Frost just fired himself

Another classic game where the opponent did absolutely nothing special.  They just played their game and waited for NU to screw up. 

A couple of things stood out to me.  First, the pick 6 was bad enough - especially since he nearly had one on the first drive.  But the play before, we picked up a first down on a nice option play that was nullified by a holding call.    Instead of 1st down in Purdue territory, we are facing 2nd and 15.

The asinine desperation, shovel flip INT is arguably Martinez’s worst decision ever - in a career full of bad decisions.  Worse yet, it came right after a great punt and great stop to give NU great field position.  Instead, the field was flipped by Purdue and they seized control of the game.

I’ll add the missed opportunity at the end of the half to the list of mistakes.  A complete game-changer is missed.

And - what the hell was up with our pass coverage?  How many completions came without a defender anywhere near the receiver?  It was one uncontested catch after another.

It seems we are better off with just one week of poor coaching than 2….

• Thanks 3

The refrain I keep hearing from people who don't want to fire Frost is "who else are we gonna get".  I don't care, because Frost isn't the answer. Everyone thought Frost was the one who could save Nebraska football. Maybe it's Trev who could be the star alumni who could save Nebraska football. After all, Trev was a much better player at NU than Frost was, regardless of the 1997 season. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2

Frost is the worst coach in the modern era and if his name was not Frost, he would have been toast before the season started. 

Get rid of this coaching staff and let Adrian go with them. 

It is sad when Husker fans long for the days of mediocrity under Solich, Bo, and Riley. At least then we could go to bowl games. 

• Plus1 2

He's bringing in high level of recruits, but the coaches aren't getting the players to play better.

Some guys are getting better on their own, but I feel bad for any O-linemen who went to Nebraska expecting to be developed into great players, because Frost and his coaches aren't doing that.

There have to be a few guys questioning why they believed in Frost, and then after a loss like today he doesn't talk to them postgame.

Frost has no concept on how to lead kids in the year 2021.

• Fire 1

Gotta admit that was about the most cringe worthy press conference I've seen.  Mike Leach calling out his team as soft was close but it was hilarious and you knew at least he had some answers on how to fix things.  All Frost could come up with was "we have to play better" and that there is no way, no how he's considering a QB change.

• Fire 1