Made up your mind or waiting to see?

Hilltop

Have you already made up your mind?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

You'll have to take the Pelini thing up with Perlman.

I was for keeping Pelini.

But many many downplayed the wins and focused on the blowouts.

Sker man, youve been downplaying just how terrible Frost has been for awhile now. We all want him to win. Seriously the easiest path forward is for Frost to just do the job he is extremely well paid to do. But you also have to call something a duck if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck and looks like a duck. I have said all along. PLEASE Frost make me eat crow. Win out/go 3-1 win a bowl game. Show us you have what it takes. I really hope he does, I would love nothing more to come on here on black friday and say hell yeah Scott, HB I was wrong, Frost has what it takes to get us to a level of competence. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I think the only thing worse than being 3-5, are the people trying to convince me it's not bad. 

I don't think ppl are trying to convince you 3-5 is not a bad record.  In fact, I think you've had a lot of reasonable input regarding Frost, and the 4 year record, etc.  But, people are different and see things differently with sports.  Doesn't mean someone is more right than another person.

• Plus1 1

1 more year to s#!t or get off the pot.  Nebraska gave frost, at the time, a top 15 budget to fill out his staff and he elected to bring on his buddies, the vast majority of which, if not all, were woefully under-qualified for the job. Give frosty a year to make appropriate changes to the staff fitting of the budget and resources at his disposal and if there is clear improvement, his leash gets a bit longer.

I don't have all of their resumes in front of me but for pretty much all of the staff this was the best position they've had and it wasn't even close.  That's egregious in my opinion- there is no rhyme or reason that could justify why a top 25 coaching job in college football has to settle for a staff that only has non P5 or worse experience.

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

I would agree.  Definitely not trolling but that dead horse is receiving one hell of a beating this bye week.  If we don't get to 6 wins, I'll offer a few kicks of my own.

Well let's be honest: if we DO get to 6 wins, it means we just notched three wins against ranked foes and/or major rivals, and will be heading to our first bowl game in years with momentum on our side. That's a no-brainer; the programs on an upswing.

So be ready for that not to happen because it looks unlikely at the moment. More likely is the muddle of moral victories that still count as losses, a straight up loss, and a feelgood win that doesn't settle anything. That's how we got to this place. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Sker man, youve been downplaying just how terrible Frost has been for awhile now. We all want him to win. Seriously the easiest path forward is for Frost to just do the job he is extremely well paid to do. But you also have to call something a duck if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck and looks like a duck. I have said all along. PLEASE Frost make me eat crow. Win out/go 3-1 win a bowl game. Show us you have what it takes. I really hope he does, I would love nothing more to come on here on black friday and say hell yeah Scott, HB I was wrong, Frost has what it takes to get us to a level of competence. 

The only thing I downplay is Frost getting fired.

• Plus1 1
Just now, TheSker said:

The only thing I downplay is Frost getting fired.

do you think he needs another year? Not do you think he gets one. If Frost goes 3-9 or 4-8 do you personally think he should be retained? In the end none of us have a say in his employment next season but we all have opinions just like we all have buttholes and they usually stink one in the same. However the beauty of message boards is we get to share our opinions with each other (I am sure a place exists where you can share the others with people too but I digress). What does TheSker think? Not what does TheSker think will happen. I honestly would love to know because I think it probably is aligned with what most of us are saying on both sides. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

do you think he needs another year? Not do you think he gets one. If Frost goes 3-9 or 4-8 do you personally think he should be retained? In the end none of us have a say in his employment next season but we all have opinions just like we all have buttholes and they usually stink one in the same. However the beauty of message boards is we get to share our opinions with each other (I am sure a place exists where you can share the others with people too but I digress). What does TheSker think? Not what does TheSker think will happen. I honestly would love to know because I think it probably is aligned with what most of us are saying on both sides. 

Yes I think he should be retained.

Get the right side of that line fixed.  Improve red zone efficiency alone and one score losses are wins.

• Oh Yeah! 1

2 minutes ago, admo said:

Why would any good coach (OL, RB, OC) leave their current team to go to Nebraska, if they think this staff could be out of a job 12 months from now? 

They justifiable should be out of a job this season.  So if they are not, why would this hypothetical position coach think next year is when they finally get the axe?

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I wish I had even an ounce of your optimism. 

More than that Hedley, I wish the solution was that simple.  Keep in mind that the situation is not static entering 2022, but rather a dynamic one.

The problems we are seeking to fix today may pale in comparison to the ones we are soon to face in 2022.  Namely attrition through graduation of "Super Seniors" on the defensive side of the ball.  Chins is a hero to the optimists today, and rightfully so, but will soon be a villain in 2022 as he will be the scapegoat when the team wins 4 or 5 games against a lesser schedule.  

Let's also save the discussion of 2021 termination until November, 2022.  

5 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

They justifiable should be out of a job this season.  So if they are not, why would this hypothetical position coach think next year is when they finally get the axe?

I don't think we understand each other.  Season ends, HCSF terminates a few coaches.  Great.  Let's find someone better, with more experience.  The heat is on frost to win next year or it's over.

I would imagine P5 coaching prospects would say his offer -  "no thanks, I'm not leaving my job for the risk of one and done season, because it's possible"