How the team responds the next 3 games will likely decide Frost's future.

BoSolich

Win one of the three beating Iowa, possibly. If we've at least had some success to feed off of and don't endure huge blowouts prior. Otherwise, it could be a very rough ending.

My best guess is that Frost is retained unless Alberts has secured a top level alternative in advance. In another words, the "search" would've essentially been completed. He isn't going to take a whole lot of time to make the determination and is readying himself.  I'd say he's leaning no dismissal. 

Scott seems curiously comfortable and in good spirits this week for whatever reason(s). 

20 minutes ago, lo country said:

A good level headed take.  I think letting fans and boosters know that there is an issue and options/solutions are being looked at.  Nothing definitive has been decided.  Maybe let's Frost and the team (recruits) there is support for this next game.

I agree as fans would expect any coach with 4 losing seasons should be under close scrutiny by the administration.  Scott should not get a pass just because he is a former player. I do not like mid-season firings as it really leaves the current team hanging and may scare off prospective future coaches.  If Trev decides to get rid of Frost and handles the dismissal with class, that may actually be appealing to prospective coaches.

One thing I am starting to wonder is if Ted felt that Frost was not successful because Moos was not supportive enough which is why Moos suddenly disappeared.  Yet with Moos out of the picture and Alberts going overboard with his public support of the team, Frost is still struggling and maybe Ted is realizing that Moos was not really the issue.  Just some speculation but it's always interesting to understand why a new AD is brought in.

6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree as fans would expect any coach with 4 losing seasons should be under close scrutiny by the administration.  Scott should not get a pass just because he is a former player. I do not like mid-season firings as it really leaves the current team hanging and may scare off prospective future coaches.  If Trev decides to get rid of Frost and handles the dismissal with class, that may actually be appealing to prospective coaches.

One thing I am starting to wonder is if Ted felt that Frost was not successful because Moos was not supportive enough which is why Moos suddenly disappeared.  Yet with Moos out of the picture and Alberts going overboard with his public support of the team, Frost is still struggling and maybe Ted is realizing that Moos was not really the issue.  Just some speculation but it's always interesting to understand why a new AD is brought in.

I heard Moos didn't disappear because he wasn't supportive of Frost. There were other reasons that I was told that made him decide to "retire" so suddenly. 

At this point I'm just going to hope, yes I'm crazy, we win the last three games! 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Yup in 3 months the clouds have parted and all can see clearly now. A single change fixed all that was wrong and illuminated the real issue.... real world doesn't work like that.

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

IIRC, one of the first statements Trev made was that Frost was spending a lot of time doing non football stuff. Thought that odd as Trev didn't fire Moos but replaced him.  Maybe knew where the program actually was and what 2021 really would look like.  Threw that out there as a preemptive excuse...

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Maybe it’s cause he is in a win win situation. Keeps his job and he makes another $25 million the next 5 years. Or he gets fired and makes $20 million

7 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I heard Moos didn't disappear because he wasn't supportive of Frost. There were other reasons that I was told that made him decide to "retire" so suddenly. 

At this point I'm just going to hope, yes I'm crazy, we win the last three games! 

How much is it worth if I remove the curse? LOL

7 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

As crazy as Frost's tenure has been here, the desire for AM to have a redemption game and the anguish in JoJo's presser, it wouldn't surprise me at all.....I am sure neither Wisky, Iowa or OSU are concerned about us.  Maybe we actually go under center, run 12 as our base and use a 2 back set on some downs...

4 minutes ago, M.A. said:

How much is it worth if I remove the curse? LOL

Frank, as a diehard fan I am inviting you to run out on the field against OSU.....You can even call the first scripted series....Welcome home Frank, welcome home...And I might be the only fan saying this, but I loved JLo left and JLo right.  Tap of the helmet and he was off.  Classic.

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

There’s a better chance of me marrying Kate Beckinsale than of us winning the next 3 games 

• Haha 2

So, we are expecting the team to save Frost’s job. The team needs a game plan. If Frost and his coaches cannot come up with a game plan for their team to execute, no one will be saving anyone. This is the same team that rejected a bowl invitation last year. That was the beginning of the end in my opinion. Coaches who realize that their teams need all the practice they can get do not reject bowl games. Ironically, Frost is under investigation for practice violations. If you know your team needs more practice then take advantage of a bowl game instead of committing violations and bringing unnecessary attention to an already struggling team. That, in itself, tells you that Frost cannot make sound decisions. This also manifests itself week in week out on the field when he gets out coached by opposing Big coaches. At this point, I am not very positive that the team has what it takes to pull a miracle. It feels like the body (i.e., team) may want but the mind (i.e., Frost) has no idea of how.

10 hours ago, lo country said:

As crazy as Frost's tenure has been here, the desire for AM to have a redemption game and the anguish in JoJo's presser, it wouldn't surprise me at all.....I am sure neither Wisky, Iowa or OSU are concerned about us.  Maybe we actually go under center, run 12 as our base and use a 2 back set on some downs...

That's an idea......nah wait.   I just remembered who our coach is.

• Plus1 1