Frost just fired himself

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I actually don’t have that much of a problem with the quotes. Listen to any past player from the glory years and they will say the coaches weren’t what motivated them.  They motivated each other. Jay Forman was actually talking about this in the radio before the game. He was scared to death of letting his team mates down. That’s what motivated him….not the coaches. 

where the coaches come in is setting the expectations of the players. Coaches can’t be there motivating the players every day. 

Did anyone listen to Cook on the radio after the loss last night?  Wow, talk about throwing players under the bus. Are fans calling him a chicken s#!t? No. The difference, he’s a successful coach. Sometimes players deserve to be called out and I don’t have a problem with that. 

That said, something isn’t working and there needs to be changes. I don’t care if it’s Frost, Adrian, assistant coaches….all the above. I don’t care.  I’m just tired of losing. 

Not trying to be snarky but have you ever played football? Even NFL coaches continue to motivate their players. It is quintessential to building a winning culture. Otherwise you will see what an unmotivated team is. Continued mistakes, lack of discipline, turning on their own fan base that support them across the entire country.

Coaching 101 says never blame your own players. Bo Pelini never did this. Mike Riley never did this. Bill Callahan never did this and and they all have better career records as head coach at Nebraska. Ironic huh?

• Haha 1
Just now, FTW said:

Not trying to be snarky but have you ever played football? Even NFL coaches continue to motivate their players. It is quintessential to building a winning culture. Otherwise you will see what an unmotivated team is. Continued mistakes, lack of discipline, turning on their own fan base that support them across the entire country.

Coaching 101 says never blame your own players. Bo Pelini never did this. Mike Riley never did this. Bo Callahan never did this and and they all have better career records as head coach at Nebraska. Ironic huh?

Yes, and of coarse coaches motivate players. What Jay was talking about was the day to day motivation to do what’s needed to win.  The players hold each other accountable. 

And, I don’t agree with your last statement. That’s something fans always say. But, sometimes players need called out. 

I guess Cook doesn’t know how to coach. 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I actually don’t have that much of a problem with the quotes. Listen to any past player from the glory years and they will say the coaches weren’t what motivated them.  They motivated each other. Jay Forman was actually talking about this in the radio before the game. He was scared to death of letting his team mates down. That’s what motivated him….not the coaches. 

where the coaches come in is setting the expectations of the players. Coaches can’t be there motivating the players every day. 

Did anyone listen to Cook on the radio after the loss last night?  Wow, talk about throwing players under the bus. Are fans calling him a chicken s#!t? No. The difference, he’s a successful coach. Sometimes players deserve to be called out and I don’t have a problem with that. 

That said, something isn’t working and there needs to be changes. I don’t care if it’s Frost, Adrian, assistant coaches….all the above. I don’t care.  I’m just tired of losing. 

Good post and agree here.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Frosts legacy will be that he tied his future, (and the programs future) solely to Martinez. He never developed realistic competition for options behind him. No portal guy, no developmental guy, no accountability for continued and relentless madding mistakes, no where to turn when Adrian struggled.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, IUHusker said:

Frost has lost 5 of the last 6 games.  Frost has lost to Illinois, Minnesota, and Purdue this session.  His record is 3-6 in year 4 and 15-26 overall.  He has the 2nd  worst record in Nebraska history.  It’s year 4.  No one wanted Frost to fail but he has.  It’s time to move on TODAY

Disagree with him 1000% it's is Adrian Martinez fault he talks about ints and missing open wr that's on Martinez 1000% let's be honest. Where I do agree with him is Martinez with 4 ints and 2 fumbles let's not forget that still sees the field, and that is on Frost. Win or lose he is not holding #2 to the same standards as the rest of the team. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Comish said:

Frosts legacy will be that he tied his future, (and the programs future) solely to Martinez. He never developed realistic competition for options behind him. No portal guy, no developmental guy, no accountability for continued and relentless madding mistakes, no where to turn when Adrian struggled.

You posted what I've been thinking. I would like to see Smothers get a lot more playing time. Haven't seen much of him, but I think he did look good against NW, considering the little real time action, he has had.

If Martinez plays like he did against Purdue next week, what does Frost have to lose. Put Smothers in.

GBR!!!

Just now, ndobney said:

Disagree with him 1000% it's is Adrian Martinez fault he talks about ints and missing open wr that's on Martinez 1000% let's be honest. Where I do agree with him is Martinez with 4 ints and 2 fumbles let's not forget that still sees the field, and that is on Frost. Win or lose he is not holding #2 to the same standards as the rest of the team. 

Lol common man. You post this acting as if 2AM just has the ability to tell frost and staff, naw man I’m going back out on the field.

Wake up, Scott frost is mediocre at best. He’s surrounded himself with a staff that isn’t cut out nor ever had the qualifications for a job like this.

our offensive line is a complete f#&%ing joke despite the strong recruiting rankings on there.

our running back room is in complete disarray. There’s no clear cut starter and the backs have zero chance of gaining momentum because they are benched randomly AND THEN NEVER SEE THE FIELD AGAIN DESPITE SOLID RUNS.

We have more natural playmakers at wideout then we’ve had in years and we can’t do s#!t with them because our OC and quarterback are so inept.

we a TE in Allen who will prolly get a few looks from nfl teams yet our ineptness prevents us from scheming any kind of offensive play to him in the redzone when he’s a 6’9 target 

To cap it- we as fans even give frost more credit then he deserves. I am so sick and tired of this one score narrative- f#&% that- this team was down double digits, at home, for the vast majority of the end of that game. Same thing with Minnesota and same thing with Illinois. While it says it on the scoreboard- to me these aren’t one score close losses. These are inexcusable double digit losses to piss poor teams that we make look better on paper because we finally play with urgency at the end but it’s always too little too late.

• Plus1 5
17 minutes ago, ndobney said:

you cant put this all on Adrian, you really can't. Our staffs inability to recruit a competent backup in 4 years etc. is the real issue. It isnt Adrians fault that the coaches trot him out their with crap for an OL and expect him to be something he hasnt shown he can be in 4 years. 

• Plus1 3

It’s on the offensive coaches 100%…

including Verdu.

Yant was working !! why go away from what is working ?!? it’s so frustrating to see that!! Trev has to see that if everyone including pop warner kids do too!! Adrian is getting sent the wrong plays and he is not prepared.. Go back and look at his very first series as a husker. I was at the game against Colorado he literally was running for his life and was fumbling  the ball. Go back and watch it. He was not ready. We even let our good back ups transfer. Noah left, he beat Illinois yesterday. We couldn’t beat Illinois. Gebbia left.. are serviceable back ups are gone. So our best option is to let Adrian play hurt? In year 4 this is our “best” People may ask what coach will come here now, I say lots of coaches will come here now because they see the talent on the field it’s not talent it’s coaching. Just Like those who are on the Defense in Norman, the defense is the only thing keeping us in games here. They need to shut up. By the way Jojo was recruited by Riley and is still here. Thank goodness he’s here.

Maybe we need to find a defensive minded coach, heck… let’s promote Chins.Frost best season was 5-7? With Riley’s players ..

Edited by OreGUNHusker
remembered a stat and a typo