it in once more a game. This staff is polarizing because despite of what I just said, these results might just be apart of their dna. I do think they need serious developers at RB and O-line. There’s too much talent there. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
7 hours ago, Jeremy said:

The real problem is if we hit the reset button again, it's just more years of crap while they try to get it together, and we have no idea who would even end up in Lincoln after then next coaching carousel. I doubt Chadwell even glances in our direction. It's sad to say, but keeping Frost is really our best option at this point.

Idk Jeremy, money talks man. Also, Trev is legit. Nebraska is in a much better position now than when Frost first got hired. 

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, Fru said:

Like everyone else, I’ve been marinating on the thought of firing/keeping Frost these past few weeks. Some days I say blow it up, some days I say keep him.

Ultimately, I keep coming back to the question, “Are the shortcomings of this staff so irredeemable, that blowing it up entirely is the only option?” At this moment, I can’t unequivocally say that it is. While the losses this season have been excruciatingly painful, they’re starkly different than the Callahan, Pelini and Riley losses where Neb was consistently getting outclassed. Blah blah blah moral victories. 

So I guess I’ve made up my mind that the only way to move forward with Frost is for staff adjustments. Michigan had an abysmal 2020, made several staff adjustments and it’s clearly paid dividends this year. It’s not crazy to think that a new OL coach and the addition of a full time Special Teams Coordinator would result in improved play and wins in 2022. At this point I’d rather try that and see what happens, than venture into the unknown, blow it up, start over, and watch another staff “install their system, get their guys, learn the B1G.”  

Hard to argue with you Fru.