Frost just fired himself

4 hours ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

No, I want Pelini-esque results without taking literal swipes at the official with piss on your pants. Callahan's 50% losing seasons can stay away.

Campbell would be the guy to consistently get us 8-9 wins and maybe some surprise CCG appearances. This is the type of coach NU needs. He is only 41. Players play hard for him. Had Allen Lazard, David Montgomery, now Breece Hall. He can recruit difference makers.

The most delusional part is where he said we have a good team.  Good teams don't lose to Illinois.   Good teams don't lose to Minnesota.   Good teams don't lose to Purdue.   Good teams sure as hell don't lose to all 3 in the same season.  You don't need a great team to beat these turds in this toilet division.   You need a mediocre team, and we don't even have that.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

The most delusional part is where he said we have a good team.  Good teams don't lose to Illinois.   Good teams don't lose to Minnesota.   Good teams don't lose to Purdue.   Good teams sure as hell don't lose to all 3 in the same season.  You don't need a great team to beat these turds in this toilet division.   You need a mediocre team, and we don't even have that.

I think we have good talent on our roster. I think we have a HC unable to build the proper culture and attention to detail. 

• Plus1 8

7 hours ago, JoseyWales said:

i agree that if you are going to pull the trigger pull it now. just think of the jobs that are going to be open in the off season- USC and LSU are the big ones now. then you have the domino affect and then the carousel really begins. i feel you need to get out in front of this potential situation.

So if we pull the trigger we are a distant 3rd on the pecking order of vacant jobs for any available coaches or anyone that may be persuaded to leave their current gig. We have the same expectations as those other schools but less resources and recruiting potential, plus we won't reach too deep into the wallet. I am preparing to be underwhelmed with whoever we drag in. 

Thank God for rye whiskey 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Yep

The west is the same crappy division we all made fun of years ago.  The games that had already kicked off when ESPN cut away to them, half empty stadiums in Minny and Purdue and Illinois.   Guys you never heard of on the field, announcers that you never heard of doing the game.  Coaches that all came from the MAC and would end up doing a 4 year stint only to never be heard of again.  The team Iowa puts on the field is horrible but somehow was ranked 2nd this year.

The recruiting in this division is embarrassing and that is being polite.

Nebraska is the best job in the West, by far, and with just a competent coach (Bo could not coach or recruit according to some dorks, yet still finished 1/2 all the time in the division) NU wins the West 3 out of 4 years.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Frost has lost 5 of the last 6 games.  Frost has lost to Illinois, Minnesota, and Purdue this session.  His record is 3-6 in year 4 and 15-26 overall.  He has the 2nd  worst record in Nebraska history.  It’s year 4.  No one wanted Frost to fail but he has.  It’s time to move on TODAY

Edited by IUHusker
Spelling, and forgot to add a couple things
  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, KC Sker said:

So if we pull the trigger we are a distant 3rd on the pecking order of vacant jobs for any available coaches or anyone that may be persuaded to leave their current gig. We have the same expectations as those other schools but less resources and recruiting potential, plus we won't reach too deep into the wallet. I am preparing to be underwhelmed with whoever we drag in. 

Thank God for rye whiskey 

I sort of think it is not an issue.

LSU needs the perfect hire because they canned a coach that was winning and had just won it all.

USC just is not the job people think it is.

NU just needs to hire a decent coach.

If LSU really wants Mel Tucker, they will get him and it will be sort of lame hire in my book.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Frost's contract runs through 2026. If Nebraska parts ways with the head coach at the end of the 2021 season, it will owe him $15 million in buyout money. That buyout drops to $10 million after the 2022 season. It goes down $2.5 million every season after that 

Plus the 3 mil we paid UCF....that's a steep price tag 

8 hours ago, Street Novelist said:

There's no benefit to firing Frost with only 3 games left in the season. Hopefully, Trev has stood up and taken notice. Hopefully, he already has a list and is making calls. If what is said is true, that Frost didn't even address the team after the game, he might have already given up; in which case, you have to fire him. But do it after the season. We're not going to a bowl game anyway; not with 6 losses, soon to be 7. 

What benefit is there to keeping a coach for 3 more games that will likely push more talented kids to the portal.   How many has he lost already??

11 minutes ago, KC Sker said:

Frost's contract runs through 2026. If Nebraska parts ways with the head coach at the end of the 2021 season, it will owe him $15 million in buyout money. That buyout drops to $10 million after the 2022 season. It goes down $2.5 million every season after that 

There is always money in the banana stand. Stop using the buyouts and his contract as an excuse to not firing Frost. He is not performing at his job, fire the guy. 

• Plus1 5
12 minutes ago, KC Sker said:

We can thank Bill Moos for this. 

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There is always money in the banana stand. Stop using the buyouts and his contract as an excuse to not firing Frost. He is not performing at his job, fire the guy. 

The money part is so weird.  I see fans posting about how "hopefully Frost and NU can sit down and discuss a more reasonable buy out"

What?  f#&% off.

• Plus1 1