Frost just fired himself

9 minutes ago, Farms said:

That would be the most Nebraska thing ever. He doesn’t work, we fire him. He works his way back through the ranks for a few years and leads some other team to greatness while we wallow in mediocrity still. 

Yup, couldn't have said it better myself.  Lol I forget to add in my post that I was going to type, "That would be the most Nebraska thing ever" and you went ahead and did it for me!

• Plus1 2

I see Scott getting at least 1 more year. Maybe with the stipulation he make some changes to the program in the coaching ranks and maybe with some performance benchmarks. 

We really should part ways with Adrian. It would be best for all parties involved. 

A more likely scenario in my mind would be if Scott resigned vs Trev dropping the axe. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Farms said:

I wonder if when he said “I don’t want to overstep” in his presser if he was alluding to already being told that he’s going to get one more year.

Trev said in his introduction presser (or early on after he came in) he wasn't looking at wins and losses, but incremental improvements. I'm wondering if he is using this year as a baseline and not really considering what occurred before he stepped in at AD or if he thinks things have improved from last year. 

We'll see I guess 

6 minutes ago, KC Sker said:

Trev said in his introduction presser (or early on after he came in) he wasn't looking at wins and losses, but incremental improvements. I'm wondering if he is using this year as a baseline and not really considering what occurred before he stepped in at AD or if he thinks things have improved from last year. 

We'll see I guess 

I just really don’t think Trev had any plans of firing Frost but I doubt he thought the last two weeks would turn out the way it did either. Not saying it’s too late to switch gears but still you’d probably like to be further along in the process if you were going to make a change. 

2 hours ago, Farms said:

That would be the most Nebraska thing ever. He doesn’t work, we fire him. He works his way back through the ranks for a few years and leads some other team to greatness while we wallow in mediocrity still. 

You mean like how all the coaches who have been dismissed since TO was here have gone on to lead their new schools to greatness, basking in national championships?

• Fire 1

Can all the guys who were posting all the obscure stats about how good this team really was and how much improved Martinez was and was going to get NFL looks just take a seat or put some kind of asterisk next to your name?

Because you were wrong- dead wrong and your opinions about serious Husker matters should be taken with a huge grain of salt or ignored completely. 

This is a 3 win team with bad coaching, bad fundamentals and a bad quarterback and that’s all that really ever matters now

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
12 hours ago, Farms said:

I wonder if when he said “I don’t want to overstep” in his presser if he was alluding to already being told that he’s going to get one more year.

No, I think he’s trying to be careful not to say the wrong things because he did in the Purdue post game presser.

11 hours ago, Farms said:

I just really don’t think Trev had any plans of firing Frost but I doubt he thought the last two weeks would turn out the way it did either. Not saying it’s too late to switch gears but still you’d probably like to be further along in the process if you were going to make a change. 

If he wasn’t prepared to adapt to change then he shouldn’t have taken the job. If he keeps Frost and by some luck we go bowling next year, he looks like a genius. If he fires him and the new hire brings a winning season, he looks like a genius. Firing Frost or asking him to step down is a win-win for NU. I still think we will part ways with Frost and I think it will happen after the OSU game. Matt Campbell is going to be the next head coach at Nebraska. Book it.

18 hours ago, KC Sker said:

We'll see I guess 

If we finish 3-9 the AD is going to get some real heat, believe me. It’s going to be a hard sell to keep SF regardless of how many artificial “one possession” losses there are. In pretty much all of those we were down by too much and getting garbage points while we ran out of time. That’s not exactly “close” IMO.