Frost just fired himself

Just now, gobiggergoredder said:

No but I'll take a guess Benning is talking about himself using very long detailed sentences with numerous pauses.

Yes. 

"I can connect to this experience" ::pause::

He thinks he's so much smarter than he is that it's embarrassing to listen to. 

Watched the whole 8 minute presser when he made that sound bite.  Not near as damning as the quote.  Talked about having guys like AA and JoJo who could say what needed to be said.  Talked about AM needing to dive to pick up that first and not step out of bounds.  I had to laugh when he said "when it's nut cutting time" you need to get it done.  And he said that was just one example.  Mentioned team as a whole.  This doesn't change my opinion of the situation, but I am guessing he wants the team to play a lot more physical.  Toure not laying out for that catch comes to mind....

11 minutes ago, lo country said:

Watched the whole 8 minute presser when he made that sound bite.  Not near as damning as the quote.  Talked about having guys like AA and JoJo who could say what needed to be said.  Talked about AM needing to dive to pick up that first and not step out of bounds.  I had to laugh when he said "when it's nut cutting time" you need to get it done.  And he said that was just one example.  Mentioned team as a whole.  This doesn't change my opinion of the situation, but I am guessing he wants the team to play a lot more physical.  Toure not laying out for that catch comes to mind....

A few of the guys out there seem to lay it all on the line. I honestly dont think its an effort thing for a lot of the guys.

Its a coaching issue. Guys arent put in spots to succeed at times.

Of course other times it seems to be execution but I honestly believe we have talent and even the right mentality to win a lot more games. Its consistently bad gameplanning or in game coaching. 

I think Frost is just a bad coach. He surrounded himself with yes men or mediocre coaches. His ego doesnt let him see he needs help.

I dont question Frosts heart. I think he truly wants it to be successful but he is in over his head. 

Adrians soph year and total lack of any viable QB options show me he cant get over what his intial though was. Adrian might be a great leader but he is a poor QB who makes constant mistakes and yet has only been benched once.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, lo country said:

I just want everybody to bring it like JoJo. Dude is a psycho! He was flying around last weekend punishing people, and sacrificing his body. He absolutely murder his guy during the onside kick. I think he only had one obviously bad play where he came in full speed and just bounced off the ball carrier. I'll take that effort all day long even if we didn't make the play, because it'll add up throughout the game.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, lo country said:

I'm a busy man, so I only have time to second-guess people based on the single worst thing they said.

Seriously, though, did Frost say anything about changes he and his staff need to make, or the bare minimum "I need to do better" that every coach says in this situation, whether he believes it or not? 

When it's the team as a whole, coming out after a bye week desperately needing this winnable game, with the home crowd still roaring its support, and you can point to the many, many things the players you've assembled aren't doing well, losing in much the same way they've lost 26 games in less than four seasons, you lead with the mea culpa. 

We can dance around it all we want, but by every metric available, Scott Frost is one of the worst head coaches in college football.

What do you think Scott should do to motivate himself?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Just so weird that Riley left our defense this pathetic shell. Chinander turns it completely around by year 4...but then what we've assembled on offense can't even put up 28-30 points against teams like Illinois, Minnesota, & Purdue.

Pretty much the entire team - from coaches to players - just looked like they'd given up on the season in this one by about the middle of the second quarter.

Toure not catching a very catchable deep ball to turn the game around...Martinez not stretching out for the first down...our right tackle whiffing roughly 25% of the time...our offense has just absolutely sucked so far in the second half of the season.

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm a busy man, so I only have time to second-guess people based on the single worst thing they said.

Seriously, though, did Frost say anything about changes he and his staff need to make, or the bare minimum "I need to do better" that every coach says in this situation, whether he believes it or not? 

When it's the team as a whole, coming out after a bye week desperately needing this winnable game, with the home crowd still roaring its support, and you can point to the many, many things the players you've assembled aren't doing well, losing in much the same way they've lost 26 games in less than four seasons, you lead with the mea culpa. 

We can dance around it all we want, but by every metric available, Scott Frost is one of the worst head coaches in college football.

What do you think Scott should do to motivate himself?

I agree with you 100%.  I want Frost gone for the previous 4 years.  Not a sound bite.  When you looked at Frost and his tenure as a HC at NU, he truly is one of the worst coaches in football history......Here a tidbit from an article that continues to point to the metrics...

The Huskers should have recovered an onside kick against Purdue Saturday. 

But they didn’t.

“I thought we had it,” Frost said. 

That, more than anything, is the Frost experience. Though to be fair, had Nebraska gotten the ball, there would have been little confidence in NU’s ability to drive for the win. It has had an opportunity to drive to tie or win a game in the last four minutes 16 times under Frost and gone scoreless on 15 possessions. 

You can't blame the kids lack of motivation.  That statistic is straight up poor coaching.  Be it scheme, play calling or personnel........

Whole sobering article here:

https://hailvarsity.com/football/nebraska-scott-frost-are-running-out-of-time-to-find-the-answer/

• Plus1 2