If you were Trev - Who Would you Choose -New Coach Poll

TGHusker

Which Coach should Trev pick to replace Scott Frost  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Fixed it for you in original post. Fickell is the HC of Cincinnati which is currently ranked #2. He used to be an assistant at Ohio State.

i know who luke fickell is. if you're going to consider someone to be a "serious" candidate to replace frost you should be able to spell his name right.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Fixed it for you in original post. Fickell is the HC of Cincinnati which is currently ranked #2. He used to be an assistant at Ohio State.

Why would he leave for this job though? If he wants to coach at a Power 5 program he’ll wait for a better opportunity. 

1 hour ago, lo country said:

I'd add O'Brien and Napier as well.....I like your choices.   Solid choices.  Chadwell has built programs up at 3 different levels and places.  Lincoln is like NY to Conway, SC...Has evolved the spread and would work with our personnel.....  Get a solid DC and company in......But I am biased towards him.

I agree about OBrien and Napier as well. Just think what a competent coach could do wt these players. Frost has let them down.  

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

I agree about OBrien and Napier as well. Just think what a competent coach could do wt these players. Frost has let them down.  

No doubt.  Top 25 talent and nothing......I'm not saying winning the B1G Day 1 week 1, but I feel comfortable that we would beat those we are out recruiting (should) and would start competing in year 3 for the West once the new staff "figured" out the B1G.  Talent was never an issue IMHO.  Scheme, play calling, accountability, development were issues...

7 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Haha have you ever had a misspelling on here?  If that is all you have to talk about it is pretty weak. 

Winstrom

Peters

Tommy Frasier

Osbourne

Kaleb Lightborn/Liteborne

Then the old initial trick, Oz, Westy, RJ

The only the name you can spell (first name only) Teddy, Nick, 

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

O Brien has spent more time in the NFL and there is speculation he may want to end up back there.

That is what I like about OBrien- the relationship wt the NFL. 
It seems to me that wt Frost, Nebraska has brought a BB gun to the Battle of the Bulge. With Frost. I don’t hone if it is the Peter Principle at play or if he was just as deceived about his ability as the rest of us. I’m not aware of a bigger expectation gap between what was believed by a fan base and what was actually delivered on the field 

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

No doubt.  Top 25 talent and nothing......I'm not saying winning the B1G Day 1 week 1, but I feel comfortable that we would beat those we are out recruiting (should) and would start competing in year 3 for the West once the new staff "figured" out the B1G.  Talent was never an issue IMHO.  Scheme, play calling, accountability, development were issues...

Here is the new reality. We fans often talk about the teams we SHOULD beat. Well Nebraska has now become that team on every other Big 10 school’s schedule 

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Matt Campbell is 0-5 against Iowa. I suspect he would have a similar record against Wisconsin. Unless we recruit at top 15 levels I really don't think that style will work in the Big Ten West.

You know its bad when Scott f#&%ing Frost comes into this thread and starts picking his successor 

• Haha 1