Made up your mind or waiting to see?

Hilltop

Have you already made up your mind?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Husker03 said:

6-8 ypc and breakaway speed is a bit dreamy imo. That doesn't happen very often.

That's why it's called "rare" and "dreamy" and most build the OL.  If I would have said a RB that got you 4-5 yards and wasn't very fast ... would that be "rare"?  Sadly, we don't have that or won't use that ... whichever it is.

You don't find a LP or a AP every day ... it can be 1-2 a generation.  Thus, that's why the focus comes back to the OL play, right?

35 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

That's why it's called "rare" and "dreamy" and most build the OL.  If I would have said a RB that got you 4-5 yards and wasn't very fast ... would that be "rare"?  Sadly, we don't have that or won't use that ... whichever it is.

You don't find a LP or a AP every day ... it can be 1-2 a generation.  Thus, that's why the focus comes back to the OL play, right?

Sure. I mean. Obviously it takes both. And I believe we are working on building the O-Line. But even with a great o line, there aren’t many Ezekiel Elliotts or Derrick Henry’s out there, so if that is your goal for backs an NU, you aren’t going to be happy very often. But yes. Right now we don’t seem to be very strong in either department. 

3 minutes ago, FTW said:

I made up my mind in week zero. I don’t know why it’s taken the rest of this state to figure it out. Frost and his assistants are not power 5 level and it has shown for 4 years straight. You see what you get. We overpaid for an inexperienced staff. 

I agree.  Mic drop.  Mods lock the thread.  Just over their head.

54 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I'm still waiting on the apologists to rationalize keeping Frost when he's going to finish 3-9 and with the worst recruiting class in the B1G (and in modern Nebraska history).

There is no foundation here. He's put this program in the ground so far the next guy is going to spend half a decade fixing it.

We haven't hit bottom yet.......Wondering what the score will be the remaining 3 games.  If this is Frost's last season, I can see the remaining teams running up the score if possible....It will still be losses, but could get very ugly.  

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

We haven't hit bottom yet.......Wondering what the score will be the remaining 3 games.  If this is Frost's last season, I can see the remaining teams running up the score if possible....It will still be losses, but could get very ugly.  

Ohio St. will name the score as they need style points, that wont go into the one score column,

Wisconsin will probably come close to shutting us out with that defense they have.

Iowa will probably have an offensive breakout and score 14 points while holding us to 10.

this performance after a bye week was terrible and to me shows the team is not being coached.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Was ok with the hire, but I soured on Scott the moment he brought the whole JV staff with him.  Was willing to give it a chance, but definitely felt he wasn't setting himself up for success.  Soured a bunch more that first year, when after every game he threw his players under the bus.  Became indifferent when he himself coached exactly opposite to what he tried to preach with the no fear of failure crap as well as preaching accountability and and never holding himself, his staff or players accountable.  Not assessing his program from top to bottom in all phases of the game and making appropriate changes last year was the straw that pushed me to total conclusion that it was never gonna end well.  

The same warts have been there since Day 1(even back to the UCF days,  Undisciplined teams with penalties.  No adjustments.  Severe roster and personnel decisions.  We coud go on for days.  Wish no ill will on the guy, but the party is over and ya got to get the hell out of here

• Plus1 3
On 10/29/2021 at 10:35 AM, Fru said:

Like everyone else, I’ve been marinating on the thought of firing/keeping Frost these past few weeks. Some days I say blow it up, some days I say keep him.

Ultimately, I keep coming back to the question, “Are the shortcomings of this staff so irredeemable, that blowing it up entirely is the only option?” At this moment, I can’t unequivocally say that it is. While the losses this season have been excruciatingly painful, they’re starkly different than the Callahan, Pelini and Riley losses where Neb was consistently getting outclassed. Blah blah blah moral victories. 

So I guess I’ve made up my mind that the only way to move forward with Frost is for staff adjustments. Michigan had an abysmal 2020, made several staff adjustments and it’s clearly paid dividends this year. It’s not crazy to think that a new OL coach and the addition of a full time Special Teams Coordinator would result in improved play and wins in 2022. At this point I’d rather try that and see what happens, than venture into the unknown, blow it up, start over, and watch another staff “install their system, get their guys, learn the B1G.”  

Nevermind. Blow it up. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1