Frost just fired himself

4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

If your team and its players are making the same mistakes over the course of 4 years it isnt the players. 

You've had the same QB and team captain for the last four years making the same bonehead decisions of course that's going to trickle down to the team. So some is definitely on the coaches for not holding the QB position accountable. I wonder if some of that stems from some of the criticism Frost received as a player. He seems to really be digging in. If he's not going to hold the QB position accountable the rest of the team will not be accountable. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

7 minutes ago, ndobney said:

You've had the same QB and team captain for the last four years making the same bonehead decisions of course that's going to trickle down to the team. So some is definitely on the coaches for not holding the QB position accountable. I wonder if some of that stems from some of the criticism Frost received as a player. He seems to really be digging in. If he's not going to hold the QB position accountable the rest of the team will not be accountable. 

Sounds like Frosts fault in failing to properly build the foundation for the program to me. 

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, Cook was a s#!t head too. 

Don't know the Cook you're talking about, didn't hear his comments. I suppose we could compare the similarities and differences between their situations, but it doesn't really change Frost's assessment of the team he has assembled and coached, or the general standard of not blaming your players when you're stinging from a loss. That's where being a grown man comes in. 

Prior to Nebraska, Bill Callahan became famous for calling his team, the Oakland Raiders, "the stupidest football team in America."  He wasn't entirely wrong -- they were a stupid penalty machine -- but Callahan's career went downhill from there, and that is the only quote he'll be remembered for. 

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Sounds like Frosts fault in failing to properly build the foundation for the program to me. 

Well the foundation to Husker football has always been the blackshirts and that side of the ball is definitely gotten better. Unfortunately Frost seems all to willing to fall on the sword for Martinez on the Offensive side of the ball.

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Don't know the Cook you're talking about, didn't hear his comments. I suppose we could compare the similarities and differences between their situations, but it doesn't really change Frost's assessment of the team he has assembled and coached, or the general standard of not blaming your players when you're stinging from a loss. That's where being a grown man comes in. 

Prior to Nebraska, Bill Callahan became famous for calling his team, the Oakland Raiders, "the stupidest football team in America."  He wasn't entirely wrong -- they were a stupid penalty machine -- but Callahan's career went downhill from there, and that is the only quote he'll be remembered for. 

My comments were based on people who always claim if a coach criticizes his players after a loss, they are a horrible coach. 

I Disagree with the basis of that statement.  

Last night after the Loss, Cook did nothing but criticize his players and how they played.  He said nothing about his he needs to coach better. 

So, if Frost is horrible for doing it, I guess Cook sucks because of it too. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

My comments were based on people who always claim if a coach criticizes his players after a loss, they are a horrible coach. 

Last night after the Loss, Cook did nothing but criticize his players and how they played.  He said nothing about his he needs to coach better. 

Sure. If that makes us feel better. 

Pretty sure the resumes of the two coaches dictates one knows a little more about how to handle/criticize his team, when to do it as a motivational tool, and how to pull the very best out of his team.  This is something Cook has done numerous times in his past to get his team to play to the potential he knows they have

Comparing the two is beyond laughable.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I fail to see problem here.  You're team is coming off two lackluster performances in games set up for them to win and maintain momentum.  They clearly aren't driven to play for coaches, one just lost his father when they laid egg.  Maybe they decide to play for each other???  But, biggest upset of season will be if they don't get breaks beaten off them Saturday imo.

I think with his teams record and championships he has earned the right to lay some blame at the foot of the players.  He has proven he can coach and win at the highest levels....repeatedly.  Frost, not so much.  

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Trev has said that he will be re-evaluating the season ticket holders who don't pay an annual donation to purchase their tickets. Last week, he said it was in the 25-30% of ticket holders for football. If he's going to be asking for a donation on top of the ticket prices, then he will need to have a good product on the field. That product isn't there with Frost. 

Trev would be stupid to do that. My parents have had season tickets since ‘92, don’t pay a donation fee and would not renew those tickets if they would be force to pay a donation fee.  

Nebraska has had a difficult time selling tickets going back to the Pelini era BUT gotten worse during the Riley era. The University should re-evaluate the donation price making it more affordable and this wouldn’t be an issue. I know numerous Husker fans that would get season tickets but it’s the donation fee keeping them from doing so. 

I used to officiated football with an Iowa fan who’s father had season tickets for decades who never paid a donation fee. I can’t remember the year ‘15 or ‘16 but Iowa wanted him to pay a $50 donation fee resulting in him not renewing his tickets. I laughed at him & told him that I would gladly pay that instead of the $250 per seat I pay. 

I’ve had season tickets since ‘13 but I will not be renewing my season tickets because of the product on the field for the past 7 years and the arrogance of the University thinking it’s still the glory years and that fans will continue to show up to games considering the product on the field is dogsh#t. 

2 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

Pretty sure the resumes of the two coaches dictates one knows a little more about how to handle/criticize his team, when to do it as a motivational tool, and how to pull the very best out of his team.  This is something Cook has done numerous times in his past to get his team to play to the potential he knows they have

Comparing the two is beyond laughable.

Oh….so it isn’t just a blanket….”My god, the coach threw the players under the bus”.  I was told that was coaching 101 that a coach should never do that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I wish Frost would just bite the bullet, accept a buyout, and announce that he's stepping down at the end of the season. It'd be easiest and most convenient for all involved.

I’m a little afraid of lame duckitis. Did you see where Oregeron cancel practice for a day or two because they were just too beat up? Not sure about letting a lane duck stay to do more damage.