Husker since birth

Timmy617
Message added by Enhance,

This didn't need its own thread.

Why is Martinez our quarterback...How, after 4 years of HORRIBLE decision making can this guy still be our "best choice" for the position? What is his winning percentage? How many turnovers is he personally responsible for? I for one am grateful that he is gone after this year...NOBODY could do a worse job...NOBODY...

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Timmy617 said:

Why is Martinez our quarterback...How, after 4 years of HORRIBLE decision making can this guy still be our "best choice" for the position? What is his winning percentage? How many turnovers is he personally responsible for? I for one am grateful that he is gone after this year...NOBODY could do a worse job...NOBODY...

No one told him that technically Martinez could come back next year?

14 hours ago, Timmy617 said:

who says he is gone..??

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Luke McCaffrey was given a shot last year and didn't look much different than Martinez on the whole. It's almost like the coaching sucks or something.

So apparently he's had terrible coaching at Rice too?  Even as much as I question Verduzco even he blatantly said before the season started multiple times in front of the camera's/media that  Martinez needs to just 'not turn the damn ball over'.  It's as simple as that.  When your head coach vehemently refuses to bench Martinez even saying as much AFTER the Purdue game what in the heck are you supposed to do team wise????????   How many competent head coaches out there stick with a guy who's playing like that but who also has a history of playing like that?????????

What I also find maddening regarding our ever mystifying personnel decisions is that when you have a QB who is hurt (Minnesota) and who turns the ball over for even say the 3rd time in a game (eventually ending up with 4) that you don't put in your backup (Smothers) who honestly despite only having limited playing time this year has looked fine actually with the time he's been given.  Do you as a coach you apparently have ZERO confidence in the guy you recruited and have listed as your # 2 quarterback???????????

Now even if let's say we did start Smothers at this point look how far behind the 8 ball you've already put him and the team as well now.  You've given him basically no real time development wise and are now throwing him out there with a crappy pass pro offensive line, shaky offensive coordinating and now are asking him to go out and beat Ohio State, Wisconsin and Iowa... 

Frost has more than tied his wagon to Martinez.  He's oblivious to what it's causing his program but that's just half of the problem with this team and his teams in general.  Like he's waiting for this miracle to happen that everyone can blatantly see isn't happening.  Read your team dude.  Read your team.... 

10 hours ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Luke McCaffrey was given a shot last year and didn't look much different than Martinez on the whole. It's almost like the coaching sucks or something.

Luke had very few offers to play QB. AM goes in the portal and it will be the same.  Have to wonder how everything would have looked if AM stayed with Tennessee and Frost got a different QB in the following cycle

57 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

So apparently he's had terrible coaching at Rice too?  Even as much as I question Verduzco even he blatantly said before the season started multiple times in front of the camera's/media that  Martinez needs to just 'not turn the damn ball over'.  It's as simple as that.  When your head coach vehemently refuses to bench Martinez even saying as much AFTER the Purdue game what in the heck are you supposed to do team wise????????   How many competent head coaches out there stick with a guy who's playing like that but who also has a history of playing like that?????????

What I also find maddening regarding our ever mystifying personnel decisions is that when you have a QB who is hurt (Minnesota) and who turns the ball over for even say the 3rd time in a game (eventually ending up with 4) that you don't put in your backup (Smothers) who honestly despite only having limited playing time this year has looked fine actually with the time he's been given.  Do you as a coach you apparently have ZERO confidence in the guy you recruited and have listed as your # 2 quarterback???????????

Now even if let's say we did start Smothers at this point look how far behind the 8 ball you've already put him and the team as well now.  You've given him basically no real time development wise and are now throwing him out there with a crappy pass pro offensive line, shaky offensive coordinating and now are asking him to go out and beat Ohio State, Wisconsin and Iowa... 

Frost has more than tied his wagon to Martinez.  He's oblivious to what it's causing his program but that's just half of the problem with this team and his teams in general.  Like he's waiting for this miracle to happen that everyone can blatantly see isn't happening.  Read your team dude.  Read your team.... 

I chalk recruiting a WR/RB up to a coaching mistake.

3 hours ago, M.A. said:

Me too. When the lights went on, I was screaming again and again and again over GO BIG RED!!!

I was mumbling something like that.  Right away I was already proud of Ernie Bearg.  But he left and was replaced by that Bible guy.

• Plus1 1