10/30 Poll: Should Frost be fired?

Kentmick

Should Frost be fired at the end of the season?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

That would be honorable. 

That's why I can see Scott doing it.  I think most would "forgive" him by going this route and not making Trev let him go and still collecting the $20mil.  A deal is a deal, but this place is special to him.  Why take all that money when he knows he hasn't held up his end of the bargain.  He doesn't like seeing what's going on either.  In the post-game presser when asked a question about fans, he responded with (I'm paraphrasing) his gratitude towards the fans and having the opportunity to coach at his alma mater.  I don't think he said "we're close" once.  I think he knows it may be time to get away from football and spend more time with his family.  But, this is pure speculation on my part.  I don't know anything.  Just trying to put myself in his shoes and mostly, I'm just disappointed that this is not working out.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

That's why I can see Scott doing it.  I think most would "forgive" him by going this route and not making Trev let him go and still collecting the $20mil.  A deal is a deal, but this place is special to him.  Why take all that money when he knows he hasn't held up his end of the bargain.  He doesn't like seeing what's going on either.  In the post-game presser when asked a question about fans, he responded with (I'm paraphrasing) his gratitude towards the fans and having the opportunity to coach at his alma mater.  I don't think he said "we're close" once.  I think he knows it may be time to get away from football and spend more time with his family.  But, this is pure speculation on my part.  I don't know anything.  Just trying to put myself in his shoes and mostly, I'm just disappointed that this is not working out.

I don’t think he’s honorable. I think he’s stubborn. I think IF he were to resign, it would be to truly ride his ego out the door. He met a match coaching in B10 and the conference won. 

one or two freakin tweaks here or there and were singing a different tune. 

And I hate it when you all bag on Martinez. He’s a confused as we are. After 4 freaking years a pattern has emerged.  When bad Martinez comes out, you know it’s not going to get better. He’s not good desperate, but he can also be a wizard. What’s wrong with hitting the reset button and playing a back up for a few series? 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Keep Frost, but cull underperforming assistants (like Verduzco) and bring in experienced B1G coaching talent. Also encourage Martinez to transfer and get someone experienced in the portal (or from Juco) to be QB1 if Smothers isn’t up to snuff…

Nah. The 35 million dollar man should not be micro managed. He picked them. He’s responsible for them. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Keep Frost, but cull underperforming assistants (like Verduzco) and bring in experienced B1G coaching talent. Also encourage Martinez to transfer and get someone experienced in the portal (or from Juco) to be QB1 if Smothers isn’t up to snuff…

Let's say he gets the Solich offer and can convince quality guys to come here, who do we get by position?

I OC/QB (sole control) Tom Herman-knows the B1G, was at OSU, wining record as a HC, can do QB's -OR-

Jamey Chadwell- Innovative scheme. W have the players that would excel in the system.  Relational.  Would make football "fun at "NU"

OL-Ed Wariner- Resume to lengthy to list.  Been around good programs.  Hard nose

RB-Ron Brown  Never had an under performing RB.  All ran hard and "next man up" wasn't just a slogan.

ST/Safeties- Bill Busch.  Great recruiter, under Cally the ST's and DB's played very well.  He is already "here"

OLB-Mike Eckler- Now at UT. Also did ST's....Coached Lavonte David....Nebraska's D's were solid....

Verduzco, Held, Austin, Dawson, would be gone.

Fisher to coach DB's

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

I don’t think he gets fired. I think he resigns.  

That would take a lot of courage to admit that things aren't going they way he'd hoped and Nebraska deserves better, and I think the fan base would respect him for it... but I don't think he'll do it.

1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I’ll give Frost one more shot.  Regardless of how season ends.

If he goes and gets Rattler I’ll give him another year.  Otherwise pack your bags brother.

LOL Rattler isn't coming to this dumpster fire :lol:

20 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

What coaches are gonna want to come here with a head coach who's seat is white-hot? 

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That would take a lot of courage to admit that things aren't going they way he'd hoped and Nebraska deserves better, and I think the fan base would respect him for it... but I don't think he'll do it.

LOL Rattler isn't coming to this dumpster fire :lol:

A decent WB is licking their chops if they see what is going on in Lincoln.  The opportunity to be a god by just making plays.