Made up your mind or waiting to see?

Hilltop

Have you already made up your mind?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's a pretty big spectrum. Everyone wants - or wanted - Frost to succeed. But the negative stuff isn't exactly trolling, either. Frost's comparison to his coaching peers is sobering, and the Hot Seat speculation comes with every HC job worth having. Nebraska fans, donors, and administrators are hardly alone in their concern. 

So my mind is made up and I'm waiting to see at the same time. 

Two wins and two hard fought losses and we have a template for moving forward.

Keep finding new ways to lose and I think we have a coaching staff that is letting the players down, not the other way around. 

But that's why they play the games. I'll be watching and rooting for the Huskers like always. 

I would agree.  Definitely not trolling but that dead horse is receiving one hell of a beating this bye week.  If we don't get to 6 wins, I'll offer a few kicks of my own.

5 minutes ago, TheSker said:

You can probably find a post or 10 on this site if you look back at how "meaningless" those 9 win seasons were......

oh I wasnt happy with the losses then. I am never happy with losses but I would gladly and would all of you s#!tty losses against the top 10 teams we have played this year in exchange for beating teams like Illinois, Minnesota etc. We are much more meaningless now than we have been since before Devaney. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Ulty said:

No it wasn't.

The Illinois game was the same $h!t we saw in the previous 3 seasons, and it is the same $h!t we have seen in the past two months. Sometimes these performances have been against top 10 teams, sometimes they have been against crap teams. But we always find new ways to make dumb mistakes and we never close the deal. We've lost more games in this exact manner than we have won in any manner. And every time we find ourselves in a "must win game" or "the most important game of Frost's career" or "chance to make a big statement," we fail. Every. Damn. Time. 

The Illinois game is not a head scratcher, it is the norm. In fact, the Illinois game is the quintessential Scott Frost coached game at Nebraska.

You beat me to a response as that too was my reaction to the post.  Those supporting this staff continue to treat these mounting losses as an aberration when in point of fact they are part of an established trend.

Illinois was not a head scratcher as we had an entire offseason to gameplan and prepare for what I described this Spring as a near "must win" for the staff.  Rare for an opening game, but it is proving to be true.

Similarly, Minnesota is in the same bucket.  For those that tout the near misses against Top Ten teams such as OU, MSU, and OU, as a sign of progress, there is a palpable silence when it comes to losing the winnable games that matter for bowl eligibility.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

oh I wasnt happy with the losses then. I am never happy with losses but I would gladly and would all of you s#!tty losses against the top 10 teams we have played this year in exchange for beating teams like Illinois, Minnesota etc. We are much more meaningless now than we have been since before Devaney. 

I think the only thing worse than being 3-5, are the people trying to convince me it's not bad. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I think the only thing worse than being 3-5, are the people trying to convince me it's not bad. 

Exactly, trying to compare a coach that has only beat 1 P5 team this year to Pelini who went to multiple conference championships always won 9 games etc. How many years did Bo only beat 1 P5 team after 8 games? 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Exactly, trying to compare a coach that has only beat 1 P5 team this year to Pelini who went to multiple conference championships always won 9 games etc. How many years did Bo only beat 1 P5 team after 8 games? 

You'll have to take the Pelini thing up with Perlman.

I was for keeping Pelini.

But many many downplayed the wins and focused on the blowouts.

Please look below and tell me which is the more meaningless in college football. Take any 2 of Bo's worst years and he won more or the same as Frost in both total wins as well as conference wins in 4 years. 

Bo Pelini

2008 Nebraska 9–4 5–3 T–1st (North) W Gator    
2009 Nebraska 10–4 6–2 1st (North) W Holiday 14 14
2010 Nebraska 10–4 6–2 T–1st (North) L Holiday 19 20
Nebraska Cornhuskers (Big Ten Conference) (2011–2014)
2011 Nebraska 9–4 5–3 3rd (Legends) L Capital One 24 24
2012 Nebraska 10–4 7–1 1st (Legends) L Capital One 23 25
2013 Nebraska 9–4 5–3 T–2nd (Legends) W Gator 25  
2014 Nebraska 9–3[n 2] 5–3 T–2nd (West) Holiday[n 2] 23 25
Nebraska: 67–27 39–17

Scott Frost

2018 Nebraska 4–8 3–6 T–5th (West)      
2019 Nebraska 5–7 3–6 T–5th (West)      
2020 Nebraska 3–5 3–5 5th (West)      
2021 Nebraska 3–5 1–4 (West)      
Nebraska: 15–25 10–21
4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Please look below and tell me which is the more meaningless in college football. Take any 2 of Bo's worst years and he won more or the same as Frost in both total wins as well as conference wins in 4 years. 

Bo Pelini

2008 Nebraska 9–4 5–3 T–1st (North) W Gator    
2009 Nebraska 10–4 6–2 1st (North) W Holiday 14 14
2010 Nebraska 10–4 6–2 T–1st (North) L Holiday 19 20
Nebraska Cornhuskers (Big Ten Conference) (2011–2014)
2011 Nebraska 9–4 5–3 3rd (Legends) L Capital One 24 24
2012 Nebraska 10–4 7–1 1st (Legends) L Capital One 23 25
2013 Nebraska 9–4 5–3 T–2nd (Legends) W Gator 25  
2014 Nebraska 9–3[n 2] 5–3 T–2nd (West) Holiday[n 2] 23 25
Nebraska: 67–27 39–17

Scott Frost

2018 Nebraska 4–8 3–6 T–5th (West)      
2019 Nebraska 5–7 3–6 T–5th (West)      
2020 Nebraska 3–5 3–5 5th (West)      
2021 Nebraska 3–5 1–4 (West)      
Nebraska: 15–25 10–21

I dont see moral victories factored in anywhere.

• Haha 2