Frost just fired himself

3 hours ago, IUHusker said:

Frost has lost 5 of the last 6 games.  Frost has lost to Illinois, Minnesota, and Purdue this session.  His record is 3-6 in year 4 and 15-26 overall.  He has the 2nd  worst record in Nebraska history.  It’s year 4.  No one wanted Frost to fail but he has.  It’s time to move on TODAY

TODAY? ...... Not happening.  Probably next year or two.  Maybe.

3 hours ago, KC Sker said:

So if we pull the trigger we are a distant 3rd on the pecking order of vacant jobs for any available coaches or anyone that may be persuaded to leave their current gig. We have the same expectations as those other schools but less resources and recruiting potential, plus we won't reach too deep into the wallet. I am preparing to be underwhelmed with whoever we drag in. 

Thank God for rye whiskey 

I would not say we are a distant third as each job has its pluses and minuses.

we have a new athletic complex being built, support teams like no other. 

it would take just finding the right coach. you don't need to win the introductory press conference- you need to win 2 to 3  years in.

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

you cant put this all on Adrian, you really can't. Our staffs inability to recruit a competent backup in 4 years etc. is the real issue. It isnt Adrians fault that the coaches trot him out their with crap for an OL and expect him to be something he hasnt shown he can be in 4 years. 

Even if you can't put it all on Adrian it's a very high percentage. He went into complete meltdown mode yesterday, and has done it several times in close games this season. 4 of 6 losses all by less than 1 possession. Martinez turned the ball over on his last possession. Any time you put in a backup you can expect a drop off in skill or talent, but you need to have someone in case of injury of in our case the starter is in meltdown mode. Frost has brought in backups Cereal, McCaffrey who was certainly not a starter but a backup. Now has Smothers seems to be a good QB I am not sure if they are trying red shirt him cause last year was a convid year, that I would understand, but with the transfer portal it is a little more tricky having a backup when your backup knows they can go start somewhere else. 

4 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Even if you can't put it all on Adrian it's a very high percentage. He went into complete meltdown mode yesterday, and has done it several times in close games this season. 4 of 6 losses all by less than 1 possession. Martinez turned the ball over on his last possession. Any time you put in a backup you can expect a drop off in skill or talent, but you need to have someone in case of injury of in our case the starter is in meltdown mode. Frost has brought in backups Cereal, McCaffrey who was certainly not a starter but a backup. Now has Smothers seems to be a good QB I am not sure if they are trying red shirt him cause last year was a convid year, that I would understand, but with the transfer portal it is a little more tricky having a backup when your backup knows they can go start somewhere else. 

Who recruited Adrian? Who has kept him in even when he struggles? Who hasn't gone to the transfer portal to create an actual competition at QB? I place a low percentage in year 4 on the players 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I actually don’t have that much of a problem with the quotes. Listen to any past player from the glory years and they will say the coaches weren’t what motivated them.  They motivated each other. Jay Forman was actually talking about this in the radio before the game. He was scared to death of letting his team mates down. That’s what motivated him….not the coaches. 

where the coaches come in is setting the expectations of the players. Coaches can’t be there motivating the players every day. 

Did anyone listen to Cook on the radio after the loss last night?  Wow, talk about throwing players under the bus. Are fans calling him a chicken s#!t? No. The difference, he’s a successful coach. Sometimes players deserve to be called out and I don’t have a problem with that. 

That said, something isn’t working and there needs to be changes. I don’t care if it’s Frost, Adrian, assistant coaches….all the above. I don’t care.  I’m just tired of losing. 

The players who say they motivated each other because they were afraid of letting teammates down played on winning teams with winning culture baked in, by a coach who always recruited some players who you really, really hated to disappoint. 

Scott is literally saying the best and favorite roster of his four year career at Nebraska does not have the self-guided motivation to make up for its lack of talent. That's why he couldn't even look them in the face after the game. The winnable game they desperately needed after two weeks of preparation.

Nice move, sh!thead. 

Maybe you folks saw it differently, but I didn't see a team lacking motivation yesterday. I saw a team lacking rhythm, discipline, and confidence. Also a team that has historically failed to make in game adjustments -- like playing incredibly soft coverage against an offense that is nickel and diming you to death. 

Would any of this go to coaching, your arrogant turd lick? 

Saying the team wasn't motivated suggests they didn't really care about winning. That's cold, Frosty. Maybe, just maybe, they were afraid of losing again. That's a big difference. Good coaches know what the difference is.

Cowardly motherf#&%er. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The players who say they motivated each other because they were afraid of letting teammates down played on winning teams with winning culture baked in, by a coach who always recruited some players who you really, really hated to disappoint. 

Scott is literally saying the best and favorite roster of his four year career at Nebraska does not have the self-guided motivation to make up for its lack of talent. That's why he couldn't even look them in the face after the game. The winnable game they desperately needed after two weeks of preparation.

Nice move, sh!thead. 

Maybe you folks saw it differently, but I didn't see a team lacking motivation yesterday. I saw a team lacking rhythm, discipline, and confidence. Also a team that has historically failed to make in game adjustments -- like playing incredibly soft coverage against an offense that is nickel and diming you to death. 

Saying the team wasn't motivated suggests they didn't really care about winning. That's cold, Frosty. Maybe, just maybe, they were afraid of losing again. That's a big difference. Good coaches know what the difference is.

Cowardly motherf#&%er. 

100%.  It’s like when Bo used to say “the players didn’t execute”.  Really Bo?  Who puts them in a position to execute? 

22 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Nice move, sh!thead. 

Cowardly motherf#&%er. 

So, Cook was a s#!t head too. 

20 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Who recruited Adrian? Who has kept him in even when he struggles? Who hasn't gone to the transfer portal to create an actual competition at QB? I place a low percentage in year 4 on the players 

Hedley you have made some fantastic post and arguments as I have read many of them. As for recruiting Adrian the coaches job is to recruit talent which Adrian has than teach and develop that talent which they have. Adrian Martinez knows what to do and has shown that, but when it comes down to it he misses or just doesn't do what he is supposed to do at that point its on him. Where I disagree which you is you place a low percentage on the players in year four. Cause if you put a low percentage on the player that means there is no accountability which I think there needs to be even more accountability for a year four player especially one that is a captain. 

6 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Hedley you have made some fantastic post and arguments as I have read many of them. As for recruiting Adrian the coaches job is to recruit talent which Adrian has than teach and develop that talent which they have. Adrian Martinez knows what to do and has shown that, but when it comes down to it he misses or just doesn't do what he is supposed to do at that point its on him. Where I disagree which you is you place a low percentage on the players in year four. Cause if you put a low percentage on the player that means there is no accountability which I think there needs to be even more accountability for a year four player especially one that is a captain. 

If your team and its players are making the same mistakes over the course of 4 years it isnt the players. 

• Plus1 2