Frost just fired himself

5 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

I’m not saying he should get another year, but listening to today’s press conference actually hurt. I feel for Scott. I so badly wanted this to work. It’s so sad to watch him talk about it. It hurts him to his core. I really would love to see NU rattle off 3 in a row and win a bowl game. 

I know it won’t happen, but man I sure wish it would. 

I totally get this sentiment and this will weigh pretty heavily on Frost for a lot of years.  I agree with you that it's a shame it didn't work out.  This might actually drive him out of the state, never to return.  At the same time, dude is walking away with tens of millions of dollars.  I feel significantly worse for the players who have laid on the line year after year only to be led astray by the incompetent buffoon masquerading as the HC.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I totally get this sentiment and this will weigh pretty heavily on Frost for a lot of years.  I agree with you that it's a shame it didn't work out.  This might actually drive him out of the state, never to return.  At the same time, dude is walking away with tens of millions of dollars.  I feel significantly worse for the players who have laid on the line year after year only to be led astray by the incompetent buffoon masquerading as the HC.  

Bingo.  My feelings would be hurt until I looked at all the stash.  Maybe if he feels bad enough, he offer to will work for half his salary until he goes to a bowl game but I doubt that will happen.

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

No pity.  This has all been brought upon himself by.......himself.  Again, like SO MANY have said, remove the name from the record and is that a good coach for the program.

The tough thing is removing the record from the team. There's undeniable improvement in year 4. There's a murderer's row of a schedule though too. Might be one of the toughest in Husker history. But there's also the same old broken record of this team (really offense) beating itself.

3 hours ago, lo country said:

$20 million, he could go anywhere.....Yes the pride will hurt, but that money would make it a whole lot better.....

Oh you know he’ll be hurting for a week but once those checks start rolling in it’ll be like, “Honey, you want that new $90,000 car now?”

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, gorp512 said:

He would go back to Orlando and likely get a job in the NFL 

I believe this is the most likely scenario. Either as a WR coach or QB coach, he’ll land somewhere. He has contacts. It’s unfortunate he didn’t use them while employed at NU to hire better assistants.

• Plus1 2
Just now, RichardHangslow said:

I wonder if Saban would make him bench his QB after 3 picks or if he would leave him in to inevitably throw the 4th. 

Lol I can picture Saban just losing his sh*& on Frost like he does with his assistants.  Frost probably hasn't gotten screamed at like that since he played under Parcells.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I really wouldn't be shocked to see him legitimately go to Alabama to bathe in Lake Saban.  Learn how to run a program, get bumped up to OC in a year or two and then boom, he's the hottest ticket in town again in 5 years.

That would be the most Nebraska thing ever. He doesn’t work, we fire him. He works his way back through the ranks for a few years and leads some other team to greatness while we wallow in mediocrity still. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1