How the team responds the next 3 games will likely decide Frost's future.

BoSolich

13 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

That speaks volumes. He wouldn’t risk his access if he didn’t see the writing on the wall. 

Yes, I was glad to see Sipple write this.  A lot of the media still seems to be in a frenzy to cover for frost. Kaczenski comes on morning break to scream about how we need to stay the course.  DP on old school seems to be implying that it's a player work ethic issue and that today's Husker players are all lazy and definitely not like they used to be :rolleyes:.  Other media personalities keep referring to how deep the rebuild must have been and extend the time frame, implying that the first two, then three, years shouldn't even count.

All of this is garbage, of course.  Not sure what's going on with Kaz, I'd prefer that the show just not bring him on any more.  The idea that Nebraska's top 25 group of kids is uniquely lazy, uncoachable and unwilling to take their seat at the table is especially dumb.  Other coaches get more with less routinely while we get less with more.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

100%. Sip can be thought of at as an extension of the athletic department, for the most part.

If he's finally churning out critical articles it means the end is nigh.

i wonder if Frost knows that yesterday was kind of the last nail in the coffin type of loss.

while Trev has been supportive in his comments, we don't know what has been said in their meetings.

he could have pulled an Osborne and said that at 6-6 he could convince bringing people back but with changes, losing record is a no go.

The problem is that we still have many koolaid drinkers that will jump on the wagon if we keep the Ohio state game close. They are happy with moral victories. I do not mind moral victories if they lead to something tangible. In our cases, our moral victories led to losses to Minnie and Purdue. I look at Mel Tucker, he was able to turn things around quickly at MSU and they beat their instate rival twice. He is competing for the playoffs in his second year. He has less talent on his team than us yet he and his coaches are able to coach these players and get them to compete on the field. Our issue is not our players but the way they are coached. If you recruit your own players and then you claim they are uncoachable then that is still on the coaches. Time for excuses is long gone. Put out or get out. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BoNeyard said:

I’m sure we will lose the remaining 3 games by one possession and Martinez will be playing in all three. The same mistakes will be made and we all will be frustrated.

Yeah Frost has got to unhitch his wagon from Martinez going forward if he wants to survive especially if Martinez wants to return another year. Frost would definitely not survive another year of Martinez.

1 hour ago, huskerfan74 said:

The problem is that we still have many koolaid drinkers that will jump on the wagon if we keep the Ohio state game close. They are happy with moral victories. I do not mind moral victories if they lead to something tangible. In our cases, our moral victories led to losses to Minnie and Purdue. I look at Mel Tucker, he was able to turn things around quickly at MSU and they beat their instate rival twice. He is competing for the playoffs in his second year. He has less talent on his team than us yet he and his coaches are able to coach these players and get them to compete on the field. Our issue is not our players but the way they are coached. If you recruit your own players and then you claim they are uncoachable then that is still on the coaches. Time for excuses is long gone. Put out or get out. 

We needed to beat Minnesota and Purdue to substantiate the close Michigan teams losses.  We blew them.  Only a win against OSU has any credence now.  Close losses won't save anyone now.  If we win Minny and Purdue, lose a close one to OSU, and split Wisky Iowa...that would be okay.

We didn't and it isn't.

Interesting answers here/wording from the NU President.  This probably applies to assistants also.

“I don’t want to get too far ahead of our skis right now,” Carter said. “I don’t think it will be too, too far down the road that you’re going to know which direction the program is going to go.

“I can tell you this: No decision has been made.”

Asked if any decision on Frost would be up to Athletic Director Trev Alberts, Carter said, “We hired Trev as the athletic director. He’s a critical part of it. Ronnie (Green, chancellor) is in there. I’m in there. We’ll be part of it at the end of the day. Nothing gets done without some level of consensus.”

Carter added, “I’ve followed Scott for a long time, knew him when he was at UCF. I pull for him. I know Nebraskans love the guy. We just want to see Scott do well. That’s the bottom line.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Interesting answers here/wording from the NU President.  This probably applies to assistants also.

“I don’t want to get too far ahead of our skis right now,” Carter said. “I don’t think it will be too, too far down the road that you’re going to know which direction the program is going to go.

Asked if any decision on Frost would be up to Athletic Director Trev Alberts, Carter said, “We hired Trev as the athletic director. He’s a critical part of it. Ronnie (Green, chancellor) is in there. I’m in there. We’ll be part of it at the end of the day. Nothing gets done without some level of consensus.”

Carter added, “I’ve followed Scott for a long time, knew him when he was at UCF. I pull for him. I know Nebraskans love the guy. We just want to see Scott do well. That’s the bottom line.

The fact anything is being commented on publicly has to be bad. Letting everyone know it’s being considered. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

This pretty much is in line with what a lot of us have been speculating the past few weeks. These next 3 games will be make or break for year five for HCSF.

0-3 - Would not be good.

1-2 - On the fence. Play hard and keep the 2 losses close - OK. Fall apart with 2 bad losses - Hmm.

2-1 - Betting he'll be here next year.

3-0 - Woo Hoo, were going bowling finally.

2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Yeah that's administrative jargon for "we gon s#!tcan his a$$".

• Plus1 1

That wording definitely indicates conversations are being had, and some studies and reviews are being conducted. It also likely means the three of them are not all in agreement right now on what they should do. Get blown out against Ohio state with fans leaving early, and it’s over in the bye week. 

3 minutes ago, thatguy said:

That wording definitely indicates conversations are being had, and some studies and reviews are being conducted. It also likely means the three of them are not all in agreement right now on what they should do. Get blown out against Ohio state with fans leaving early, and it’s over in the bye week. 

A good level headed take.  I think letting fans and boosters know that there is an issue and options/solutions are being looked at.  Nothing definitive has been decided.  Maybe let's Frost and the team (recruits) there is support for this next game.

• Fire 1