How the team responds the next 3 games will likely decide Frost's future.

BoSolich

10 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree as fans would expect any coach with 4 losing seasons should be under close scrutiny by the administration.  Scott should not get a pass just because he is a former player.

Living in Okla, I remember the John Blake years at OU.  Former player, recruited well but could not win games.  He was gone after 3 years and Bingo- enter stage right - Bob Stoops.  Good programs aren't afraid of cutting loose of mistakes for the good of the program.  They make the hard decisions - this year several programs have done so already:  USC, TT, Wash, TCU, to name a few.   I'd be ok if the administration acted quickly if we get blown out by OSU.  Make Chin interim HC and announce to the world, recruits and potential coaches that we are setting ourselves on a new path of success. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

So, we are expecting the team to save Frost’s job. The team needs a game plan. If Frost and his coaches cannot come up with a game plan for their team to execute, no one will be saving anyone. This is the same team that rejected a bowl invitation last year. That was the beginning of the end in my opinion. Coaches who realize that their teams need all the practice they can get do not reject bowl games. Ironically, Frost is under investigation for practice violations. If you know your team needs more practice then take advantage of a bowl game instead of committing violations and bringing unnecessary attention to an already struggling team. That, in itself, tells you that Frost cannot make sound decisions. This also manifests itself week in week out on the field when he gets out coached by opposing Big coaches. At this point, I am not very positive that the team has what it takes to pull a miracle. It feels like the body (i.e., team) may want but the mind (i.e., Frost) has no idea of how.

Turning down the bowl game bothered me as well.  I honestly think it was done in an attempt to keep Robinson...then he left anyways.  

9 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

So, we are expecting the team to save Frost’s job. The team needs a game plan. If Frost and his coaches cannot come up with a game plan for their team to execute, no one will be saving anyone. This is the same team that rejected a bowl invitation last year. That was the beginning of the end in my opinion. Coaches who realize that their teams need all the practice they can get do not reject bowl games. Ironically, Frost is under investigation for practice violations. If you know your team needs more practice then take advantage of a bowl game instead of committing violations and bringing unnecessary attention to an already struggling team. That, in itself, tells you that Frost cannot make sound decisions. This also manifests itself week in week out on the field when he gets out coached by opposing Big coaches. At this point, I am not very positive that the team has what it takes to pull a miracle. It feels like the body (i.e., team) may want but the mind (i.e., Frost) has no idea of how.

The practice violations thing is a joke and everyone knows it. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I agree. But it is all leverage and building a case. I am sure it will be used as a negotiation tool if they choose to fire Frost to settle somewhere in the middle on the buyout.

Which is just ugly. I'd lose all respect for the administration if they pursued this route. Using a joke of a "investigation" to screw Frost out of his money is terrible business. You don't do that to one of your own. 

That said. I can't believe they would actually go that route. Weren't there some minor infractions, text books or a free sandwich or something during Pelini's tenure? He also could have been dinged for insubordination at the end, and he still got his full payout. - I'm assuming if Frost were to be let go, he would too. 

13 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Which is just ugly. I'd lose all respect for the administration if they pursued this route. Using a joke of a "investigation" to screw Frost out of his money is terrible business. You don't do that to one of your own. 

That said. I can't believe they would actually go that route. Weren't there some minor infractions, text books or a free sandwich or something during Pelini's tenure? He also could have been dinged for insubordination at the end, and he still got his full payout. - I'm assuming if Frost were to be let go, he would too. 

I am not sure about Pelini. I personally feel like contracts should have performance clauses in them. Such as get to a bowl by year 2 and so forth. If a guy is not doing his job why shouldnt he be able to be fired? If an employee is doing bad at his job he can be fired without paying them 5 years of salary. Frost is either #1 or #2 in worst win percentage in program history I believe. How is that not a fireable offense. Why does he "deserve" $20 million. None of us know if Frost and his staff are putting in the time of hours and effort to making us a winner. Maybe he is and maybe he isnt. But what if he isnt- do you still think he deserves $20 million?

I am not sure about Pelini. I personally feel like contracts should have performance clauses in them. Such as get to a bowl by year 2 and so forth. If a guy is not doing his job why shouldnt he be able to be fired? If an employee is doing bad at his job he can be fired without paying them 5 years of salary. Frost is either #1 or #2 in worst win percentage in program history I believe. How is that not a fireable offense. Why does he "deserve" $20 million 

It's the contract that was signed and the conditions upon which he accepted the position. Some folks feel like you should honor your word yet, not try to weasel your way out of your commitments. 

- I can hear your response already- Scott promised us wins. No- he agreed to become the head coach and do the best possible job he could in the position. He has. If that's deemed not good enough, it doesn't put him back on his word to become and perform in the role of head coach for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. 

29 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

It's the contract that was signed and the conditions upon which he accepted the position. Some folks feel like you should honor your word yet, not try to weasel your way out of your commitments. 

- I can hear your response already- Scott promised us wins. No- he agreed to become the head coach and do the best possible job he could in the position. He has. If that's deemed not good enough, it doesn't put him back on his word to become and perform in the role of head coach for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. 

I am not going to debate every scenario where Frost failed at his job. The fact is he is not doing a good job. When you are bad at your job you may get fired. If you are dumb enough to actually break the rules and get caught then you open yourself up to getting fired with cause. Not saying they will do that. But he was hired to win games and bring us back and if they have a case that he violated the conditions of the contract that he signed upon accepting the position then shame on him.

PS you are not going to hear about that if it happens. For the good of the university and Frost it will be presented that they reached a mutual agreement on a reduced buyout for the good of the program. Like how "Moos Retired" 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I am not going to debate every scenario where Frost failed at his job. The fact is he is not doing a good job. When you are bad at your job you may get fired. If you are dumb enough to actually break the rules and get caught then you open yourself up to getting fired with cause. Not saying they will do that. But he was hired to win games and bring us back and if they have a case that he violated the conditions of the contract that he signed upon accepting the position then shame on him.

I don't disagree. But barring a clause that states if you do not win x many games you don't get your full payout, NU reneging on the terms of which Frost accepted the position. If they choose to use the supposed NCAA violations which all agree are fabricated and a joke to justify it. It will be a very poor look for the University. 

1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I don't disagree. But barring a clause that states if you do not win x many games you don't get your full payout, NU reneging on the terms of which Frost accepted the position. If they choose to use the supposed NCAA violations which all agree are fabricated and a joke to justify it. It will be a very poor look for the University. 

But they aren’t a joke and aren’t fabricated. NU admitted to them and are awaiting penalties. 

• Fire 2