What did we learn from the Purdue game

1 hour ago, gossamorharpy said:

Can we also end any and all hype for chinander, and more specifically, this weak AF secondary? A piss poor qb just went 34 of 45 on us today.  Can’t recall a more overrated positional group than our secondary and the supposed veteran talent we have. 3 yard soft cushion coverage every time all day

Thank you! I was ridiculed and berated for the past year for saying similar

So you're telling me there's chance? How about a 7-way tie in the West with conference records of 4-5.

Nov 5 - Neb over tOSU, MSU over Purdue, NW over Iowa, Noah Vedral over Wisky, Ill over Minny
Nov 12 - Iowa over Minny, NW over Wisky, tOSU over Purdue
Nov 19 - Neb over Wisky, Ill over Iowa, Ind over Minny, Purdue over NW
Nov 25-26 - Neb over Iowa, NW over Ill, Ind over Purdue, Wis over Minny

then I sobered up and realized it's unlikely we finish higher than 6th in the division.

Im commenting on the complete and utter implosion that is happening right now.  Twitter is just imploding with nebraska fire frost stuff,  the media is completely taking shots at frost.  The entire ground is imploding on this team and this university and frost.  None of this looks good for the university, the team whats leaft.  The rest of the year they will play like complete utter s#!t, worse that what they are doing now.  Its just a sad time to be a husker.  Worse than any time in the last 20 years.

• Plus1 1
Just now, HuskerTrucker said:

Adrian is not the same as he was his freshman year and needs to be benched.  He acts scared. 

Definitely. But that is an indictment in Frost and his staff as well. I don’t think Frost is as good as he was his first year either. Its like he had a rough season, lost his confidence, and it’s effected his coaching. Maybe that’s trickled down to Adrian. 

8 minutes ago, CheeseHusker said:

I've been hesistant to say the quarterback is the problem, but..... today, the quarterback was the problem.

It’s been a big problem for a few years.  You can’t overestimate the value of a consistent reliable QB.  NU hasn’t had that.  Why Frost doesn’t see this is beyond me.  

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Im commenting on the complete and utter implosion that is happening right now.  Twitter is just imploding with nebraska fire frost stuff,  the media is completely taking shots at frost.  The entire ground is imploding on this team and this university and frost.  None of this looks good for the university, the team whats leaft.  The rest of the year they will play like complete utter s#!t, worse that what they are doing now.  Its just a sad time to be a husker.  Worse than any time in the last 20 years.

Not sure about this. It hurt when we were good and got completely boat raced in big games, called pretenders, can’t win important games, Wisconsin would also drub us with our own prior style. Now nobody cares outside the state. We are irrelevant, rock f’n bottom. And this makes it way easier to just pull the plug and let someone else come in and take it to the level needed. Discipline, running the ball, and defense. That is the winning formula for us. I liked the Frost hire but he failed in these key phases. The next hire MUST build the brand back.

2 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Not sure about this. It hurt when we were good and got completely boat raced in big games, called pretenders, can’t win important games, Wisconsin would also drub us with our own prior style. Now nobody cares outside the state. We are irrelevant, rock f’n bottom. And this makes it way easier to just pull the plug and let someone else come in and take it to the level needed. Discipline, running the ball, and defense. That is the winning formula for us. I liked the Frost hire but he failed in these key phases. The next hire MUST build the brand back.

There is not one person who "knows" football that can think NU is headed in the right direction.  Or thinks Frost can turn this around.  Riley benches Rattler for a true freshman against Texas........We trot out an injured AM against Minnie.....

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, lo country said:

There is not one person who "knows" football that can think NU is headed in the right direction.  Or thinks Frost can turn this around.  Riley benches Rattler for a true freshman against Texas........We trot out an injured AM against Minnie.....

Next guy needs to run the ball and build on defense. But we lose a heck of a lot of seniors on defense. Damn we need to get some pieces out of the portal. Another area we have not done well in.

Scott sounded deflated in the after game interview, almost as though he's thinking his end is nearing.  

The biggest issues I have is the offensive line and that continuity with this offense is absent. It's a variety of things but mainly that. Martinez has been running for his life for most of four years. I think he's dealing with some physical and mental issues.

There's no nasty attitude with this team. It's like they think that chopping good firewood is easy. It's tough. I've heard enough "try". If the fire department is coming to save your home and rescue your loved ones, do you want them to TRY or have the fortitude that they WILL GET DONE. Plus, if the chief and the captains are saying TRY all the time how much confidence does that indicate their having in the individuals of their unit? The little things count.  

We WILL get it corrected transitions into WE ARE getting it correct to we HAVE IT CORRECTED. 

I said I could live with a 6-6 record, not 3-9 (Maybe it was 4-8) and that it'd probably be 5-7. It's looking 3-9 most likely.  It could get real ugly these remaining games. This was a real gut punch for the team. I'm not sure how much they have left in the tank. 

One can recognize the need for more passing and explosive plays but it's beyond me how the running game could be abandoned to the extent it was from the first to the second half. Again, continuity isn't there. Try this and try that. Always trying...

• Crusader Husker changed the title to What did we learn from the Purdue game