Frost just fired himself

9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, it's going to be expensive. But the athletic department has enough money. It's a cash printing operation. The one thing that could stop that is continued acceptance of poor performance. That's what the signal would be if Frost is retained. 

Would free up my Saturdays next season. I think I am finally nearing my breaking point if Frost is retained it may very well be the straw that broke the camels back. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

How do you think local businesses feel about a trash football season? You have to imagine the better the team the better the revenue for the city of Lincoln. I would go to 3 or 4 games a year if we were competent. Hell I have been offered tickets for free for that many games this year. Went to the Fordham game because I wanted my son to have his first game be a W. Free tickets don't even get me making the drive because the hotel, food etc. is a poor ROI based on our results. 

I agree with you, especially since I just spent a pretty penny coming in from Denver with my son for this weekend. It was a great weekend, until 4:00 yesterday afternoon when NU decided to stop playing football. 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

One of my brothers told me that Davison is preparing for a run at State Senate. That probably doesn't pay much, but Davison may be realizing his days for getting paid $100K to he Frost's best friend are probably numbered. 

I think it is like a 12K a year job!

But he knows the old buddy job he has now is gone.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree with you, especially since I just spent a pretty penny coming in from Denver with my son for this weekend. It was a great weekend, until 4:00 yesterday afternoon when NU decided to stop playing football. 

It isn't worth the trip with the product on the field. The stadium is going to be noticeably empty next week. No one wants to watch us get our a$$ kicked by tOSU

12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

One of my brothers told me that Davison is preparing for a run at State Senate. That probably doesn't pay much, but Davison may be realizing his days for getting paid $100K to he Frost's best friend are probably numbered. 

Trev is already cleaning house within the AD of those who aren’t contributing.  Davison is on the list after the broadcast season is over whether he runs for Congress or not.  Everything I’m hearing is Trev is strategic and is to the point in asking questions for accountability.

3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

How do you think local businesses feel about a trash football season? You have to imagine the better the team the better the revenue for the city of Lincoln. I would go to 3 or 4 games a year if we were competent. Hell I have been offered tickets for free for that many games this year. Went to the Fordham game because I wanted my son to have his first game be a W. Free tickets don't even get me making the drive because the hotel, food etc. is a poor ROI based on our results. 

This is why I have always said that if a coach cheats, the punishment should be losing home games.  The locals would not put up with that.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

It isn't worth the trip with the product on the field. The stadium is going to be noticeably empty next week. No one wants to watch us get our a$$ kicked by tOSU

I was actually looking at this trip back to Lincoln with my son or taking him to the F1 race in Austin last week. The prices for the F1 race and the hotel for that weekend were crazy expensive. Plus, this Lincoln trip was somewhat of a college visit for my son, whose a sophomore in high school. I know the games are the reason we make the trip back, but I am all about the entire experience of the weekend. 

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I was actually looking at this trip back to Lincoln with my son or taking him to the F1 race in Austin last week. The prices for the F1 race and the hotel for that weekend were crazy expensive. Plus, this Lincoln trip was somewhat of a college visit for my son, whose a sophomore in high school. I know the games are the reason we make the trip back, but I am all about the entire experience of the weekend. 

plus you thought we would actually win this weekend like the vast majority of us. Easier to spend the money to see a W than an a$$ kicking ha 

• Fire 1

I actually don’t have that much of a problem with the quotes. Listen to any past player from the glory years and they will say the coaches weren’t what motivated them.  They motivated each other. Jay Forman was actually talking about this in the radio before the game. He was scared to death of letting his team mates down. That’s what motivated him….not the coaches. 

where the coaches come in is setting the expectations of the players. Coaches can’t be there motivating the players every day. 

Did anyone listen to Cook on the radio after the loss last night?  Wow, talk about throwing players under the bus. Are fans calling him a chicken s#!t? No. The difference, he’s a successful coach. Sometimes players deserve to be called out and I don’t have a problem with that. 

That said, something isn’t working and there needs to be changes. I don’t care if it’s Frost, Adrian, assistant coaches….all the above. I don’t care.  I’m just tired of losing. 

• Haha 2