Frost just fired himself

There should be firings this weekend. I mean Colorado fired their offensive line coach this past week, so firing assistants mid season has been done.

With that said, Verdu should be out by tomorrow morning. In fact I’d rather see our special teams coach get a raise than see Verdu get anymore of Nebraska’s money.

24 minutes ago, FTW said:

I disagree I think the job opening at Nebraska should be made available immediately and get the ball rolling. Actually, from what I’ve heard I wouldn’t be surprised if some kind of announcement is made soon.

i agree that if you are going to pull the trigger pull it now. just think of the jobs that are going to be open in the off season- USC and LSU are the big ones now. then you have the domino affect and then the carousel really begins. i feel you need to get out in front of this potential situation.

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Next guy will look incredible if he just consistently makes bowl games. That part might be a blessing in the long run. 

I was thinking this tonight. When Callahan got here and at the time failed miserably, he was seen as a failure. But now if someone came in and produced the same type of seasons Callahan did, we’d be happy to have him.

2 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

If the next coach isn't immediately successful they'll say we should have kept frost and if he is they'll say it was because of frost and he should have been retained.

We were absolutely spoiled for decades. For the foreseeable future we are a 6-8 win program at best. It’ll take years of changing a culture to get back to hoping for 9-10 win seasons.

26 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Plus next year's sched is more forgiving. Sets-up pretty well for a new coach. 

Losing to Minnesota, Purdue and Illinois like we have been doing is inexcusable. We wouldn’t be having this thread at 6-3.  This year to this point should not have been considered to be that difficult. Overall, it probably is better though like you said.

1 hour ago, 1HuskerDad said:

Losing to Minnesota, Purdue and Illinois like we have been doing is inexcusable. We wouldn’t be having this thread at 6-3.  This year to this point should not have been considered to be that difficult. Overall, it probably is better though like you said.

Oh I agree. The BIG does sandbag us but reality is so-far we've played two teams with more talent than us yet have six losses. We aren't any more banged-up than the next team, we are getting outcoached.

Not getting sandbagged for a change in '22 provides an opportunity for the program to have a get-right season. I'm leaning towards giving a new regime the chance to hit the ground running rather than hoping Frost will finally figure it out and fix things after four seasons of not doing that.