If you were Trev - Who Would you Choose -New Coach Poll

TGHusker

Which Coach should Trev pick to replace Scott Frost  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Trev is looking out for Trev, he will wait a year.  Trev's "clock" doesn't start until he fires Frost.

Give him another year, if he sucks again, boom.  You hire a new coach and now your clock as AD starts and you get another 800k or so.

If he gives him another year and Frost does well, the clock on TA as AD still doesn't start, so it is a win-win for Trev.

If Trev is really thinking about what is best for NU football, you cut Frost this season (maybe even before the end of the season so there is no lame "But we beat a lame a$$ Iowa team to finish with 5 wins" BS)

Resume wise:  Gus M is the only coach out there that has the resume.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

If Trev is looking out for Trev, he will wait a year.  Trev's "clock" doesn't start until he fires Frost.

Give him another year, if he sucks again, boom.  You hire a new coach and now your clock as AD starts and you get another 800k or so.

If he gives him another year and Frost does well, the clock on TA as AD still doesn't start, so it is a win-win for Trev.

If Trev is really thinking about what is best for NU football, you cut Frost this season (maybe even before the end of the season so there is no lame "But we beat a lame a$$ Iowa team to finish with 5 wins" BS)

Gus would be cool, Kiffen would be epic. Say what you will about the guy but he is a great coach and has Nebraska ties. 

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

I forgot to put Gus M on the list 

1 hour ago, man eating mastodon said:

Gus would be cool, Kiffen would be epic. Say what you will about the guy but he is a great coach and has Nebraska ties. 

99% of Husker fans could not handle Lane as a person.  Good lord, they could not handle Bo for being "mean", there is no way they could handle Lane for being "cool"

Just now, TGHusker said:

If he is a winner I think we’ll figure it out 

I would love him as a coach.

I think the biggest thing with Lane is that he would not apologize for trying to recruit kids to Lincoln.  He would embrace it.

Sadly there are soooo many dorky Husker fans that would s#!t on his visor and him not being married and him loving to f#&%.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I would love him as a coach.

I think the biggest thing with Lane is that he would not apologize for trying to recruit kids to Lincoln.  He would embrace it.

Sadly there are soooo many dorky Husker fans that would s#!t on his visor and him not being married and him loving to f#&%.

Lane was one of my 2 choices 

• Oh Yeah! 1
2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Talk about a dude who has failed up. Next you'll want Heupel

Yeah, I do get that.

But I think Lane can recruit and I think he wants to win.  Which means he wants to do everything he can to win, unlike Frost.  Would it work?  Well, I suppose stats/history say no, but it would be a fun ride!